A rumor I found

AxlRose14

Might be a dumb question.... but why would UMG not be interested in a new Guns album?

Because Chinese Democracy was a commercial flop?

The album being turned in last month sounds plausible, but after waiting years for Chinese Democracy, I won't be holding my breath until I hear some concrete information from industry sources or the band itself.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're on tour right now, you'd think that would be a pretty good time to release an album

It might mean nothing and it probably doesn't, but did you see any Chinese Democracy reference on the Europe Tour poster? Only Skulls, Roses... classic Guns N' Roses symbols.

If the Guns N' Roses selftitled album was really meant to come out in July, I suppose that tour was already meant to be for that CD. Or not.

Edited by ManetsBR

They're on tour right now, you'd think that would be a pretty good time to release an album

I wouldn't really call approximately 5 dates, across 3 months, a 'tour' exactly, but I understand what you are saying.

Most of the general public that are even remotely interested in Guns N' Roses haven't even seen GN'R tour the Chinese Democracy material (post-CD release) I mean, so I am not sure it is the best time to see a new album. That said, I would absolutely love to see a new album drop, considering I have seen them 'tour' under the Chinese Democracy banner back in 2006.

Might be a flop in terms of it being a Guns album, but it's not like it wouldn't sell more then about 90% of the rest of their clients right?

I'm just saying it seems like bad business to say no to an album, any album, from anyone, that would be top ~5 on album charts around the world.

Hi MSL, it`s been a while since I have seen you posting on here! You know anymore specifics about the next Guns album?

was turned in last month in hopes of a july release. UMG isn't interested in marketing a new GNR album right now. not sure how the impasse will be resolved.

I heard the same thing.

yeeaaaaaa

kkkkkkkkkkkkk allright dude, think what you want.

Not that I think you're lying (nor do I necessarily believe you) but I mean, come on. A trustable guy comes in and says something that nobody else knows, then you swing in and HAVE to go "YEPPERS! I RECEIVED THE SAME INFORMATION FROM MY SOURCES. :3". It didn't really do much for anyone. It just made dumb people think "whoa...this Manets kid is tough shit."

I have been saying this thing for some long here and all I see in reply are comments like "Manets thinks he knows something bla bla bla".

Then MSL comes and say the same shit and you're all surprised and shocked.

Might be a dumb question.... but why would UMG not be interested in a new Guns album?

I think it's something related to GNR lack of promotion.

"I think UMG won't promote a GNR album because of GNR's lack of promotion."

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

^why do i have trouble believing you? Just seems too...idk. Convenient that you'd show up and say that.

maybe to say that is why i showed up . . .

but what do i know, i only broke the best buy deal, the release date, shared tracks year after year, etc . . .

KO :rolleyes:

^why do i have trouble believing you? Just seems too...idk. Convenient that you'd show up and say that.

maybe to say that is why i showed up . . .

but what do i know, i only broke the best buy deal, the release date, shared tracks year after year, etc . . .

KO :rolleyes:

"YEAH, YOU GEDDEM MSL!!!!

ps. plzgimmecheckmatethxman"

This is the situation from what i gather(by no means am i an insider or know it all)

I think the release of Chidem set a precedent for future Guns albums where:

Axl wasn't happy with the labels lack of help(he even said this in the 2002 interview where he had to do pretty much everything like A&R man, sole lyric writer, manager, producer)

Label wasn't happy with the time and money it took for the album

Label decides to do a rush job on the record, draft booklet, no promo

Axl refuses to do the talk show circuit, videos, promo

Label reluctant to finance/put out the follow up album

This could be how it went down but i don't know much more then anyone else here. The Azoff thing sure does make a whole lot of sense. Even though he organised the Best Buy deal and profited from it, the original Guns reunion is what he really wanted. The pay off from that would have made the commission he made of Best Buy look like pocket change.. Something probably transpired between the time the Best Buy deal was signed to the actual album's release that sent Axl MIA, im guessing it was Azoff's persistance of a reunion, followed by Azoff's withdrawal completely.

There has been at least one track from "Guns N' Roses" (the album) handed into the "Rock Band" franchise for release with the next installment of their gaming series. The previous intention of a July release date and U.M.G's subsequent refusal is entirely right. The second installment of "new" Guns N' Roses is now expected to occur in November.

Edited by RodgerRamjet

There has been at least one track from "Guns N' Roses" (the album) handed into the "Rock Band" franchise for release with the next installment of their gaming series. The previous intention of a July release date and U.M.G's subsequent refusal is entirely right. The second installment of "new" Guns N' Roses is now expected to occur in November.

