Ashba has embarrassed himself

spunko12345

DJ is definitely better than Slash. I've seen both live and DJ has much presence and charisma nowadays... plus better guitar skills of course but that's a given.

..that's a joke right?

Nah. Slash was a great soloist/writer in his prime but he's been uninspired for 20 years now. DJ has much more going for him as a guitarist and performer nowadays.

Plus DJ is so much more than just a guitar player, he's a song writer as well, he's in other bands etc. He's got a lot going on.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ is definitely better than Slash. I've seen both live and DJ has much presence and charisma nowadays... plus better guitar skills of course but that's a given.

..that's a joke right?

Nah. Slash was a great soloist/writer in his prime but he's been uninspired for 20 years now. DJ has much more going for him as a guitarist and performer nowadays.

+1!

Sorry, but all those posters dissing DJ Ashba in this thread seem to me like a bunch of miserably jealous bastards, if you'll excuse my language. Just like those jokes of music journalists denying the evident fact that GNR are still a great band that easily pleases the audience.

Now, DJ Ashba is

- goodlooking,

- self-confident,

- good-natured and likeable,

- magnificently charming,

- a very good guitar player,

- a brilliant showman

and on top of it all he has the luck to have become an integral part of the current GNR line-up, touring the world and quite possibly getting any woman he wants - a perfect person to show you everything you haven't got. I'm sorry for you, guys. But whatever you post here says little about DJ Ashba, yet very much about yourselves. May his good luck come upon you, too.

Thank you for this post! I couldn't agree with you more.

DJ is all the things you listed.

..that's a joke right?

Why would it be? I like Slash, have nothing against him, but DJ is just better imo.

Dj notes are all over the place. He does try though.

Edited by star

Sorry, but all those posters dissing DJ Ashba in this thread seem to me like a bunch of miserably jealous bastards, if you'll excuse my language. Just like those jokes of music journalists denying the evident fact that GNR are still a great band that easily pleases the audience.

Now, DJ Ashba is

- goodlooking,

- self-confident,

- a brilliant showman

and on top of it all he has the luck to have become an integral part of the current GNR line-up, touring the world and quite possibly getting any woman he wants - a perfect person to show you everything you haven't got. I'm sorry for you, guys. But whatever you post here says little about DJ Ashba, yet very much about yourselves. May his good luck come upon you, too.

Thank you for this post! I couldn't agree with you more.

DJ is all the things you listed.

..that's a joke right?

Why would it be? I like Slash, have nothing against him, but DJ is just better imo.

Dj notes are all over the place. He does try though.

I havn't seen that. I on the hand have seen Slash being so drunk he couldn't play the intro to WTJ

Of course the Slash fans are in here moaning about DJ :rolleyes: Since when are piercings gay? If I'm not mistakes Slash has a belly botton piercing!

Mwahahaha. :rofl-lol: Not to mention that Axl had/has a nipple piercing since the early 80's.

Exactly. It's really not that uncommon among rockstars ;) and I have a lip ring myself so I kinda took offense to that emo remark.

i can see you dont know DJ ... do you think he was born yesterday??? :rofl-lol:

has his own style since ever ... for all of you ..

THE BAND OCD

Beautiful Creatures

Sixx:A.M. - Pray for Me

Sixx AM-Life is Beautiful

Good post :)

Of course the Slash fans are in here moaning about DJ :rolleyes: Since when are piercings gay? If I'm not mistakes Slash has a belly botton piercing! You really wanna get into this?!

And about looking like Slash, what? DJ had his style and hat before he even got in GnR.

DJ stood up for Axl, he did the right thing imo. And how do you know the promoter didn't have a grudge against them? He can't be lying? But you're so quick to think that DJ and Axl are lying? Give me a break. DJ has nothing to be embaressed about, he's a great guitarist and a really cool person who truly cares about the fans.

Maybe it's just me, but everyone I've known with a piercing like his have been an over emotional emo chick. That, and DJ looks like he would be covered in a very fine mucus layer.

Take a joke people

So you're judging him based on a piercing? That's mature and openminded.

I only like funny jokes

I'm judging his appearance by his piercing, and his tats, and his hair...Which is generally what you judge someones appearance on.

As a guitarist, imo he's meh. I wouldn't know as a person.

He still reminds me of an earthworm

You just mad cuz he plays in Guns N' Roses AND he is better than Slash.

DREAM ON MUTHAFUCKER DONT MAKE ME LAUGH LMGDFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No matter how u butter up nugnr it will NEVER be the same as old gnr with slash and duff and izzy.Im not saying nugnr is bad cuz i actually love CD but to say Ashba is better than Slash u gotta be tonedeaf mate.He cant play Slashs solos well or even Robins hes a fucking overated poser who cares more about wot he looks like than his actual guitar playing.The guy NEEDS lessons.He aint got 1% of the feel in his playing that Slash has thats my opinion and u know im right :)

Of course the Slash fans are in here moaning about DJ rolleyes.gif Since when are piercings gay? If I'm not mistakes Slash has a belly botton piercing! You really wanna get into this?!

