When Will Axl Make His Big John Galt Speech Announcement

Stipemanblue

I know Axl knows who John Galt is because a song title he confirmed he wrote is called Atlas Shrugged. John Galt in the book Atlas Shrugged gives an amazing speech announcement basically flooring everyone within listening distance.

I was a little bit not happy that I hadn't heard anything from The Beastie Boys about their two albums Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 and 2. I like those guys. They're really good at what they do. What made me happy this past week was that if you go to BeastieBoys.com you read their big announcement that Hot Sauce Committee part 2 will be released next spring.

So who cares about Beastie Boys? Me. Because I like them. Should an artist only put out material if there is a big taco bell promotion working up rock writers into a frenzy? (Taco Bell gives out a free taco if you buy the new GNR album)

The point is this: It's about the fans. You don't worry about every person on planet earth liking you. After you've had a 20 year career, you don't worry about the people who say "So what. I'm a fairweather fan. I don't care anymore since every song isn't welcome to the jungle."

Axl doesn't have to talk to a single journalist if he doesn't want to. He can tour as long as he wants and make as much money as he wants touring. That's awesome. It makes me happy to see that guy doing his thing on stage all over the world.

But......when will he make that big announcement? The one about how Chinese Democracy is not finished yet. The one about how yeah, Sebastian Bach was right. The one about 2012 is the third album and obviously 2010 is the second album.

U2, R.E.M. and Beastie Boys: all of those groups in the past week announced plans for a spring 2011 album release. I'm really happy to hear about all those new albums. I think GNR was popular around the time all those bands were popular. If people want to hear from those bands enough that they're making a new album, then people would probably look forward to a new GNR album.

I think one reason Axl hasn't mentioned anything about a release is perhaps other leaks are floating around. An album is probably no more than a year away, but if he says that then the leaks start to surface. Axl is a private guy, I think the leaks really pissed him off.

Who is John Galt?

;)

He's your daddy bitch.

LOL just read the book and you get it.

I think it's pretty cool to find inspiration for rock music from books. Jim Morrison was inspired by literature too and the results were great. I'd like to hear 'Atlas Shrugged' just to see what kind of inspiration Axl got out of the book and how he communicates that in five minutes or so, it's quite a powerful book so that song should be intresting.

I really hope it's soon. The band I saw on stage last week is a fucking monster, I can't wait to hear more from them. I'd like an album just written by the guys in the band right now, but after whatever 'Chinese' songs are left in the vault are released.

I would've thought they'd be itching to get that material out.

Who is John Galt?

;)

He's your daddy bitch.

LOL just read the book and you get it.

I think it's pretty cool to find inspiration for rock music from books. Jim Morrison was inspired by literature too and the results were great. I'd like to hear 'Atlas Shrugged' just to see what kind of inspiration Axl got out of the book and how he communicates that in five minutes or so, it's quite a powerful book so that song should be intresting.

"Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough. " Axl Rose.

Although this quote does seem very John Galt-ish...

"Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions." Axl Rose.

Edited by Orsys

I wonder what day Nov 23 is this year.

you are the most funniest forum member around here! :D I really dig your kind of humor!

Nov 23 is on a Tuesday! B)

and only the thought of putting out CD II on the same date as the previous,

it's so crazy that GNR could do it.

and especially without a further announcement, just drop it on Myspace and Facebook and the 3.5 million followers will follow! and the rest of us (about 5 million B)) who don't do Facebook will follow to... because we'll just read it there somewhere that

GUNS N' fuckin' ROSES released Chinese Democracy II and III as an double album (just to get it out of their system) and it will be a blast, because now you've tour the world, you've made "the new fan base" - "the consumers", and we are hungry for some that we haven't had yet !

you are the most funniest forum member around here! :D I really dig your kind of humor!

and especially without a further announcement, just drop it on Myspace and Facebook and the 3.5 million followers will follow! and the rest of us (about 5 million B)) who don't do Facebook will follow to... because we'll just read it there somewhere that

GUNS N' fuckin' ROSES released Chinese Democracy II and III as an double album (just to get it out of their system) and it will be a blast, because now you've tour the world, you've made "the new fan base" - "the consumers", and we are hungry for some that we haven't had yet !

i like that kind of enthusiasm, now i'm excited...

I haven't read it, but Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be garbage.

