In defense of Buckethead....

Kaneda

Guest gunns5

^your in the Buckethead thread buddy, you dont have to defend Ron, we all love him as well, its not a competition :rolleyes:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^your in the Buckethead thread buddy, you dont have to defend Ron, we all love him as well, its not a competition :rolleyes:

I just wanted to post the picture because I thought it was awesome. haha

How have the mods not moved this thread out of this section yet? ha

I just wanted to post the picture because I thought it was awesome. haha

How have the mods not moved this thread out of this section yet? ha

Probably because it's long overdue after years of people getting banned for showing respect for Bucket.

Soothsayer should be on the next Guitar Hero.

That is all.

its available as a download for GH3

i believe its in the virtuoso pack.

lol

i downloaded that song and tried to play it with the slash character

it gave me an "error - your guitarist is not good enough to play this song" message

:(

Guest gunns5

It was like having Hendrix in a band with Axl.

The difference is

Hendrix was years ahead of his time, Buckethead Is Lightyears ahead of his time.

the solos might change on some songs on Cd2 , but let it be known, the core of most , if not all the songs on Cd2 will be all Buckets

The difference is

Hendrix was years ahead of his time, Buckethead Is Lightyears ahead of his time.

the solos might change on some songs on Cd2 , but let it be known, the core of most , if not all the songs on Cd2 will be all Buckets

NEVER put Hendrix and Buckethead in the same sentence again, little kid. You're only making a fool of yourself.

The difference is

NEVER put Hendrix and Buckethead in the same sentence again, little kid. You're only making a fool of yourself.

You're the one making a fool of yourself, not gunns5.

Guest gunns5

The difference is

says the guy with mens chests and crotchs all over his sig/avatars :rolleyes:

Hendrix great, yeah no doubt, but he is not even in the same league as the Big B...

And?

Hardly anyone cares who did the solos on CD, why would they suddenly care for CD2?

The only person (most) people cared about on CD was Axl. Rightly or wrongly.

Jimi changed the way everyone played the guitar. There is no debate, it's a fact.

The reason Slash and Bucket ever existed in the way they do is because of that man.

Bucket may be the most removed from his style but make no mistake in the fact that bucket wouldn't exist without Hendrix.

Come back here in 30 years and tell me who is still talked about out of Bucket, Slash and Hendrix....

Bucket is supremely talented, there's no doubt, but he hasn't had an impact on a song like Hendrix and Slash have.

AND let's be honest for a minute, it's the quality of the SONGS that makes legends.

And?

Hardly anyone cares who did the solos on CD, why would they suddenly care for CD2?

The only person (most) people cared about on CD was Axl. Rightly or wrongly.

Jimi changed the way everyone played the guitar. There is no debate, it's a fact.

The reason Slash and Bucket ever existed in the way they do is because of that man.

Bucket may be the most removed from his style but make no mistake in the fact that bucket wouldn't exist without Hendrix.

Come back here in 30 years and tell me who is still talked about out of Bucket, Slash and Hendrix....

Bucket is supremely talented, there's no doubt, but he hasn't had an impact on a song like Hendrix and Slash have.

AND let's be honest for a minute, it's the quality of the SONGS that makes legends.

I know guitarists that can work the fretboard with three chords and make you wanna weep, laugh smile cry, dream fly Dance ect...twenty thousand notes in in song does not make the song better. Buckehead is a great guitarist and a true hired gun in this case for Axls experment in sound. Some of it really worked and some of it is just pure shit....you can tell an authentic song vs a contrived song from a mile away especially if your a muscian yourself. I hear Shacklers revenge and I think..Really? Really? That song would have worked for me if it wasn't GNR's logo on top of it because i would have considered the source.

personally I think that song is on CD for Bucketheads paycheck. You dont stand on retainer for 8 years with out the "money shot"

Edited by rockerman

The difference is

says the guy with mens chests and crotchs all over his sig/avatars :rolleyes:

Hendrix great, yeah no doubt, but he is not even in the same league as the Big B...

That's like saying the Wright brothers are inferior to NASA. The pioneers vs. the perfectionists.

What a ridiculous argument. Anyone who listens to music knows who Hendrix is and what he means to the music world. 'Big B' only has a cult following and the people who have heard of him, thanks to his involvement in GNR, that listen to mainstream music thinks he's a joke for the most part.

