Do you think Axl appreciates us?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

At the shows this year I always got the feeling he genuinely loved and appreciated us all turning out and cheering them on. Do you think he appreciates that we wait so long, are patient for the most part, and so many of us like what hes doing with this line up and our hunger for new material?

I wonder if hes genuine when he thanks us? I don't think Axl is the fake type but what do you guys think?

At the goodbye of the o2 gig he seemed really surprised and happy so see so many still there at end. It really seemed to touch him.

I think it splits into two different groups as seen in these two examples:

He either spends so long on an album because he wants it to be the best it can be because the fans deserve the highest quality or because he works purely for his own means with a middle finger up to everyone else.

He goes on late because he wants to give the best show he possibly can because that's what the fans deserve or he goes on late because he only goes on when he feels like it because he only cares about his own wellbeing.

When I saw him live, he sure seemed to be enjoying the fans' reaction to his music ( he was waving at some members of the audience in particular, shook hands with a kid, had a few laughs ). It looked genuine.

I am sure he also appreciates people sticking around despite all the bullshit.

However, I am not sure that he likes all casual GnR fans and AFD/OG lineup hardcore fans ( aka "those who want Slash back and can't stop asking for it" ).

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Of course he does. I think he tries to better the name Guns N Roses for us the fans. If he really just cared about the money he would of got back with his old friends already and made TONS of money. I appreciate Axl and I know he appreciates us.

Of course he does. I think he tries to better the name Guns N Roses for us the fans. If he really just cared about the money he would of got back with his old friends already and made TONS of money. I appreciate Axl and I know he appreciates us.

Exactly.

Thank you for all of the support you give us day in day out. All you folks on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, the message boards that fight the good fight - we feel it and very much appreciate it - THANK YOU!. And special thanks to MusicRadar for holding the poll and letting people speak. - Axl Thats what Axl said a few days ago. I also like to bring up what he said after the Tokyo show this year. How it was the worst year of his life but how the fans made it all worthwhile.

Some think if he truly cared about the fans, he would do this...

I think he with every other artist likes being appreciated for his work and effort. It's not as if he's posting on Anything Goes forum taken an active interest in our day-to-day affairs?

And who wouldn't be in a good mood when 15,000 people have been cheering and singing along for 2 hours to your own music?

Im not dissing Axl, it's just some people feel the need for Axl's mood to control there own happiness, perhaps read to much into things. You pay to hear Axl's music, you pay to see him live, anything else like getting a pic/signature from him or answering your question on a forum is a bonus and it should be taken as that.

Edited by Axl_morris

Or he could drop the name altogether and build his own brand.

HEY BBA, JUST IN TIME FOR THE SILLY SEASON

HEY BBA, JUST IN TIME FOR THE SILLY SEASON

I guess you were addressing me. Too bad for you my posts are serious and not silly. I'm not BBA. Why don't you come up with something creative like volcano62 and call everyone that passes by a cupcake.

It's not BBA, it's Supercool

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showuser=46042

And this was his last post using this Username ;)

And Yes Axl cares about his fans. Everyone that has met him knows that for sure.

I think some people have misunderstood what I meant. I'm wondering if he personally feels connected to us. I do think his recent thank you statement was from the heart.

At the shows did anyone else feel overcome with I guess you would describe love? :confused: I never felt like that before at a concert. It was unreal and I felt he gave it back. I remember getting excited when he'd speak to the crowd at the end and thank us for coming. And he does that peace sign with the smile it just seems so genuine. What sets him apart from so many is the not being motivated by money. I love that. I'd rather he do the things he does with a heart and a half than doing every bit of crap to make a dollar.

I'm glad you guys feel the same :)

Remember the chats he did? Kinda answers Ur question

Yeah so awesome! I wouldn't have known what to ask had I been online. That was unbelievably sweet of him. He didn't have to do that at all :wub: