How realistic is the possibility of a new album this year?

gavgnr

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

Bucket & Axl @ disneyland

where can i read about that? :xmasssanta:

It's where Axl finally convinced Bucket to sign a GN'R contract.

it was in the chats, when that fan obsessed with disneyland kept asking Axl quesitons about it

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

You're naive if you believe that Axl will release another album the coming three years.

Where did that pic of Axl and Doc come from??

@gunsnroses twitter i think

Well thats a good sign. Why would they hire Doc if not to put out the next album? Makes logical sense...

There is no GnR album this year, period. Probably after summer next year if everything goes according to plan which it rarely does in GnR land.

As long as there are no leaks coming, don't expect the album within 6 months. The leaks will happen when they let the high bosses and insiders hear the material.

Where did that pic of Axl and Doc come from??

@gunsnroses twitter i think

Well thats a good sign. Why would they hire Doc if not to put out the next album? Makes logical sense...

I could be wrong but they could also be using Doc to set up a US tour. I hope im wrong and its actually for a re-release or new album though. Who was Gun's manager back in 2000-2002?? Did they even have a manager during the 2001-2002 tour?

Don't know why people started this rumor. I asked DJ and Ron in Costa Rica and there's not album on the way, DJ told me that he's alway writing and that the idea is to work on an album, and Ron said that he have no idea of an album...so, please stop it.

Don't know why people started this rumor. I asked DJ and Ron in Costa Rica and there's not album on the way, DJ told me that he's alway writing and that the idea is to work on an album, and Ron said that he have no idea of an album...so, please stop it.

Wrong. Axl said it's coming and I believe him. Don't you have any faith in him that he'll put it out?

Wrong. Axl said it's coming and I believe him. Don't you have any faith in him that he'll put it out?

Didn't someone close to the band tell you its coming out? Who was it, please tell me!!!!!!!

Didn't someone close to the band tell you its coming out? Who was it, please tell me!!!!!!!

Beta told me that it was still "on the horizon". Which is good, as it shows it's on Axl's to do list. But she also added that this does not depend solely on Axl.

he made a reference to an old tv-show version of batman. same bat time, same bat channel.

YOUR FAITH does not produce a new GnR album. It has to be 1) written 2) recorded 3) mixed... before it can enter the whole corporate/record label searches for a perfect launch date - pallette. which usually delays albums from anything like months to even over a year at worst.

Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. and most certainly into insane conclusions.

I could with great confidence bet my life savings on the ..umm... fact is what I like to call it. that there is no CD II waiting in the vaults for a perfect release date. Its a guesstimation at its heart, though.

the people who keep these false rumors going are very mean and hurtful towards people who get excited at a possibility like this easily.

Beta told me that it was still "on the horizon". Which is good, as it shows it's on Axl's to do list. But she also added that this does not depend solely on Axl.

Was this in person, or via PM?

PM

Right, but you have to remember that CD was on his "to do" list for like, 10 years.

PM

Wow, nice. It does sound like Axl might have to come to an agreement with the record label again before it is put out, that could be what she meant by not depending solely on Axl, just my opinion.

Right, but you have to remember that CD was on his "to do" list for like, 10 years.

Right, but my point is to show all these newbies who don't even believe that this album exists that it is, in fact, on its way.

Right, but my point is to show all these newbies who don't even believe that this album exists that it is, in fact, on its way.

The last time Axl spoke on the subject, he said it didn't.

Isn't he his own best source.

PM

Wow, nice. It does sound like Axl might have to come to an agreement with the record label again before it is put out, that could be what she meant by not depending solely on Axl, just my opinion.

I think that's the mane issue when it comes to the next album. I'm sure he wants to put it out, but doesn't want t to be hasty with doing so, especially after what went down with CD.

I also hope Axl meets them half way this time and promotes it. I think that's why fans are all calling for this album now, while the the band is active, as we're concerned he might be MIA upon its release again...

The last time Axl spoke on the subject, he said it didn't.

Isn't he his own best source.

He could have been playing coy, in 2006 in the Eddie Trunk interview he said he had something like 26 songs finished out of 32(or something similar). I could be wishful thinking though but Beta would know more about the details then anyone in the band(except Axl of course).