Guns N' Roses @ Zürich, Sep 8th

Spirit

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn what a great setlist!! I'm glad This I Love has become a habit hehe... Shackler's Revenge and patience!!! Lucky bastards, I hope they do those songs too in Paris... those or don't cry & scraped, whatever! Can't wait for monday!!!

- Ron & Richard Acoustic Jam

I don't care that you don't care or you consider them hired guns and this band a joke or whatever, WHOSE DICK DO I HAVE TO SUCK TO SEE THIS ??? :shocked:

I remember back in 2006 when both Robin and Richard looked like they hated Ron, avoiding interaction with him at all costs, and now they do that duet. So glad :)

Sounds like a great concert ! So pumped for the Paris gig !

A bit of a spice up to the setlist, cool! Sad to see Maddy go, Axl just kills it on that song every time, also would love to see Better make a comeback, keep Patience, TIL and Shacklers in there, as well as Maddy and Better and that would be a truly incredible show!

Sounds like a good time for the Zurich!

A bit of a spice up to the setlist, cool! Sad to see Maddy go, Axl just kills it on that song every time, also would love to see Better make a comeback, keep Patience, TIL and Shacklers in there, as well as Maddy and Better and that would be a truly incredible show!

Better is in there. just not in the encore.

Better is in there. just not in the encore.

Ah I just noticed, I skimmed it quick and must have missed it, thanks for the correction!

In that case it's even better! Bring back Maddy! Triple Encore ;) Maddy, Patience, PC

seems like an amazing show.

Yeah wow, amazing...a couple songs from CD, a bunch of 20 year old songs and 3 or 4 solos.

And your here because... I can't imagine going to a stones forum and posting "wow a bunch of 30+plus year old songs and two new ones Yay"

Yeah wow, amazing...a couple songs from CD, a bunch of 20 year old songs and 3 or 4 solos.

What do you want, the second coming???

I think this thread illustrates a very important point: there are certain members of this board and the "fan community" who are only happy when attacking the band. When there's controversy - Reading, or Dublin - they circle and squawk like vultures, and the threads balloon to 50+ page flame wars.

But when you get a solid show with a solid setlist, bringing back a couple of tunes people had been wanting to hear, there's nothing. No positive side, because they have nothing positive to say. They're not fans, just shit-disturbers.

Hope everyone at tonight's gig had a great time. The setlist looks sweet. Even with those 20 year old songs (I mean, come on, right? Why keep an old song like Paradise City in the mix??? /sarcasm)

YAY Shackler's Revenge and Better!!! To me, the Chinese Democracy songs really make or break the setlist. As much as I love Madagascar and Street of Dreams I think it slows down the setlist to play those two every night, not mention we have been hearing them since 2002. Glad they are switching it up a bit.

Edited by Casual

I think this thread illustrates a very important point: there are certain members of this board and the "fan community" who are only happy when attacking the band. When there's controversy - Reading, or Dublin - they circle and squawk like vultures, and the threads balloon to 50+ page flame wars.

But when you get a solid show with a solid setlist, bringing back a couple of tunes people had been wanting to hear, there's nothing. No positive side, because they have nothing positive to say. They're not fans, just shit-disturbers.

Hope everyone at tonight's gig had a great time. The setlist looks sweet. Even with those 20 year old songs (I mean, come on, right? Why keep an old song like Paradise City in the mix??? /sarcasm)

While I wouldn't expect 3 hour shows like in Asia, there is enough material to put on solid 2.5 hours shows on each stop. It's not as if this is a tiring world tour with 125 stops. It just seems to be Axl's doing the bare minimum with these performances. I wanted to see refinement of live CD songs throughout the tour like Shackler's, If the World, Catcher, Prostitute and There was a Time - these are tunes that were a bit rough and raw but ones that I thought had real potential to become live masterpieces.

Believe me, I love the old songs, I really do, but a better mix of CD songs (since it is the CD 'tour') and a 2+ hour setlist would be nice. Last thing, people hate when I compare Metallica, but one of the really cool things they do is play one unique song in each setlist throughout the tour - on the DM tour, among other songs, they played things we haven't heard live in YEARS - Trapped under ice, outlaw torn, shortest straw, through the never, Dyer's Eve, etc, etc. Imagine Axl pulls out don't damn me, perfect crime, 14 years...

12 songs from the others 5 albums

6 songs from CD

im sorry for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :thumbsup:

It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies you spin about the set list.

rock2

While I wouldn't expect 3 hour shows like in Asia, there is enough material to put on solid 2.5 hours shows on each stop. It's not as if this is a tiring world tour with 125 stops. It just seems to be Axl's doing the bare minimum with these performances. I wanted to see refinement of live CD songs throughout the tour like Shackler's, If the World, Catcher, Prostitute and There was a Time - these are tunes that were a bit rough and raw but ones that I thought had real potential to become live masterpieces.

Believe me, I love the old songs, I really do, but a better mix of CD songs (since it is the CD 'tour') and a 2+ hour setlist would be nice. Last thing, people hate when I compare Metallica, but one of the really cool things they do is play one unique song in each setlist throughout the tour - on the DM tour, among other songs, they played things we haven't heard live in YEARS - Trapped under ice, outlaw torn, shortest straw, through the never, Dyer's Eve, etc, etc. Imagine Axl pulls out don't damn me, perfect crime, 14 years...

I'm going to give you credit - that was a pretty solid reply. That said - they're playing a pretty long setlist even with 18 songs. I wouldn't call it the care minimum - that basically is 2 hours and a bit. That's what STP are doing currently (just saw them recently), and that's without doing as many new songs as GN'R. And a pretty stagnant setlist from night to night. I know GN'R had a couple of shorter sets lately but 18 songs, plus jams and solos, and a larger number of new songs than most bands tonight...

I'd love to see some rarities come out, and we have in the past - Down on the Farm, Used to Love Her... and I'm sure we will again. Every night? I doubt it. Metallica have the advantage of having toured and released albums on a regular basis over the past 15 years. People are less angry when they drop a "hit" for a "rarity"