Guns N'Roses in Rome - September 4th 2010

Twinaleblood

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes earlier than Dublin. Difference is Rome is ready to rock.

God I get more ashamed by the day.

Dublin was also ready to rock u misinformed asshole...we dont let people get away with fuckin around with us thats all..Axl met his match..the reason 06 went well is he came on stage on time

Some Irish and English have a bit of a reputation when it comes to events, drinking, and misbehaving (World & European soccer championship in the nineties & early 2000 anybody? Drunk terrorization of South Europe in the summer season anybody?). You call it 'don't letting people get away with shit and standing up for yourself', other people call it 'being out of line'. You don't throw objects at people just because they show up late.

Dublin was also ready to rock u misinformed asshole...we dont let people get away with fuckin around with us thats all..Axl met his match..the reason 06 went well is he came on stage on time

Some Irish and English have a bit of a reputation when it comes to events, drinking, and misbehaving (World & European soccer championship in the nineties & early 2000 anybody? Drunk terrorization of South Europe in the summer season anybody?). You call it 'don't letting people get away with shit and standing up for yourself', other people call it 'being out of line'. You don't throw objects at people just because they show up late.

You know ..its not right , its not pretty but its a rock concert that the kind of stuff that you realise that can happen.What you think a crowd that waits hours for a concert to start does when feels the need to complain ?guess thats the only way they think they have ...tough for me would be smarter to just forget about it and try to enjoy the concert they payed for .

Axl is doing this for years now he shouldnt be surprised ...of course he doesnt have to accept it , but maybe to prevent this kind of stuff would just be better to try to start on time .Dont get me wrong because i dont care for him getting late or not (afterall i think that happens in many concerts he isnt the only one ) but would be nice so this kind of problem dont happen. Tough people throw bottles in concerts even if not "provocated" people just think is a rock concert lets be wild :rolleyes: wich many times means do what the hell we want withouth being carefull with others

Irish Crowds NEVER had any Soccer Problems - If you can find any (even with the Internet at your fingertips - please let me know)......... Otherwise Keep quiet as you don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about!!!

Axl met his match??!! Uh, no. More like you guys met your match cuz when you tried to fuck around w/ Axl he didn't stand for your bullshit.

Axl met his match??!! Uh, no. More like you guys met your match cuz when you tried to fuck around w/ Axl he didn't stand for your bullshit.

No, he didn't meet his match. He met a bunch of fucking crybabies n' assholes.

Well speaking as someone who was there, there was no crowd meeting their match or Axl meeting his.

What happened was a combination of crowd hostility stemming from late start, little communication from the stage,

very hot venue, alcohol and the angry mentality people can get in to when large groups get together.

Combine that with angry singer (you can clearly see that he was angry in videos of chinese democracy)

who walks off the stage after four songs, concerns amongst the audience about

public transport, boredom and frustration from waiting around, fans feeling aggrieved at the price of the tickets etc., possibly some

fans feeling disinhibited about throwing things because the venue was dark (lights were out) and on drunk/drugs, you can clearly see that

it wasn't exactly a recipe for success.

I would guess that neither Axl or the crowd planned for any of that to happen. I am pretty sure that when Axl woke

up on the 1st September he wasn't thinking 'I'm going to show that audience who's boss'. However I believe (as do many who were there)

that if he went on on time he would have cut all these problems off before they became issues.

It's like stopping an avalanche. If Axl had gone on on time the snowball would never have started. Once the snowballs starts, it is

much more difficult to control.

And can we please stop bashing people who went to Dublin and complained about what happened? Everyone has a right to express

themselves without being attacked. We're all on the same side. We all want the band to do well, have a successful tour, release new music.

Just because you are unhappy with aspects of Axl's behaviour such as his going on late, doens't mean that you are unhappy with the man as

a whole.

