What GNR really needs!!!

inthisriver

WTF is this shit? Bumblefoot, PJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, Robin Finck, Huge Tobias, and Buckethead...? How many guitarists played on Chinese Democracy?

The next album needs less guitars and more Pitman but from somebody more talented than Pitman.

Discuss in this thread the direction you would like to see GNR head on their next album. I don't care how wacky your ideas are BRING EM THE FUCK OUT!

Edited by tbizzle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind the amount of guitarists, but hey thats your opinion. I would love them to rerecord all of those unreleased songs that have been leaked over the years like Crash Diet, Bring it Back Home, and Cornshucker. So have half the album with those songs, then half new material. Just a thought.

I actually agree with the less guitarists. Seems so inconsistent sometimes. I love all of the songs (except maybe two), but it gets a bit too cluttered for my liking sometimes. Sometimes less is more. I thought the mix of styles would be mind-blowing, but it didn't work out like I was hoping it would. Still a great album with great songs, but I think it would've been even better if it was played with one set of musicians and not 7 guitarists, 4 keyboardists/pianists, 8 drummers, and a bassist.

I agree to an extent.

Sometimes there's a bit too much going on in a given song. Other times, the extra additions improved the song. Take the title track for example. The fretless rhythm guitar that Bumblefoot added in the verses helped carry the groove of the song a lot more. As a side note, just because five guitarists played on a song doesn't mean there's five guitars going on at once. They might have added one little fill here and there and thus got credit for playing on the track.

For the next album, I would totally agree with more straightforward guitars. Let's have Ron, DJ, and Richard show us what they're made of.

I like that there's three guitarists in the band. I hope the next album is recorded by the current band members. Because CD, in my opinion, suffered a bit from having 10+ players playing on it. CD sounds good, but a little too good. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, but it sometimes sounds a little too much cut and paste. It doesn't sound like a band-record, which it isn't, actually. like someone said, let's have ron, dj and fortus doing all the guitar work. from the scratch or re-recording some stuff. But let it be a band-record.

I would love them to rerecord all of those unreleased songs that have been leaked over the years like Crash Diet, Bring it Back Home, and Cornshucker. So have half the album with those songs, then half new material

Oh! Did i miss something??? :(

if someone has got these songs, could you please, send them to me?

My e-mail: kamch1@rambler.ru

plz plz plzzzzzzzz

That's actually one thing I don't agree with... if Guns do reunite, I want a Skin N' Bones style show from the end of Use Your Illusion Tour with Slash, Izzy and Gilby all playing.

They need one bass,two guitars,one singer and one drummer. Fuck the keyboards and go back to the roots of the GNR name. Atleast, that's what I'd like to see. I'd love to see a brand new hard/classic rock album. Half of it aggressive, half of it done like Estranged/Breakdown.

But that's just me.

What Gn'R need is exactly what they have now! :)

What she said.

End of thread :thumbsup:

Thirded, there have been three guitarists on pretty much all GNR studio recordings, they're absolutely fine as a live band. Leave it as it is, stop trying to second guess or tweak the line up. What we've got is amazing.

Guest Nasty Nate

Bring back Slash.

I disagree. Slash is dead to me. He's a joke.

I disagree with your disagreement.

I agree that you disagree.

I agree that you disagree in our disagreement.