Do you think Axl will ever take three years off again?

John Bonham

Let's face it - as far as momentum goes - these last few years have been unprecedented for New Guns.

14avr79.jpg

2006 - Massive tour

2007 - Tour

2008 - Album and Dexter chats

2009 - Asian tour

2010 - Massive tour and possible new album

It's pretty amazing when you think about all the down-time Axl had since 1993.

Since there are a lot of haters around here that doubt Axl has another album up his sleeve, AND ALSO since he's basically toured the entire World this last time around, and there's virtually no where left that hasn't had the Chinese Democracy Mystery Tour roll up through their region ...

What's next (If you don't see a new album on the horizon)?

Does Axl take another (well-deserved) three years off? Or does he deliver the "album, tour, album, tour, album tour" like he's suggested was his plan in the past?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Axl is intent on getting the maximum touring mileage out of Chinese Democracy. Can't see him dropping another album during a tour, because that would negate the reason for another tour and another chance to make money.

I fully expect another album and another tour in the next three years, but after that, it may be lights out.

The next album is being prepared and it probably will be out in 2011 after summer....if things go according to plan, which they never do in GnR-land.

He wants to see if he can stall it enough to get away from the company obligations so he can try a Radiohead kind of release (under own control, through internet, later with the help of a few labels to distribute only).

For that he needs to do shows, to keep the company quiet.

The next album is being prepared and it probably will be out in 2011 after summer....if things go according to plan, which they never do in GnR-land.

He wants to see if he can stall it enough to get away from the company obligations so he can try a Radiohead kind of release (under own control, through internet, later with the help of a few labels to distribute only).

dave?

^^

I'm skeptical, but your plan sounds good.

One thing that people never mention though, is the impending litigation

with Azoff.

I remember reading (I forget where), that Axl was the type of guy, that was very "hands on" when it came to lawsuits brought against him.

Surely that would take up a considerable amount of time.

It's hard to say. They haven't even set up a US tour for Chinese Democracy. Will they? No one knows. Being that CD wasn't a success in the US, it might be worth it for them to not tour, and then release a second album, this time correctly, and with promotion, and then begin a US tour, and then bring it back around the world from there. Or they could use the momentum they have now, finish the world tour, start a US tour, and then right after the US tour, release the second album. They could let the second album gain momentum for up to a year, and then go on tour for it again.

I think if GNR took 3 years off now, or any time off, it would be a disaster. They need to keep the momentum up until they can release a second album and make it successful. There's been too many starts and stops in this whole process, and people have lost interest, and I would imagine if they took another break, it would severely hurt any chances of this band being successful ever again.

It's hard to say. They haven't even set up a US tour for Chinese Democracy. Will they? No one knows.

It's a pretty safe assumption that they will.

We'll probably start hearing about rumored US dates sometime this August.

Is it, though?

Don't you think Axl will have trouble setting up a tour in the states, while he is essentially be sued, by the biggest and most essential of promoters?

And let says I was a competing promoter; Why would I want to help Axl, when I see he hasn't paid the last guy that worked for him?

Let's face it - as far as momentum goes - these last few years have been unprecedented for New Guns.

14avr79.jpg

2006 - Massive tour

2007 - Tour

2009 - Asian tour

Since there are a lot of haters around here that doubt Axl has another album up his sleeve, AND ALSO since he's basically toured the entire World this last time around, and there's virtually no where left that hasn't had the Chinese Democracy Mystery Tour roll up through their region ...

What's next (If you don't see a new album on the horizon)?

Does Axl take another (well-deserved) three years off? Or does he deliver the "album, tour, album, tour, album tour" like he's suggested was his plan in the past?

I'm about as pro Axl and nu Guns as it gets, and though I do believe he has enough material for another album or more, I highly doubt we will see it in the next five years.

Don't you think Axl will have trouble setting up a tour in the states, while he is essentially be sued, by the biggest and most essential of promoters?

And let says I was a competing promoter; Why would I want to help Axl, when I see he hasn't paid the last guy that worked for him?

That's just another Doomsday scenario.

Axl will figure out a way to tour the States - I think his vanity depends on it.

Edited by John Bonham

Axl will figure out a way to tour the States - I think his vanity depends on it.

I think its a pretty reasonable scenario.

Seems like we would be getting some sorta inkling of a US tour. I've not read anything on this board or off that makes me think that one is in the works.

If he had trouble scheduling Costa Rica, what makes you think he won't have trouble in the US?

Seems like we would be getting some sorta inkling of a US tour. I've not read anything on this board or off that makes me think that one is in the works.

If he had trouble scheduling Costa Rica, what makes you think he won't have trouble in the US?

Frank said in a video interview they plan to hit America in the fall or late summer, one of those two at least. That shows they are at least looking into it.

The dates so far seem to have been kept fairly under raps, much more than the 06 tour if memory serves, so I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything yet. I doubt we will for a while.

Edited by plonker88

Frank said in a video interview they plan to hit America in the fall or late summer, one of those two at least. That shows they are at least looking into it.

Yeah I saw that interview. I thought he was very vague.

More like "maybe or hopefully" they plan to hit America.

Yeah I saw that interview. I thought he was very vague.

More like "maybe or hopefully" they plan to hit America.

I don't think he would throw it out there if he didn't have something to back it up to be honest but this is Guns N' Roses so who the fuck knows.

14avr79.jpg

2006 - Massive tour

2007 - Tour

2009 - Asian tour

Well, your cup is certainly half-full. Some could take the same exact events and have it read like this:

2006 - Promise of a new album. Played half-filled arenas throughout the year. Two weeks before year's end, Axl lets us know that the album still isn't finished and that it is his management's fault. Cancelled remaining shows to finish album.

2007 - March 6th passed - no album, no updates as to why. Tour started late, only lasted two months. Was going to return to the studio to put "finishing touches" on album. Didn't hear from Axl again in 2007.

2008 - Another guitar player jumped ship. Chinese Democracy was forced out after 80% of the album leaked online. No promotion. No single. Disappointing sales. Overall sense of interest outside of gnr forums very low.

2009 - Heard of tour rumors very early in the year. Acquired another guitarist that nobody cares about. Axl wasn't showing for rehearsals. Tour didn't start til late December. When it did start, it was half-way around the world.

2010 - More of the same. Another Chinese Democracy world tour. Most of the "new songs" that they are playing have been played live since as early as 2001. Not surprisingly, no NA tour dates announced.