Something I Heard On The Radio

ChineseDemocracy2004

Good evening.

I was listening to Planet Rock radio a few moments ago and they had a program on about songs being responses to former band members or cultural things. The DJ mentioned that American Idiot was about Lynyrd Skynyrd (Really?) and that There Was A Time was about Slash. When the DJ said that I thought Sorry was about to be played so I was surprised. It's something to talk about for a few minutes. I also thought the song was about Stephanie Seymour (but then again what isn't on the album :P ) but I just thought I would mention it and see what everybody thinks regarding more than the obvious target audience for the song.

What do you think?

I'm sorry if something like this has been discussed before.

Well let me put it this way. Most DJ's are f@#king stupid as hell. They hardly ever know what they are talking about. lol So don't put too much into it. Look at it this way. At least There Was a Time got mentioned on the radio.

Good evening.

I was listening to Planet Rock radio a few moments ago and they had a program on about songs being responses to former band members or cultural things. The DJ mentioned that American Idiot was about Lynyrd Skynyrd (Really?) and that There Was A Time was about Slash. When the DJ said that I thought Sorry was about to be played so I was surprised. It's something to talk about for a few minutes. I also thought the song was about Stephanie Seymour (but then again what isn't on the album :P ) but I just thought I would mention it and see what everybody thinks regarding more than the obvious target audience for the song.

What do you think?

I'm sorry if something like this has been discussed before.

:rofl-lol:

While I don't think the song is about Slash, or anything related to that, when I first heard the song back in 2006 I got the sense that the lyrics were metaphorically speaking about the old GNR and perhaps slash specifically. Not in a sexual way, but in the sense that Axl felt that he had given his all to the band. In the lyrics, he felt like a scorned lover who's sense of devotion to the band was trampled while Slash and co., who at the time were "sleeping in another woman's bed" by doing Velvet Revolver(and various other projects) and screwing around with all the sleazy agents and hangers-on that Axl hated. How they all consorted with lawyers who twisted facts and found ways around the laws. Yet sometimes he looks back, reminisces, and considers reconnecting, but at this point it would be useless because now, things have become so ugly, that he doesn't even want to know the other side of the story . (Hey, there was a long time to think about the few songs that were out there in the 7 years prior to CD being released!)

Is about Stephanie, no doubts... as many others.

That woman is/was the Axl Rose "DIVA" .

Well i dont know if any of the songs is about Stephanie because during all this years Axl might have meet other women that touched him enough to make him write about it .

I agree with you on something , i always got the feeling that Stephanie seemed to be the woman he was more involved with in his life...or loved the most if you preffer .

Well i dont know if any of the songs is about Stephanie because during all this years Axl might have meet other women that touched him enough to make him write about it .

I agree with you on something , i always got the feeling that Stephanie seemed to be the woman he was more involved with in his life...or loved the most if you preffer .

Read the answer to the 'So he was an old fashioned lover?' It gives you an insight into their relationship.

Read the answer to the 'So he was an old fashioned lover?' It gives you an insight into their relationship.

Yes,i read that before :) sure sounds the man was crazy about her . All the story of him riding a horse to her house to give her flowers is awesome ....

Is funny when she says that the things he did for her can only be read in history books that brings to mind the way that people say he asked Erin to marry him ...that alone shows how the man liked to do some "grand romantic gestures "(to say the least) fit to movies

Yes,i read that before :) sure sounds the man was crazy about her . All the story of him riding a horse to her house to give her flowers is awesome ....

Is funny when she says that the things he did for her can only be read in history books that brings to mind the way that people say he asked Erin to marry him ...that alone shows how the man liked to do some "grand romantic gestures "(to say the least) fit to movies

wow i never read that interview before...

thanks