Midnight Rider: Anybody else think Axl's got a Southern Rock song in him?

ITW 2012

Anybody else think Axl's got a Southern Rock song in him? Or perhaps a banjo stomping number would be nice? I know Indiana is located in the Midwest but I think Axl's got a bit of a southern vibe. I can picture him singing something like Midnight Rider, Devil Went Down To Georgia or Tuesdays Gone.

Edited by ITW 2012

To me Breakdown is THE quintessential Axl track.

It's one of the forgotten gems on UYI II. I always think of that album as the Axl one. I think it's a template of what he wanted GNR to be.

They could combine free bird and sweet home alhabama into one song but in a more Judas Priest way.

I'd like to hear Axl sing in a voice that's closer to his speaking voice. He must have a cleaner baritone hidden in there somewhere.

Edited by ITW 2012

I'd like to hear Axl sing in a voice that's closer to his speaking voice. He must have a cleaner baritone hidden in there somewhere.

Don't Cry, verses of This I Love, verses of Chinese Demorcracy, Patience, Since I Don't Have You etc?

I think I'm looking for something a bit closer to Jim Morrison.

Anybody else think Axl's got a Southern Rock song in him? Or perhaps a banjo stomping number would be nice? I know Indiana is located in the Midwest but I think Axl's got a bit of a southern vibe. I can picture him singing something like Midnight Rider, Devil Went Down To Georgia or Tuesdays Gone.

In the Axl chats, he said that Sweet Child of Mine was supposed to be a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute/influenced song. That's the closest that I can think.