About the new Duff interview

Terje_Myhre

So i guess most of u die hards have heard or read the new duff interveiw. Is it just me or does it look like he

cant speak hes piece of mind. He keep it down, i guess every employes of Axl has a contract for what they can say, and whats not allowed to talk about.

Anyway was a nice read...but I was hoping for a little more info about how he felt about the current situation etc etc etc! :fuckyou:

Edited by Terje_Myhre

So i guess most of u die hards have heard or read the new duff interveiw. Is it just me or does it look like he

cant speak hes piece of mind. He keep it down, i guess every employes of Axl has a contract for what they can say, and whats not allowed to talk about.

Anyway was a nice read...but I was hoping for a little more info about how he felt about the current situation etc etc etc! :fuckyou:

he just fixed some things with an old friend...you think he's gonna start talking about the new band and risk saying something that could be looked at as negative and ruin what he just fixed?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It's called being clever and respectful.

He even mentioned not wanting to go into too much detail and spoiling those special and PRIVATE moments

Is it just me or does it look like he cant speak hes piece of mind.

It looks more like he doesn't want to as it obviously was a very special and intimate moment for him. It's not surprising he is unwilling to share it and wants to keep it secret. Has every right to.

In what way is he an "employee of Axl" anyway?

Take the hate/conspiracy theories elsewhere. He told you how he felt. I'm guessing you didn't like it. Too bad. I think of lot of people's own baseless opinions are being shattered by Izzy, Duff, and all the opening acts basically saying nice things about Axl and this lineup.

You think Duff would sign a gag order? Madness.

He's not airing it in public because it's between him and Axl, it doesn't mean anything.

Duff said he played a few songs in front of a crowd that went nuts, forgot how to play a song he hadn't played in 18 years, got along with the "nu" band members, had dinner with Axl the next day, and went home.

Sounds like he had a fun weekend to me, and he was treated as a special guest should be treated. This opens the possibility to working together sometime in the future, no different than Robin Finck working with GNR in the future. Who knows, maybe Duff's going to be Axl's accountant or something, maybe they were talking about stocks and investments, how he survived working with Weiland and nothing about Slash.

Honestly, who cares about Duff? He hasn't been a part of GNR for a long, long time.

Are you retarded? Duff was a major part of Axl's life/GnR. Dude is a legend. Dude is classy, cool and can play. Tommy does a decent fill in job (he's an employee after all) while Duff is the real deal. Was nice to see him on stage with Axl showing the current employees how it's done. Seriously. Boys & girls, that (Axl & Duff together) is how it's done. That is rock stars at their best.

Honestly, who cares about Duff? He hasn't been a part of GNR for a long, long time.

Are you retarded? Duff was a major part of Axl's life/GnR. Dude is a legend. Dude is classy, cool and can play. Tommy does a decent fill in job (he's an employee after all) while Duff is the real deal. Was nice to see him on stage with Axl showing the current employees how it's done. Seriously. Boys & girls, that (Axl & Duff together) is how it's done. That is rock stars at their best.

No, I'm not retarded, but you evidently are.

Duff is "classy"? It was "classy" to abandon ship as soon as things got rough in GNR and then spend the next several years slandering Axl in the press? Yeah, real "classy". Tommy is a better bassist than Duff, and that is an indisputable fact. You may have a mancrush on Duff or whatever or a hard-on for the original lineup but that doesn't change the fact that the songs sound 10x better with Stinson, who by the way is as much of a part of GNR as Duff has ever been.

Asshole statement of the entire year right here folks..next to the other cocksuckers who say shit like.."slash who"

Hey, if you want to discuss Slash or Duff or any other former member, there are other forums for that. This is a GUNS N' ROSES forum... is it that hard to grasp? This forum is for discussing Guns N' Roses, not for discussing former members who are completely irrelevant to todays band.

Duff is "classy"? It was "classy" to abandon ship as soon as things got rough in GNR and then spend the next several years slandering Axl in the press? Yeah, real "classy". Tommy is a better bassist than Duff, and that is an indisputable fact. You may have a mancrush on Duff or whatever or a hard-on for the original lineup but that doesn't change the fact that the songs sound 10x better with Stinson, who by the way is as much of a part of GNR as Duff has ever been.

Asshole statement of the entire year right here folks..next to the other cocksuckers who say shit like.."slash who"

Hey, if you want to discuss Slash or Duff or any other former member, there are other forums for that. This is a GUNS N' ROSES forum... is it that hard to grasp? This forum is for discussing Guns N' Roses, not for discussing former members who are completely irrelevant to todays band.

Hahhahaa what a deepthroater with a whoppin 8 posts we have here folks... obviously about a 12 year old mentality...weve seen your kind come and go so fucken quick its laughable. Stick around Mr. I know GNR...by all means make a fool of yourself ...its entertaining..

Mind you while your going off at the mouth about the past...um your little "mancrush" on Stinson...ummm those are Duffs base lines hes playing on every song not on the CD..and besides your obvious trolling for shit... you know shit about GNR...it apparent and your insistance on showing your ignorance is amusing. Please give us some of your manly insight on GNR...for us mistaken fools. Play your hostility out.. this could be as funny as your not one but two ASSHOLE comments of the year. By the way Welcome to the Jungle well enjoy your pitiful attempts to "set us straight"

Hahhahaa what a deepthroater with a whoppin 8 posts we have here folks... obviously about a 12 year old mentality...weve seen your kind come and go so fucken quick its laughable. Stick around Mr. I know GNR...by all means make a fool of yourself ...its entertaining..

Mind you while your going off at the mouth about the past...um your little "mancrush" on Stinson...ummm those are Duffs base lines hes playing on every song not on the CD..and besides your obvious trolling for shit... you know shit about GNR...it apparent and your insistance on showing your ignorance is amusing. Please give us some of your manly insight on GNR...for us mistaken fools. Play your hostility out.. this could be as funny as your not one but two ASSHOLE comments of the year. By the way Welcome to the Jungle well enjoy your pitiful attempts to "set us straight"

First of all, calm your ass down kiddy.

What does my post count have to do with anything? I've been a GNR fan for longer than you've been alive, son. In your world, post count evidently matters. In my world, it doesn't.

Oh come on dude, don't pretend that you know shit about Guns N' Roses. You can't even seem to grasp the fact that the original lineup is long dead and buried. Fact is, the new lineup is as much Guns N' Roses as the AFD-era gang were. The only constant in GNR is Axl. Get over it and stop your crying. Not to mention the fact that today's band actually sound better.

For someone to leave GNR... I think the only people who could relate to it are the people who were in the band. It has to be a very bad situation to leave something so big. Duff's lucky to be alive. I have no criticism on his bass playing, he just did the Janes shows and wrote some songs with them.

Everything is disputable. Neither one's Jaco.

Well said! Duff is the real deal, and a true gnr fan cares alot about what the former guys does! U rising tides can go to hell, why ppl like u are still allowed to be around in this place is beoyond my fucking mind! :fuckyou:

The interview was really good and cool...Duff seems to be in good mood and very happy about the whole thing :wub: ! rock3rock3

Edited by Terje_Myhre

Back on topic, we don't need to know everything, it's not our place. Some things, like this, are very private and probably emotional for them, so why would he share that with us?

And Duff was also respectful and clever, since the press has a history of turning things arround about those guys in a negative way.

Well done Duff!

I think you are 100% wrong. Duff said it how it was, atleast thats the impression I got.