NuGnR 2001/2002 tour article

classicrawker

man, it really did seem like the end of the line back then... 2002-2005 were probably the dullest years to be a Guns N Roses fan, left with a bitter aftertaste and then no idea what the hell was going on. Thank fuck for 2006.

man, it really did seem like the end of the line back then... 2002-2005 were probably the dullest years to be a Guns N Roses fan, left with a bitter aftertaste and then no idea what the hell was going on. Thank fuck for 2006.

yea...i had a hard time really following the band myself. Agreed if it wasnt for 06' I don't know if I'd still be a GNR fan.

yea...i had a hard time really following the band myself. Agreed if it wasnt for 06' I don't know if I'd still be a GNR fan.

We should make a thread where we cabn collect scanned articles from rolling stone, classick rock,etc...would be great!

We should make a thread where we cabn collect scanned articles from rolling stone, classick rock,etc...would be great!

Now theres an idear :thumbsup:

No way man, if there ever was a state of nonexistence for a GNR fan it was between '96-'99. Almost four years passed without a peep from Axl or really anyone in the band. No one had any idea even if there was going to be a band. Up until the release of "Oh My God" for the End of Days movie, there was next to nothing. No media coverage, no appetite, no curiosity, nothing. At least between 2002 and 2005 we had recent bootlegs of the shows from 2002, an idea of who was actually in the band, a commitment that the album would be coming, and new songs to listen to, albeit live boots. If I had to relive any period of GNR exodus, I would much rather take 2002-2005 over 1996-1999. I remember sitting in grade 10 computer class in '96 thinking the album was coming any month, getting an informal update from the only GNR fan community a la the Dust N' Bones mailing list. Forums didn't even exist back then to discuss the fact that nothing was happening.

Cheers,

Andrew