Someone nailed it on the head. 30 years from now people will still be listening to Hendrix and talking about him. 100 years from now even. BH will be a mere footnote as "the eccentric guitarist that briefly had a stint in GNR".

End of story. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to pass the pipe. Must be some good shit.

Are you Buckethead fanboys really saying that he's much better than Jimi Hendrix? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. He's one of the best guitarists of our time, but comparing him to Hendrix is like comparing Slash to Eddie Van Halen. A killswitch and whammy pedal effects will never be enough to make someone "ahead of his time". You don't have a fucking clue of what you're talking about. The "Bucket is better than Ron, he plays more styles n' all" is pure bullshit as well. You clearly don't know Ron's career, so please, don't talk about what you don't know. Even in Chi Dem... Buckethead's stuff untouchable? Please, gimme a break. Repeating several patterns and playing the same lick over and over won't make his stuff untouchable. In fact Robin's stuff was more creative, as he doesn't play the same notes and use a wah wah pedal to make it sound fresh and new. Ron isn't on the same league as Buckethead, he's on the same league as Guthrie Govan or, dare I say, Shawn Fucking Lane. Buckethead is far away from that. Someone mentioned the song Jordan by Buckethead. Really? A killswitch that was easily emulated by Ron even in 2006, when he had not a killswitch installed on his guitar? I'll mention Guitars Still Suck or Lost by Bumblefoot. When you realize how hard is to play those extremely fast licks, note for note, that he plays on Guitars Still Suck you won't ever say those things you mentioned. Or when you realize that even in the November Rain solo Bucket couldn't keep his guitar on the right tone and Ron doesn't go out of tune with his fretless guitar you might as well stop saying those ridiculous afirmations. When some of you try to play the polyrhythm riffs in Lost you'll see what I mean.

In fact I love Buckethead, but comparing him to Jimi Hendrix was ridiculous, an out of this world comparison. He'll never touch Hendrix - I'm not talking about technical skill, cool?

Are you Buckethead fanboys really saying that he's much better than Jimi Hendrix? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. He's one of the best guitarists of our time, but comparing him to Hendrix is like comparing Slash to Eddie Van Halen. A killswitch and whammy pedal effects will never be enough to make someone "ahead of his time". You don't have a fucking clue of what you're talking about. The "Bucket is better than Ron, he plays more styles n' all" is pure bullshit as well. You clearly don't know Ron's career, so please, don't talk about what you don't know. Even in Chi Dem... Buckethead's stuff untouchable? Please, gimme a break. Repeating several patterns and playing the same lick over and over won't make his stuff untouchable. In fact Robin's stuff was more creative, as he doesn't play the same notes and use a wah wah pedal to make it sound fresh and new. Ron isn't on the same league as Buckethead, he's on the same league as Guthrie Govan or, dare I say, Shawn Fucking Lane. Buckethead is far away from that. Someone mentioned the song Jordan by Buckethead. Really? A killswitch that was easily emulated by Ron even in 2006, when he had not a killswitch installed on his guitar? I'll mention Guitars Still Suck or Lost by Bumblefoot. When you realize how hard is to play those extremely fast licks, note for note, that he plays on Guitars Still Suck you won't ever say those things you mentioned. Or when you realize that even in the November Rain solo Bucket couldn't keep his guitar on the right tone and Ron doesn't go out of tune with his fretless guitar you might as well stop saying those ridiculous afirmations. When some of you try to play the polyrhythm riffs in Lost you'll see what I mean.

In fact I love Buckethead, but comparing him to Jimi Hendrix was ridiculous, an out of this world comparison. He'll never touch Hendrix - I'm not talking about technical skill, cool?

Good post.

I

As for the Hendrix comments, I have heard people say that he is in the same category as Hendrix, and I don't disagree. I think it would be foolish to not recognize Buckethead as a modern-day Jimi Hendrix. If you have seen Buckethead live, this shouldn't be surprising.

As for being better, that is just opinion.

Edited by Casual

People have been conditioned to believe that Hendrix is so much better than guys like Bucket, through popular culture. Unless one has studied the music of each artist in depth, and with an open mind, they have no leg to stand on with this argument.