I am sorry but do you have any proof of this or even a rumor?

Because virtually no info has come out about RB3 aside from the fact it will have keyboard/ keytars in it. No rumored tracks or anything

Because virtually no info has come out about RB3 aside from the fact it will have keyboard/ keytars in it. No rumored tracks or anything

If it is true, November 23, 2010?

How do you know this stuff? Do you have inside information or are you just trying to make us all happy for nothing? Until I hear something form the band, I'll won't believe it. At least we know their writing for a new album that could possibly be released in 2011.

If it is true, November 23, 2010?

How do you know this stuff? Do you have inside information or are you just trying to make us all happy for nothing? Until I hear something form the band, I'll won't believe it. At least we know their writing for a new album that could possibly be released in 2011.

You have to right to don't believe but he's not lying.

A lot of claims made in regards to an imminent "new" album are founded, but let's not jump to conclusions so rapidly. The tour is still ongoing, we have regular updates and contact with Guns N' Roses, so let's enjoy it. It's aways interesting to speculate, but at this point claims and rumours are being escalated into something they aren't, there is an element of reason to believe a "new" album is inevitable, but let's not try and substantiate with shady points to an extent that could turn this healthy discussion into another "Madison" saga. I wouldn't want Axl to rip any so called "insiders" into shreds, because he easily could and would.

Edited by RodgerRamjet

A lot of claims made in regards to an imminent "new" album are founded, but let's not jump to conclusions so rapidly. The tour is still ongoing, we have regular updates and contact with Guns N' Roses, so let's enjoy it. It's aways interesting to speculate, but at this point claims and rumours are being escalated into something they aren't, there is an element of reason to believe a "new" album is inevitable, but let's not try and substantiate with shady points to an extent that could turn this healthy discussion into another "Madison" saga. I wouldn't want Axl to rip any so called "insiders" into shreds, because he easily could and would.

Well, until someone from the GN'R camp say's something, it's all up in the air.

Well "DJ" Ashba and Dizzy Reed have added fuel to the fire to an extent, but they were likely "high" more so than anything. I'll concede that we know more than we've known previously, but in terms of reality, we know very little. I'm just anticipating Axl blowing the claims collectively out of the water, until then we all must keep quite sceptical and realistic about the entire issue.

Edited by RodgerRamjet

Well "DJ" Ashba and Dizzy Reed have added fuel to the fire to an extent, but they were likely "high" more so than anything. I'll concede that we know more than we've known previously, but in terms of reality, we know very little. I'm just anticipating Axl blowing the claims collectively out of the water, until then we all must keep quite sceptical and realistic about the entire issue.

DJ and Dizzy we possibly telling the truth, but about a new album being written and possibly released in 2011. The rumors of a album being handed to UMG and can be released in November are possible as well. Do you rember when Axl was in New York and there was something about Axl recording and having "something to prove." Anything's possible unitl we hear from Axl himself.

Saying a new album is gonna be released this years is anyone's opnion. I choose to believe it, but you don't have to.

Saying a new album is gonna be released this years is anyone's opnion. I choose to believe it, but you don't have to.

But what's the point? We have an element of reason to believe a "new" album is on the way at some point, but to say this year could be mere wishful thinking. At the end of the day you can say "I think the second installment of this incarnation of Guns N' Roses will occur this year", and I can say "I don't think the second installment of this incarnation of Guns N' Roses will occur this year". What legitimizes the former as being any more valid than the latter?

I can easily see the RB3 rumor being true. Especially seeing as how the Gn'R camp has done things with them before.

Besides, no one believed the whole Shackler's situation either, even when there was a valid link with the track listing of the game.

Really? Because when it was announced Shackler was going to be in RB2 at E3 I don't remember people discounting it as not being true (might be my bad memory), it wasn't as if we saw a screen cap of RB2 and that was the first we heard that there was going to be a new Guns track in the game. At E3 we were told there was going to be a new track on the album, but we didn't know which one it would be.

But what's the point? We have an element of reason to believe a "new" album is on the way at some point, but to say this year could be mere wishful thinking. At the end of the day you can say "I think the second installment of this incarnation of Guns N' Roses will occur this year", and I can say "I don't think the second installment of this incarnation of Guns N' Roses will occur this year". What legitimizes the former as being any more valid than the latter?

Well, until Dexter/Axl comes on hear and rip's people apart, anything's possible.