How realistic is the possibility of a new album this year?

gavgnr

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc never denied being Gun's manager. Paul Simmons said this:

"A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'

Not exactly a straight out denial really. If he wasn't involved at all with Guns he would have said "Its not true" or something to that effect. I don't really see Axl as the type to put a name down as his manager without it being true.

So there's clearly some rumours floating amongst the gnr forums about the possibility of a new gnr album this year.

May I suggest we begin to get some serious discussion about the realistic possibility of this happening, and hopefully invite some real answers from certain members who occasionally frequent this board to shed some light on this.

What are you fkn retarded??!! Enough with these bullshit threads already.

Doc never denied being Gun's manager. Paul Simmons said this:

"A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'

Not exactly a straight out denial really. If he wasn't involved at all with Guns he would have said "Its not true" or something to that effect. I don't really see Axl as the type to put a name down as his manager without it being true.

I think you mean Paul Stanley ;)

mixed him with Gene Simmons to create some kind of KISS transformer ;)

And yeah... no one should listen to Paul. Like he knows anything... that pic is the best evidence yet that Doc is involved. That and oh, say, the original announcement :P

To all the doubters:

eijpxi.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but who are the dudes on the left?

The guy in the middle is the only one you need be worried about, my friend. That man... is Doc McGhee.

This is why your one of the best posters on this forum :) Photo proof that Doc is involved with Guns. I knew Paul Stanley(got Gene and Paul mixed up) had it wrong. Nice that there is a picture of Axl and Doc together, this never happened with Azoff. Doesn't mean an album is coming but shows good vibes between the two.

To all the doubters:

eijpxi.jpg

The guy in the middle is the only one you need be worried about, my friend. That man... is Doc McGhee.

Good to see they met and whatnot, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's all official; nor does it indicate a new album will be coming out. (I know you didn't say anything about that, but I'm just throwing it out there considering the thread's topic.)

I'm not trying to deflate anyone's hopes, because more than anything I'd love to have another album in the next year -- but I really don't see any reason to begin getting hopes up so early. As of now nothing's really been even implied by Axl that a new album will be out any time soon.

To all the doubters:

eijpxi.jpg

Good to see they met and whatnot, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's all official; nor does it indicate a new album will be coming out. (I know you didn't say anything about that, but I'm just throwing it out there considering the thread's topic.)

I'm not trying to deflate anyone's hopes, because more than anything I'd love to have another album in the next year -- but I really don't see any reason to begin getting hopes up so early. As of now nothing's really been even implied by Axl that a new album will be out any time soon.

Who knows about the whole album situation, but I do believe it's quite official now that Doc is managing Guns.

To all the doubters:

eijpxi.jpg

Who knows about the whole album situation, but I do believe it's quite official now that Doc is managing Guns.

How good of a manager is Doc? He seems pretty business savvy and all, but could he be better then Azoff?

I think Azoff has a much stronger reputation within the industry (and is maybe a more powerful figure - doesn't he own a huge chunk of Live Nation?), but I don't know. It doesn't mean Doc can't get shit done. ;)

Yeh he owns quite a bit of Ticketmaster or Live Nation, not sure which one. One bad side of that would be Axl not getting the proper time and effort due to Azoff being a very busy man, Doc seems more like a one on one manager. But i could be wrong.

I just checked, it seems Azoff is CEO and chairman of Ticketmaster, while being a chairman in Live Nation, in other words, a huge monopoly. Not to mention the countless other bands and popular performers he manages, there wouldn't be hardly anytime for Guns N Roses.

And it does look like Axl has taken to DJ quite a lot, moreso than Bucket, Robin, BBF, Fortus, hell even Dizzy and Stintson. Pretty cool, although i would rather have Bucket back in there, man that guy had mindblowing solos...

Edited by Young_Gun

To all the doubters:

eijpxi.jpg

How good of a manager is Doc? He seems pretty business savvy and all, but could he be better then Azoff?

Doc seems to know his shit, he has a good carreer behind him, however what is hilarious is that he insulted Axl in a video interview (that got removed from youtube recently -guess who asked to remove the vid- it was called "Axl Rose Ultimate Hellraiser") a few years ago, saying that "Axl would talk to a lamp if it told him what he wanted to hear" and painting him as a poor guy in his own world.

I find it ironic that a guy who would say that would have no problem managing Guns some years later, but I guess this shows how corrupt this guy is - and hence how good he can be at his job.

Guest gunns5

I just checked, it seems Azoff is CEO and chairman of Ticketmaster, while being a chairman in Live Nation, in other words, a huge monopoly. Not to mention the countless other bands and popular performers he manages, there wouldn't be hardly anytime for Guns N Roses.

And it does look like Axl has taken to DJ quite a lot, moreso than Bucket, Robin, BBF, Fortus, hell even Dizzy and Stintson. Pretty cool, although i would rather have Bucket back in there, man that guy had mindblowing solos...

+1

And it does look like Axl has taken to DJ quite a lot, moreso than Bucket, Robin, BBF, Fortus, hell even Dizzy and Stintson....

Why? Based on that one picture?

How do you know BBF, Dizzy and Stintson aren't there also?

And it does look like Axl has taken to DJ quite a lot, moreso than Bucket, Robin, BBF, Fortus, hell even Dizzy and Stintson....

Oh i dunno, how about the countless bootlegs we have seen of Guns live. Axl's chemistry and interaction with Ashba stands out moreso then any other member i've seen post old line up.

Guest gunns5

Oh i dunno, how about the countless bootlegs we have seen of Guns live. Axl's chemistry and interaction with Ashba stands out moreso then any other member i've seen post old line up.

People didnt know that Axl use to hang out with Bucket heaaaaaaps of times like at Disneyland etc and you wouldn't really guess it based on the 'interaction' on stage

stop playing mr inside scoop

People didnt know that Axl use to hang out with Bucket heaaaaaaps of times like at Disneyland etc and you wouldn't really guess it based on the 'interaction' on stage

stop playing mr inside scoop

I think you exaggerate buddy. HEAAAPPPSSS of times meaning what?! He went to Disneyland with Bucket, we don't know how many times, if not only once. Don't forget the lovely 2004 letter where Axl had no good words to say about Bucket ethic in the studio and out. I go by what i see, not statements or claims made by Axl and others(which change depending what year it is). I never claimed the "inside scoop". Judging by the live footage it looks like Axl really enjoys having DJ on board. Don't get upset because Bucket never got that kind of bond(im a huge Bucket fan myself, best guitarist Guns ever had).

Also if i remember correctly, reports claimed that Axl went to Disneyland with Bucket to convince him to stay with Guns,not just for fun, which may or may not be true, but considering the reports said this before Axl admitted ever going to Disneyland with Bucket, id say there is some truth in it for sure.

Edited by Young_Gun