And about looking like Slash, what? DJ had his style and hat before he even got in GnR.

DJ stood up for Axl, he did the right thing imo. And how do you know the promoter didn't have a grudge against them? He can't be lying? But you're so quick to think that DJ and Axl are lying? Give me a break. DJ has nothing to be embaressed about, he's a great guitarist and a really cool person who truly cares about the fans.

Maybe it's just me, but everyone I've known with a piercing like his have been an over emotional emo chick. That, and DJ looks like he would be covered in a very fine mucus layer.

Take a joke people

I only like funny jokes

I'm judging his appearance by his piercing, and his tats, and his hair...Which is generally what you judge someones appearance on.

DREAM ON MUTHAFUCKER DONT MAKE ME LAUGH LMGDFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No matter how u butter up nugnr it will NEVER be the same as old gnr with slash and duff and izzy.Im not saying nugnr is bad cuz i actually love CD but to say Ashba is better than Slash u gotta be tonedeaf mate.He cant play Slashs solos well or even Robins hes a fucking overated poser who cares more about wot he looks like than his actual guitar playing.The guy NEEDS lessons.He aint got 1% of the feel in his playing that Slash has thats my opinion and u know im right smile.gif

Dude forget your OMGZ SLA$H RULZ attitude and listen to the music. The new band sounds 10 times better than old guns. You know what? i'll throw this at you: OLD GN'R SOUNDED LIKE SHIT LIVE.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Slash has been playing the same old pentonics scales all these years LOLLLLLLrofl-lol.gif

:xmasssanta: You're both retards!

Come on, as guitar players and appreciaters, it's beyond me that you have to burry one guitarist in favour of another. All the guitarists that GNR had/has were/are fucking GREAT. Slash rules and is of course the best that GNR ever had, DJ rules and is a better showman than Slash, Finck rules and helped making awesome solos on CD, Buckethead is a monster, come on stop this meaningless war, GNR is the BEST band ever in terms of guitarists, no other bands has had as many talented guitarists.

End of.

Of course the Slash fans are in here moaning about DJ rolleyes.gif Since when are piercings gay? If I'm not mistakes Slash has a belly botton piercing! You really wanna get into this?!

Take a joke people

I only like funny jokes

DREAM ON MUTHAFUCKER DONT MAKE ME LAUGH LMGDFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No matter how u butter up nugnr it will NEVER be the same as old gnr with slash and duff and izzy.Im not saying nugnr is bad cuz i actually love CD but to say Ashba is better than Slash u gotta be tonedeaf mate.He cant play Slashs solos well or even Robins hes a fucking overated poser who cares more about wot he looks like than his actual guitar playing.The guy NEEDS lessons.He aint got 1% of the feel in his playing that Slash has thats my opinion and u know im right smile.gif

Dude forget your OMGZ SLA$H RULZ attitude and listen to the music. The new band sounds 10 times better than old guns. You know what? i'll throw this at you: OLD GN'R SOUNDED LIKE SHIT LIVE.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Slash has been playing the same old pentonics scales all these years LOLLLLLLrofl-lol.gif

:xmasssanta: You're both retards!

Come on, as guitar players and appreciaters, it's beyond me that you have to burry one guitarist in favour of another. All the guitarists that GNR had/has were/are fucking GREAT. Slash rules and is of course the best that GNR ever had, DJ rules and is a better showman than Slash, Finck rules and helped making awesome solos on CD, Buckethead is a monster, come on stop this meaningless war, GNR is the BEST band ever in terms of guitarists, no other bands has had as many talented guitarists.

End of.

Amen :thumbsup:

I would have agreed one or two years back when Slash was, to me, but the shadow of his former self.

Slash's recent performances are, however, very good.

DJ is a good guitarist, has a good feel, very nice tone, but I don't think he has as much instinct and taste as Slash.

Some of his own stuff is really good though ( I really like the Beautiful Creatures album, it rocks harder than most bands I've heard in the last ten years and I really like the spirit of that album ), but I have yet to hear something as memorable as Slash's material in GnR and the best Snakepit songs.

Until he writes anything with Axl, it's impossible to really judge him. As of now, he does a great job in the band...but if he doesn't write anything, I don't see the point...

Now, DJ Ashba is

- goodlooking,

- self-confident,

- a brilliant showman

List above is definitely the things that should contribute to being a good guitarist. Maybe if he got a few more tattoos and learned how to play more of Slash's parts he could be the best guitarist in the world? Did I already mention he's so good looking and can play Slash's guitar parts more cleanly than Slash did in '92 while being addicted to heroin and alcohol?

DJTM (remember DJ is a trademark) > Slash.