• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you eric, it's lovely. especially when i'm browsing on my phone! :shades:

The search doesn't work for me

Does it work for you guys?

Search does not work for me either...

...Also I must say that this update is 10000x better for my phone, way clean and nice easy to navigate. I have been waiting for this for a long time !!

When updates are done sometimes it takes time to get things working right.

Edited by gunsguy

Dont you guys have a test forum for this type of stuff? Was this tested? Because it seems a hell of a lot of stuff is broken for an official update from IPB.

Yes we do. The sheer size of the database here and only having the mods and Eric as testers obviously makes it quite difficult to test adequately.

IPB updates are actually quite difficult to apply - definately above a "novice" level, you need at least some kind of programming experience to be able to do it. A lot of things are customised pretty heavily too which creates complications for implementation.

I actually think very few things are broken, certainly nothing major. This place is a hobby and Eric can only invest as much time in it as he is permitted from work. If you consider that, it's all gone well. :)

Dont you guys have a test forum for this type of stuff? Was this tested? Because it seems a hell of a lot of stuff is broken for an official update from IPB.

Yes we do. The sheer size of the database here and only having the mods and Eric as testers obviously makes it quite difficult to test adequately.

IPB updates are actually quite difficult to apply - definately above a "novice" level, you need at least some kind of programming experience to be able to do it. A lot of things are customised pretty heavily too which creates complications for implementation.

I actually think very few things are broken, certainly nothing major.

Personally I'd count a broken search as pretty major issue; either something went really wonky on mygnr's part, or IPB screwed up their implementation of it. I agree that the rest of the stuff though isn't really major, the link color i was complaining about could be fixed quickly with some CSS

Personally I'd count a broken search as pretty major issue; either something went really wonky on mygnr's part, or IPB screwed up their implementation of it. I agree that the rest of the stuff though isn't really major, the link color i was complaining about could be fixed quickly with some CSS

Cosmetic issues come second to the bugs, so while the link colour is an easy fix, it's at the bottom of the pile.

The search wasn't very good beforehand anyway and they've changed it significantly now which has probably affected it's implementation. I'd call major issues losing posts - most forums I go on have regular issues with their search functions - definately more than ours!

But that's just our opinion I guess sometime it will be fixed

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Where can I find this "Status Update" page?

I don't know if this is the best way to find it, but go to your profile, and look under the "What's on your mind?" square, and you'll see a "View All Updates→". There you have it.

But that's just our opinion I guess sometime it will be fixed

I dunno, it's a pretty integral feature.

I assume one could still search mygnr through Google or another search engine though?