Guns N’ Roses - Artist Of The Year

Alpachiris

http://www.hennemusic.com/2010/12/guns-n-roses-named-hennemusics-rock.html

http://www.fmrockandpop.com/articulos-novedades/2404-la-mejor-banda-del-2010

Music fans have named Guns N’ Roses as hennemusic’s Rock News Artist Of The Year. ok

“Guns N’ Roses consistently made headlines throughout 2010, which kept hennemusic readers coming back for updates on the world according to Axl,” said Bruce Henne. “Fan interest in classic GNR remains huge, as even the mere hint of a hint of a reunion of the original lineup is enough to send shockwaves around the planet: fan reaction to Duff McKagan playing with Axl in London in October was over the top.”

GNR took the honor ahead of Steven Tyler, Pink Floyd, Metallica and Van Halen.

Winners of the hennemusic Rock News Awards are chosen by readers – rock fans around the world – who voted with their most valuable resource: their time. Categories are tabulated by page views in a salute to the artist/fan relationship.

hennemusic Rock News Artist Of The Year

Final Results

1 – Guns N’ Roses

2 – Steven Tyler

3 – Pink Floyd

4 – Metallica

5 – Van Halen

Guns N’ Roses toured throughout the year, which would normally make for headlines on its own, but the “Chinese Democracy” tour may ultimately go down in history as the show that never starts on time. Ask fans at the Reading Festival, where GNR’s set was cut short; ask fans in Townsville, Australia; ask fans in Dublin, who pelted the stage with bottles, prompting Axl to remove the band from the stage for an extended delay, which sent even more fans heading to the exits.

I saw the GNR tour here in Toronto in January, and the band didn’t hit the stage until almost 11:30 p.m. Sure, they played a full set, but to an ever-shrinking crowd, as many fans had to leave to catch the last rides on public transit around 1:00 a.m., so they could get home and to work the next morning. It makes you wonder how many fans, who only got half a show, will shell out cash the next time GNR comes through town…only time will tell.

Edited by Alpachiris

Awesome news!

This, plus Axl being named #1 frontman the other week.....Guns getting some pretty decent coverage at last! (Minus the usual old whingers)

Anyone can make these fucking polls. Or are you going to tell me youve actually heard of these prestigious publications? Pink Floyd hasnt been a band in over a decade and the last thing Van Halen did was tour over two years ago, this poll is absolute garbage.

Awesome news!

This, plus Axl being named #1 frontman the other week.....Guns getting some pretty decent coverage at last! (Minus the usual old whingers)

Anyone can make these fucking polls. Or are you going to tell me youve actually heard of these prestigious publications? Pink Floyd hasnt been a band in over a decade and the last thing Van Halen did was tour over two years ago, this poll is absolute garbage.

Good coverage is still good coverage. People are more than happy to listen to unprestigious websites when they're bashing the band.

And in all honesty, what makes one website/magazine more prestigious than the other? Age? The journalist? Whether the poll was by this site or, say, by Rolling Stone, it's still a random, unrepresentative sample of whoever is online at the time.

It's just nice to see the band get good coverage, ragardless of who it's from, is all

Awesome news!

Maybe they meant Roger Waters' tour? :shrugs:

I feel they wouldve said his name if they meant him, Steven Tyler by himself on the list for some reason. I still have absolutely no clue what Van Halen is doing there at all.