THANK YOU GUYS FOR GROWING UP

sascha

Thank you Duff for playing with the band and thank you Axl and everyone else, especially Tommy, for having Duff on stage with you.

Not talking reunion but I'd love to see more former members make their peace with the band and vice versa. It kinda makes me enjoy the music even more when I see it's done in good spirits. Maybe the current band playing old songs with former members makes them less of a cover band to the haters and the old members playing with the current lineup kind of gives it approval like "yeah, it's cool, let them play these songs". Do you know what I mean?

The flipside is everyone talking reunion now for a while and that's just annoying. It's understandable but unfair. The band plays great shows and all they get is shit. Then a former member joins them for some songs and even Rolling Stone picks up and features GN'R again. They just can't win. But if they listen and keep an open mind I think they can get the most and best out of it for them and the fans. And for the music.

So thank you guys and keep it going, you are doing great. :thumbsup:

Thank you Duff for playing with the band and thank you Axl and everyone else, especially Tommy, for having Duff on stage with you.

Not talking reunion but I'd love to see more former members make their peace with the band and vice versa. It kinda makes me enjoy the music even more when I see it's done in good spirits. Maybe the current band playing old songs with former members makes them less of a cover band to the haters and the old members playing with the current lineup kind of gives it approval like "yeah, it's cool, let them play these songs". Do you know what I mean?

The flipside is everyone talking reunion now for a while and that's just annoying. It's understandable but unfair. The band plays great shows and all they get is shit. Then a former member joins them for some songs and even Rolling Stone picks up and features GN'R again. They just can't win. But if they listen and keep an open mind I think they can get the most and best out of it for them and the fans. And for the music.

So thank you guys and keep it going, you are doing great. :thumbsup:

So true, they really cant win. but its great to see old friends make peace.

watching duff play with this lineup was amazing. watching axl and duff sharing the same stage after all this bullshit that's been around for years was fucking amazing. maybe slash can do the same some day, even for just a song or two. it would be awesome. we don't need reunion, we "need" reconciliation. long live guns and roses rock2

Edited by Cpi

watching duff play with this lineup was amazing. watching axl and duff sharing the same stage after all this bullshit that's been around for years was fucking amazing. maybe slash can do the same some day, even for just a song or two. it would be awesome. we don't need reunion, we "need" reconciliation. long live guns and roses rock2

Yeah, I'll agree. It was really cool seeing video shots from behind the stage at the beginning of YCBM when Axl and Duff shared centre stage together. For a brief moment it felt like a moment back in '91 and you could only imagine Slash being off to the side and Matt tearing up the drums (I'm partial to the UYI lineup). I do agree with Axl in that no one should be forced to play with anyone. So in that respect I'd only like to see Slash and Axl play again for their own enjoyment, not mine, but it was nice to see the two rock icons share centre stage again and take us all back to twenty years ago when they both belonged to the biggest band in the world.

Cheers,

Andrew

I feel sorry for people wanting a reunion, this must be a double edged sword for them. On one hand they think Duff must mean a reunion and how cool/exciting/thrilling it is to see him up there, but on the other hand they know a reunion with slash would never happen which is what they want most.

Enjoy it for what it is cause its the closest to a reunion with the old guys well ever see.

Edited by gunns5

I can only speak for myself when I say seeing Duff playing with Axl ment more to me than seeing

the other members of the band. Although they are really great musicians They can never be Izzy,

Duff, Steven or Slash. So go on having good shows Axl just remember who helped you get there.