Guns N' Roses: New Band, Same Shitty Attitude

ITW 2012

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of "The Most Dangerous Band In the World" slogan. It's time to drop that catch phrase. I think they should replace it with "New Band, Same Shitty Attitude." Sell Axl as the kind of guy who shows up to work late and tells his boss to fuck off. Axl's unpolitical correctness could be one of his greatest strengths if marketed correctly. People love a good antihero and Axl's more than capable of playing that role.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of "The Most Dangerous Band In the World" slogan.

I don't think anyone thinks of this lineup as "The Most Dangerous Band In The World". They haven't been that since 1993.

Sell Axl as the kind of guy who shows up to work late and tells his boss to fuck off.

That could make a great skit.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of "The Most Dangerous Band In the World" slogan.It's time to drop that catch phrase.

Agreed

I think they should replace it with "New Band, Same Shitty Attitude." Sell Axl as the kind of guy who shows up to work late and tells his boss to fuck off. Axl's unpolitical correctness could be one of his greatest strengths if marketed correctly. People love a good antihero and Axl's more than capable of playing that role.

Fucking bollocks

Guest gunns5

Sell Axl as the kind of guy who shows up to work late and tells his boss to fuck off. Axl's unpolitical correctness could be one of his greatest strengths if marketed correctly. People love a good antihero and Axl's more than capable of playing that role.

Axl_web.jpg

yep, antihero would be a good selling point :thumbsup::confused:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of "The Most Dangerous Band In the World" slogan. It's time to drop that catch phrase. I think they should replace it with "New Band, Same Shitty Attitude." Sell Axl as the kind of guy who shows up to work late and tells his boss to fuck off. Axl's unpolitical correctness could be one of his greatest strengths if marketed correctly. People love a good antihero and Axl's more than capable of playing that role.

I have to say, that's actually a fantastic idea. That is certainly something that could be played around with, and have appeal, especially to the younger crowd.

The problem is that new GNR has never been promoted, nor do they try to promote themselves. Really, all they would have to do is be themselves, and with some good promotion, they would appeal to the crowd, big time. But yeah, there are all sorts of great promotion angles that could be used, and this is a good one.