Would This I Love have been better without the guitar solo?

Vincent Vega

extended guitar solos are so 1985

Axls songwriting and arrangement capabilities havent changed in over 25 years

only thing that has changed are the players and the music which isnt as good as it once was

I agree that solo should have been removed, in fact the whole song should have been removed

unindulgent was never a word that came to mind while listening to that cd................

a 20 min bucket head solo or a 5 min finck solo for that matter would be enough for some people to want to go out and find the nearest bridge to jump off of

not sure whats so 21 st century about that album

excessive layers, pro tools, guitar solos, sound effects, were all done well before the millenium

Edited by AngelZ

I think it would have been better, definitely.

edit: I think the entire album could have been better with about 70% less guitar wankery.

:thumbsup::rofl-lol: Awesome term!

However, this guitar wankery is probably the thing i love the most about Chinese. Seriously, it's what I've been missing in rock albums these days.

Take TWAT for example, for me it's 90% about the guitar. It's over the top, sure, but awesome nonetheless.

extended guitar solos are so 1985

Axls songwriting and arrangement capabilities havent changed in over 25 years

only thing that has changed are the players and the music which isnt as good as it once was

I agree that solo should have been removed, in fact the whole song should have been removed

Who says artists have to do whats "in"??? If the album DIDNT have solos you would have all these old Guns fans bitching. Old Guns always had solos, why drop them? To follow a trend?

The solo is great, just too loud in the mix. I know that is kind of Robin's style, but it completely drowned out the quite incredible orchestral and piano work during that time. I mean, it is really amazing and the solo completely overpowers it. The music (and vocals) are much better live where you can actually hear the orchestration.