Should be required reading for every person graduating high school.. escpecially in the United States of America. Hugely prophetic and extremely relevant to the state of the world as it is right here and right now.

Who is John Galt.

Premise: What would happen to the world if all the producers-those that create and build our society suddenly took their talents away and went on strike? What would happen to the leeches and parasites in a society that consume at will with sense of entitlement? What would happen to the world if engineers and industrialists and artists and muscians, philosophers ect took their talents away and stopped producing? Those that benifit from others contributions would crumble..attempt to by force sieze for their own need under the guise of national security those whose intellect, drive, ambition and talent actually creates the world we live in?

Hmmmmm Axl is John Galt for the years 1995-2001

I haven't read it, but Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be garbage.

Should be required reading for every person graduating high school.. escpecially in the United States of America. Hugely prophetic and extremely relevant to the state of the world as it is right here and right now.

Who is John Galt.

Premise: What would happen to the world if all the producers-those that create and build our society suddenly took their talents away and went on strike? What would happen to the leeches and parasites in a society that consume at will with sense of entitlement? What would happen to the world if engineers and industrialists and artists and muscians, philosophers ect took their talents away and stopped producing? Those that benifit from others contributions would crumble..attempt to by force sieze for their own need under the guise of national security those whose intellect, drive, ambition and talent actually creates the world we live in?

Hmmmmm Axl is John Galt for the years 1995-2001

I agree it's an important book. It's a tough read and the Fountainhead, also by Ayn Rand, is also about the concept of 'objectivism' but a tad lighter. Just a tad. The part that grabbed me was allowing those talented or gifted to do the good work for good work's sake and society will benefit. But to control and dictate how that work must be done, and that compromises must be made to satisfy the masses reduces the creative and artistic drive. And in the end what society does to try to help all of society through this dictation and compromise, hurts the whole of society.

I always had the feeling that 'Scraped' was actually 'Atlas Shrugged' because of the lyrics.

Ay-o

Don't you try to stop us now

Ay-o

I just refuse

Ay-o

Ay-o

Cause I just won't let you

Sometimes I feel like

The world is on top of me

Breakin' me down with

An endless monotony

Sometimes I feel like

There's nothing that's stopping me

All things are possible

I am unstoppable

Some may convince you

No one can break through

I'm here to tell you

You're worth

More than they tell you

Ay-o

Ay-o

I just refuse

Ay-o

Ay-o

Sometimes I feel like

My life's a catastrophe

Can't understand why

It seems like it has to be

Sometimes I feel like

It's all opened up for me

Nothing's impossible

I am inconquerable

No one can make you

Do what they want to

You know you're stronger

Than the lies

That they tell you

Ay-o

(I'd give anything to know)

Ay-o

I just refuse

Ay-o

(I would have never made it so far)

Ay-o

Believe in yourself

Some may convince you

No one can break through

You know you're stronger

Than the lies

That they tell you

Ay-o

Ay-o

I just refuse

(How you live with yourself)

Ay-o

Ay-o

(All by myself)

Believe in yourself

I always had the feeling that 'Scraped' was actually 'Atlas Shrugged' because of the lyrics.

Ay-o

Ay-o

I just refuse

Ay-o

Ay-o

Sometimes I feel like

The world is on top of me

Breakin' me down with

An endless monotony

Sometimes I feel like

There's nothing that's stopping me

All things are possible

I am unstoppable

Some may convince you

No one can break through

I'm here to tell you

You're worth

More than they tell you

Ay-o

Ay-o

I just refuse

Ay-o

Ay-o

Sometimes I feel like

My life's a catastrophe

Can't understand why

It seems like it has to be

Sometimes I feel like

It's all opened up for me

Nothing's impossible

I am inconquerable

No one can make you

Do what they want to

You know you're stronger

Than the lies

That they tell you

Ay-o

Ay-o

I just refuse

Ay-o

Ay-o

Believe in yourself

Some may convince you

No one can break through

You know you're stronger

Than the lies

That they tell you

Ay-o

Ay-o

I just refuse

(How you live with yourself)

Ay-o

Ay-o

(All by myself)

Believe in yourself

yep ! thumbsup.gif

I think one reason Axl hasn't mentioned anything about a release is perhaps other leaks are floating around. An album is probably no more than a year away, but if he says that then the leaks start to surface. Axl is a private guy, I think the leaks really pissed him off.

Indeed.

That's enough for everyone!