Ashbas "Better" Solo..argh

Frozen Inferno

mindray08,i cant guarantee it'll be as great as my 'Prostitute" remix, but im 100% sure itll be better than anything u ever put together..

anyway, dj does a great sorry, and this i love solo, but he should stay away from better, its the best gnr song since you could be mine.

Edited by Frozen Inferno

mindray08,i cant guarantee it'll be as great as my 'Prostitute" remix, but im 100% sure itll be better than anything u ever put together..

anyway, dj does a great sorry, and this i love solo, but he should stay away from better, its the best gnr song since you could be mine.

i don't know about TIL though, i don't know what it is, but a lot of the emotion from the solo is not "there" when he plays it

Not fond of his TIL solo ( but I don't love the original one either ) but really love his IRS solo for one. The Lille bootleg for instance, sounds great there.

I don't think his Better solo is THAT different. The end turns into something that sounds quite like DJ and I don't mind it at all.

Used to want Robin back when he joined but I soon realised that it was just a matter of time before he would stop screwing up in the middle of the lead parts, unlike Robin.

Besides, DJ is an amazing entertainer. Very refreshing player. Not an incredible guitarist ( still very far from bad, listened to both Beautiful Creatures and his ASHBA album and he's got the chops ) but he's got that very positive energy and attitude and you can really tell that he loves being on that stage.

i don't know about TIL though, i don't know what it is, but a lot of the emotion from the solo is not "there" when he plays it

Totally agree about TIL solo.

Ruins the Better solo and shortcuts the best parts probably because he can't play Robin's licks.

Axl lost so much with Robin's exit.

Well, Robin has a very unique playing...but he really wasn't any good with Slash's material, especially the NR solo ( though I've always liked his SCOM solo ).

DJ does a pretty good job with Slash's. :shrugs:

As far as DJ's writing skills...We'll have to wait and see. I have to agree that while I really like his Beautiful Creatures parts, there are nothing special, unlike most of Robin's work on Chinese.

Well Robin is my fav. in the lineup and I think DJ is getting better in that solo. When DJ started it was kind of weak, but has really improved. I know "better" left the setlist for a while, I wonder if it had anything to do wit DJ not being able to play that song like Robin did?

Used to want Robin back when he joined but I soon realised that it was just a matter of time before he would stop screwing up in the middle of the lead parts, unlike Robin.

Besides, DJ is an amazing entertainer. Very refreshing player. Not an incredible guitarist ( still very far from bad, listened to both Beautiful Creatures and his ASHBA album and he's got the chops ) but he's got that very positive energy and attitude and you can really tell that he loves being on that stage.

That's exactly what I think. I used to msis Robin on stage, but right now Ashba's much better live player/entertainer. I like his Better solo as well.

Well Robin is my fav. in the lineup and I think DJ is getting better in that solo. When DJ started it was kind of weak, but has really improved. I know "better" left the setlist for a while, I wonder if it had anything to do wit DJ not being able to play that song like Robin did?

Probably not, considering songs like If The World and Shackler's Revenge which were staples on the early half of the tour are hardly being found either and DJ has no leads on either of those. Shackler's has found its way back a few times but I can't even recall the last time they played If The World. When Better is left out it's pretty random. If it had been left out for a large chunk of time before being brought back then maybe I'd say DJ wanted to re-learn it. However, since it has an in-out-in-out kind of pattern in some of the recent setlists, I do not see that being the reason.

Since they make up the setlists as they go (save for the first handful of songs), I think sometimes it's easy to "forget" about a certain song. They might look back 10 minutes after the show has ended, laugh, and go "Oh shit, we forgot to play *insert name of song here*" which I know I've even done with my band a few times at rehearsals. Hell, I recall reading of a show on the Illusion tour where they didn't even play Jungle.