Edited by axl666

:wub: This I Love

GREAT performance. Notice Dj getting even with Axl by pulling his 'plug' (4:55min). :rofl-lol:

Not sure what you mean by pulling his plug. DJ points at something in the crowd, probably a cool sign or a bird with her currant buns out and without looking back Axl grins in acknowledgement. Then DJ pats Axl on the back as they both look over and then when Axl sings 'I'll never say goodbye' DJ thumps his chest and points back over. Cool moment.

Axl is a crybaby and an asshole so I guess he did meet his match.

:wub: This I Love

GREAT performance. Notice Dj getting even with Axl by pulling his 'plug' (4:55min). :rofl-lol:

Not sure what you mean by pulling his plug. DJ points at something in the crowd, probably a cool sign or a bird with her currant buns out and without looking back Axl grins in acknowledgement. Then DJ pats Axl on the back as they both look over and then when Axl sings 'I'll never say goodbye' DJ thumps his chest and points back over. Cool moment.

2 or 3 shows back Axl was joking and faked (or perhaps even did at the end of the song) as if he would Dj's in/output plug from his guitar at the end of TIL. I believe in the above clip Dj turned the joke around. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Seems like the Italians know how to ROCK!!:

Paradise city with crazy mosh pit going-

What a fucking crowd!! What a performance!!

Holy Shit......that was awesome. gave me the chills.............they gotta hits the states!!!!!!!!!!!

Two days later and it still fuckin badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I was at this gig too!

I couldn't make the Dublin show this year (blessing in disguise? :confused: ) so built a holiday in Rome around the concert!

First of all the Italian people were amazing! The atmosphere was magic and everyone was dancing and singing along it was fantastic! No negativity what so ever, everyone was having a great time.

I definitely think this reflected on the bands performance. The chemistry between the band members was great to watch they looked like a proper band. I saw them in '06 and they was a big change (for the better).

Axl seemed to be in great spirits laughing and joking around with the other members. At one stage someone threw a baseball cap on stage while Axl was singing. While Axl was singing Tommy ran behind him and picked up the hat and put it on his head without Axl realising. When Axl had finished the verse he turned back to pick up the hat but was confused to find the hat was gone. He looked around and saw it on Tommy, they pointed at it and they both starting laughing. Things like that happened throughout the show this was just one example and it was really cool to see this time around. There was a lot of joking around!

Another funny incident was someone threw a bra on stage and Axl played around with it, had it on his mic stand, threw it on Tommy's head etc and remarked that it was cool and 'would match the thong he had on'

One of the coolest parts of the show was at the end. After they had came out and bowed Axl came up to the microphone (because the crowd were still going crazy) and remarked that the crowd was great and he'd love to come back again (not in those exact words but that was the jist). When he walked away he did the peace sign to us all and I honestly think every single person did the peace sign back at him and was screaming even loader which made him smile. I though that was so cool :xmasssanta:

This was the best gig I have ever been to. Another thing I really enjoyed was the guitar solos. I found them really boring in '06 but this tour is miles better.

I thought Axl's voice was amazing too!

To all the Italians, thank you for being so nice, friendly and good fun! I can't wait to come back again :thumbsup:

Good music to be heard!!!!

Dublin fans have behaved very badly, Axl has done well to leave the stage. I would not even sang three song, out!!!!!!

Even animals behave the way..... :fuckyou:

in Rome we were so anxious to see Axl that there is even imported the small delay.

You know that the show may start late, for any reason, then you can't angry!!!!!

when Axl started singing Chinese Democracy, we were all delighted, that we have forgotten the delay, the important thing was to listen to Axl and his fantastic music.

why ruin a moment so beautiful with some bullshit?

• 3 months later...

Seems like the Italians know how to ROCK!!:

Paradise city with crazy mosh pit going-

What a fucking crowd!! What a performance!!

Holy Shit......that was awesome. gave me the chills.............they gotta hits the states!!!!!!!!!!!

Two days later and it still fuckin badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw.....this is still badass