Guns N' Roses in Belfast - August 31st 2010

ags_rule

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Belfast Telegraph review, what a load of fucking shite! I'm sick of all these fucking cliches like"Axl is fat", "Axl can't sing", blah blah blah. The crowd loved every fucking minute of that gig, even some of the Chinese Democracy stuff (particularly 'Better' and 'This I Love') went down like old favourites.

I'm gonna be writing a review for The Gown (Belfast student newspaper), and rest assured, it won't be full of all the bullshit, pathetically whorish journalism as espoused in that Belfast Telegraph review.

the concert was fucking brilliant and i loved every minute it. i wished i could see them again. i agree the belfast telegraph review is fucking crap. i look foward to reading your review in the gown, i always enjoy reading that paper.

Best concert ever. Was right at the front and got tonnes of interaction from the guitar players. Ron saw me signalling my approval his beard and he threw me a pick. Managed to stir Tommy back onto his feet and into a fit of passionate energy during ashba's solo and fortus was just a tornado of energy throughout the whole show. Ashba truly was great to watch and Axl was faultless. I felt that the gig really did humanise the band as well. For the first time I was watching real people and not just a bunch of names connected with the music I like. When axl stood a few feet in front of me I wasn't struck by awe nor was I mystified by his 'legend' instead I felt true appreciation towards the man that has given us so much pleasure. You've got to give that guy some god damn respect for putting up with all the shit from media and us alike just so he can do what he does best. The highlight for me was seeing axl enjoy himself as much as he did. If anyone wants to bitch about the setlist you can quite simply fuck off. Cause until you are actually there experiencing the show you've no idea how enjoyable EVERY, and I mean EVERY song is in that show. No bootleg or pro shot footage can replicate the experience.

The review of the telegrah is so silly. First the journalist bashes Axl, but then he says he is waiting for a reunion. Another journalist who bashes new gn'r just because Slash isn't in it... Not a respetable journalist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading fan reviews, I see it was a great show rock4

Edited by Anahzul

The review of the telegrah is so silly. First the journalist bashes Axl, but then he says he is waiting for a reunion. Another journalist who bashes new gn'r just because Slash isn't in it... Not a respetable journalist.

We know this journalist is full of shit, but if you need more proof all you gotta do is listen to This I love clip where the crowd gave it a great ovation.

We know this journalist is full of shit, but if you need more proof all you gotta do is listen to This I love clip where the crowd gave it a great ovation.

The ovation was only ok as was the shouty performance.

I dunno if I'm expecting too much from Axl these days but 2006 was SO much better that these performances are a bit disappointing to me. I'll still watch the pro-shot shit on Friday, but I don't think I'm going to the UK shows based on what I've heard.

I dunno if I'm expecting too much from Axl these days but 2006 was SO much better that these performances are a bit disappointing to me. I'll still watch the pro-shot shit on Friday, but I don't think I'm going to the UK shows based on what I've heard.

Shouty performance? He just nailed the albums notes flawlessly...ehwah?

Full Rocket Queen

Shouty performance? He just nailed the albums notes flawlessly...ehwah?

Full Rocket Queen

Lol i understand the shouty quote thing.....a couple of times i actually winced at Axls voice, however the majority of the time he nailed it, best performance ever i have seen, was phenonemonal. I can't get over how much of a great gig that was, or that they played Belfast. The ending itself was nothing short of spectacular! Only thing annoyed me was that there was a lot in the crowd that didn't know any of the CD songs or even the band members which was frustrating, but i tell ya what if they paid £50 to just hear scom or paradise city etc, then fair play to them. The telegraph article was annoying but they have never been known for their love of rock n roll now have they.......anyways what an awesome gig, i ache all over, and want to go to another gig now lol.

Axl's voice sounds terrific. This is the strongest he has sounded on the CD songs....escpecially TIL. He also seems to have taken away the backing vocal tracks finally. I wonder if he is now more comfortable than he was before. I feel he must have been getting vocal coaching to improve himself live. Haven't seen any footage of sorry...has he recently taken away the backing vocal track to this song as well?

best. night. of. my. life.

i was right at the front. i couldn't believe it when axl was literally 2 metres away from me. the show blew my mind and far exceeded any expectations i had. i doubt any show could top it. an amazing performance. only thing i would say is that sometimes i felt axl's microphone was quite low so you couldn't really hear him at times, but apart from that flawless. i'm still buzzing from it :-D

aw i wish i could relive it again and again. i started queueing around half 3, and even though i was dying for the toilet when they came on, there was no way i was leaving. i was so grateful when they were handing out water at the front as well. lol. i was dehydrated when i got out of it. but i wouldn't change anything. words cannot describe how happy i am that it was such a good show and that we got axl on a good night. he is unrivalled as the best frontman of all time imo.

i keep looking at my photos and still can't get over how close i was to him. awesome. :-D

some vids some are incomplete:

sorry:

few songs mixed compilation:

more clips together:

Knockin' On Heaven's Door:

Street Of Dreams:

You Could Be Mine:

DJ solo:

November Rain:

Madagascar:

Ashba taking walk into crowd:

PC: partial: