Will we see a little tribute to Dio?

Binge_And_Slash

It would be a nice gesture towards one of the most important names in rock history.

I guess you just can't make a Dio thread without using the word "little" in some fashion.... :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

Edited by izzygirl

It would be a nice gesture towards one of the most important names in rock history.

I like Dio but he's not even close to being one of the most important names in rock history. Bumblefoot will most likely pay tribute but I doubt we'll hear Axl sing Heaven and Hell.

Edited by ITW 2012

I like Dio but he's not even close to being one of the most important names in rock history. Bumblefoot will most likely pay tribut but I doubt we'll hear Axl sing Heaven and Hell.

Considering bands that he actually influenced like Metallica didn't even play a full song, I can't see Axl setting aside time for a guitar tribute or anything. Dio was amazing but was about as far from Axl as you could possibly get.

Axl likes iron Maiden more than Dio's music, and he hates Iron Maiden.

Everyone knows Ronnie was one of the most melodic and powerful voices in the rock world, but many people do not like his music which most times borders on cheesy 80s metal with a forced modern edge (to make the young dudes like it). Ronnie himself didn't even really like metal music, but it was his only income.

I think his best time was in Rainbow (which was Ronnie's favorite rock style), so GnR doing Kill the King would rock, Axl's voice would suit it...but pigs don't fly.