Would you still be a GNR fan if....

LaRocker

...if all they're past lineups and albums were gone, they would start with the lineup that recorded CD, after CD release, the touring would begin. Would you like this band?

Edit: The band would climb they're way up with CD just like they did with AFD, afterwards they would air "Better" as they're first music video(replacing the Jungle), followed by the "This I Love" music video(replacing SCOM). Axl wouldnt be anti-media in that time.

Edited by LaRocker

that's not a lineup that's an army lol, the lineup would be the current one, Axl, Bumble,Fortus,Frank,Tommy,Dizzy,Pitman and DJ(well he didnt record, but let's add him to keep the 3 guitar set), if not DJ name your 3rd ex guitar player from the ones that participated in CD.

Who knows really, its pretty unanswerable. i mean would any of us have even heard of CD, or took any notice/interest of it, if it wasnt for the old band and its major popularity. i love CD, but probably wouldnt have been introduced to it, if it werent for the past eras.

No.

I would have checked out CD, because I'm always on the look out for something new; But if CD was their debut album, I wouldn't have bought the follow up.

The only reason, I'm still a fan is because I know what Axl is capabale of. I like every album he has put out (I like even like Oh my God and SI), I just don't like CD.

Seems if that's the case you're a not fan or some shit. I think that's a sorry way of looking at things.

I'm a big U2 fan, and I hate Joshua Tree with a passion; When I first start getting into U2, I bought their albums in order....what if I stop with Joshua Tree? I would have missed out on the greatness that is Achtung Baby, Zoorapa, etc.

My point is... you can be a huge fan of a band, and dislike one of their albums.

Edited by SunnyDRE

No.

I would have checked out CD, because I'm always on the look out for something new; But if CD was their debut album, I wouldn't have bought the follow up.

The only reason, I'm still a fan is because I know what Axl is capabale of. I like every album he has put out (I like even like Oh my God and SI), I just don't like CD.

Seems if that's the case you're a not fan or some shit. I think that's a sorry way of looking at things.

I'm a big U2 fan, and I hate Joshua Tree with a passion; When I first start getting into U2, I bought their albums in order....what if I stop with Joshua Tree? I would have missed out on the greatness that is Achtung Baby, Zoorapa, etc.

My point is... you can be a huge fan of a band, and dislike one of their albums.

yes indeed, I think the overall quality of CD is good, but doesnt fit the legacy of Guns N' Roses, let's hope for better things in the future

Yes.

NuGnR is the reason I got interested in GnR in the first place : because Axl hired musicians that I loved to play the classic songs in a twisted way.

I've always loved alternative music so without Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Brain and Robin, I would have never paid attention to this band.

I was a Slash's Snakepit fan before ( because one of my friends lended me 5 o' clock somewhere right after it's release when I was eleven years old ) but back then I didn't like Axl's voice.

I always thought classic GnR sounded really cliché and Axl embodied everything that was wrong with that era ( late eighties to early nineties ).

I also hated the idea of a NuGnR at first. To me he was just breaking my favourite bands ( NIN, Primus ) and hired those incredible guys to place his shitty conver songs...

Then in 2006 Bumble is hired. I'm like WTF ? Since he's my favourite musician of all time I had to check GnR out. And the TWAT leak made me change my mind on GnR. Loved it immediately.

Then I watched the RAR concert, the RIR 3 concert, the KROQ concert and decided to buy the GnR discography. Loved the songs...but the truth is that I love Chinese Democracy WAY MORE.

It's a different band clearly, and I wouldn't have called it Guns n' Roses because it sounds like the experimental follow-up to the UYI cd's with crazy shredding on top of it.

But I really love that, to find this kind of guitar work and ideas in a mainstream rock record. Very unusual.

So yeah, I would have been a fan if it were a debut album. I actually would have prefered it this way because I wouldn't have to justify my tastes each and every time...

Yes, I like Bumble and Bucket's playing way more than Slash's and I like Chinese Democracy way more than AFD. Why ? Because despite the name they are totally different bands and you can prefer King Crimson to the Beatles without being a retard.

I don't care who's in the band unless Axl's in it, that's just me.

If they released Chinese Democracy in 2001 and toured with it (starting if of with Rio), than it would make sense ro start over with the band Axl had then with Buckethead and everyone, but not really now. Even considering that the 2001 band was probably Axl's version of the Chinese Democracy band, he would have started over with them.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

I became a GNR fan with Chinese Democracy. I loved this album. Then I got intrigued by the band and listened to the other albums and found them all awesome (even if I think CD is the tightest in terms of orchestration, some parts are completely on top of the rock music); then I saw what the old band looked like live and loved every second of it (especially Slash solos, Izzy as the "man in the dark", Duff with his candid face, Steven as the beast, and Axl's rants), and the new band is something new and I love it as well.

GNR are several bands at the same time and I'm a big fan of almost each line up, and that's all thanks to one man, so I guess that's what hooked me overall: Axl, his charism, what he's made of, his speeches, and his voice & talent. No matter what he'd done, I think that sooner or later I would have heard of him and loved his work.

Like some people in this thread, I became a fan of GNR with Chinese Democracy. The wait for this album, the leaks, and the drama leading to the release is what first got me into this band. Then I listened to AFD and the UYIs in their entirety and it definitely became my favorite band, however I'm more of a fan of the CD era than the AFD-UYI era...

So the answer is yes...

Edited by RocketKing99

...if all they're past lineups and albums were gone, they would start with the lineup that recorded CD, after CD release, the touring would begin. Would you like this band?

Edit: The band would climb they're way up with CD just like they did with AFD, afterwards they would air "Better" as they're first music video(replacing the Jungle), followed by the "This I Love" music video(replacing SCOM). Axl wouldnt be anti-media in that time.

Of course.

I'm sure many people would give CD a listen and find they like it or even more.

With the name GNR being associated with older acts u have people with biased views and they dont even give CD a chance. ( i think that is blantantly obvious)

But i mean i wouldnt want that. I'll take dealing with sour ass old gnr fans on a message board and no name bands saying "Axel is stupid" over Axl tossing out the name and everything it means to him, me, and fellow new GNR fans.

I'd like them if they were just fucking normal, toured regularly, released an album more than once in 15 years and kept 5 guys together. It's like 2000-now has been one question mark after another. I'll tell you this, if this were their first release, they'd be one hit wonders and fall off the face of the earth. Axl still, to this day, is riding on his laurels from Appetite and UYI. Nobody, I mean nobody, would put up with Axl's shit if he didn't do what he did 20 years ago and that includes everyone on this forum.

I'd like them if they were just fucking normal, toured regularly, released an album more than once in 15 years and kept 5 guys together. It's like 2000-now has been one question mark after another. I'll tell you this, if this were their first release, they'd be one hit wonders and fall off the face of the earth. Axl still, to this day, is riding on his laurels from Appetite and UYI. Nobody, I mean nobody, would put up with Axl's shit if he didn't do what he did 20 years ago and that includes everyone on this forum.

Honest question?

What one hit? The only two potential hits I see on the album are Shackler's and Better; but even for those to be hits, I think they would have to be seriously re-worked.