Guns N' Roses' best and worst songs

Encore

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting question because while my favorite can change for me from time to time I always thought that musically Estranged really was the band at its absolute best.

From a composition and melody standpoint its just superb. Lyrically its right up there with Garden of Eden and Don't damn me.

The worst both in my opinion and in actual fact has never changed.....Easily its shotgun blues. Not even close. I don't consider My World a song as its just Axl fucking around.

Shotgun was an attempt and for that I can never forgive the band for such an absolutely useless, annoying, and mind numbing experience.

i've never fully recovered from its affect.

How anyone with an IQ over 15 can believe that's a good song is nothing but a F-ing p****

Thats illusions for you the best and worst of Guns all on the same album.

P.S. just kididing about the IQ over 15 part.

Old Guns -

Best - November Rain/Nightrain

Worst - You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Garden of Eden

New Guns -

Best - TWAT

Worst - Riad N' The Bedouins

TWAT overall is not only my favourite Guns song, but probably my favourite song of all time. I hated it at first but I kept coming back to it. I really can't stand Riad. Needs to lose the Schnauss intro (would have avoided a lawsuit that way too), and the vocals are just too clean for what should be a rocker. Apart from that I've come to like and love everything else on CD. May seem unfair to some by picking a TSI song for Old Guns, but I actually like a lot of stuff on TSI (Ain't it Fun? is amazing). And My World has really grown on me :P

best: if the world

worst: shotgun blues

I respect your opinion, but I will say, I am always suprised by the amount of hate that song gets on GNR boards.

It was one of the songs that really, lead me/got me, into GNR big time.

lol who on this board cares what you think?!?! just sayin...u picked ALL of chinese democracy..its a guns n roses album whether u like it or not. No arguments thats the truth the legal and honest truth. Ok...let it go

Edited by AxlRose14

Picking 'My World' or a 'TSI?' tune is a cop out, I think.

Agreed. Picking cover songs is too easy.

And My World is actually quite fun. Axl sounds so insane and there's a fuckin' awesome cigarette lighter used as an instrument.

Some classic quotage too. "You ain't been mindfucked yet". "Oh my distorted smile". "It's a sociopsychotic state of bliss" :thumbsup:

Best Old Guns: WTTJ, November Rain, Locomotive, Coma

Best New Guns: Shacklers

Worst Old Guns: Anything Goes, Don't Damn Me, Knockin On Heavens Door, Live & Let Die (leave the tacky OTT covers to Mariah Carey please)

Worst New Guns: If The World (by far the worst thing Axl has ever recorded)

Edited by Towelie

best: if the world

worst: shotgun blues

I respect your opinion, but I will say, I am always suprised by the amount of hate that song gets on GNR boards.

It was one of the songs that really, lead me/got me, into GNR big time.

lol who on this board cares what you think?!?!

apparently, you do.

just sayin...u picked ALL of chinese democracy..its a guns n roses album whether u like it or not. No arguments thats the truth the legal and honest truth. Ok...let it go

And? Guess since I think CD is substandard, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on anything else. <_<

Picking 'My World' or a 'TSI?' tune is a cop out, I think.

Agreed. Picking cover songs is too easy.

And My World is actually quite fun. Axl sounds so insane and there's a fuckin' awesome cigarette lighter used as an instrument.

Some classic quotage too. "You ain't been mindfucked yet". "Oh my distorted smile". "It's a sociopsychotic state of bliss" :thumbsup:

It's not that I really like my world, but like you said, it's kind of funny. I have the same feeling about that song. It's so strangly insane, it grows on you.

I can't choose the best song, it changes so often. Depends on my mood, but it is probably something on AFD or UYI II.

Worst, probably; Silk worms

Edited by MBRose

Best: There Was A Time / November Rain / Don't Cry/ Nightrain (sorry I really can't pick any of those 3 saying one is better than another... it's a real tie)

Worst: Shotgun Blues/ Think About You / You Ain't The First (easily the 3 worst GNR songs ever)