Is Don't Cry a power ballad

Wreckless_Life

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you guys consider Don't Cry to be a power ballad? I usually associate power ballads with bands like Bon Jovi and Poison.

This songs sounds different, it has more soul than a typical power ballad. I say no. But on the other hand it does have all the power ballad ingredients - a quiet start that builds up to a soaring guitar solo and then with loud singing.

No, definately not a power ballad. I never really considered it a ballad actually... I'd never thought about it. I always think of ballads to have piano or something, but I guess it could be considered one.

Yeah, any ballad by a rock band with an electric guitar solo usually means it's a power ballad. Mariah Carey covering "Bringing On The Heartbreak", as lame as it is, qualifies as a power ballad, so does Journey's "Open Arms". Brian Adams Robin Hood song is a power ballad. Half of Foreigner's songs. Everything Heart did in the 80s. Even Ozzy sang a power ballad or two. Sister Christian by Night Ranger, best shown off on Boogie Nights.

Most of it migrated to country in the 90s.

To me, The Who's "Love Reigh O'er Me" is the best one and second the Scorps Still Loving You, and Skid Row's I Remember You, and I guess Open Arms and Don't Cry round that out.

The most over the top? This one. There's no debate. There's a few DJs that make fun of this one to this day.