Spin, The 30 biggest concerts of 2010

henfjel

"It took Axl Rose and Co. 17 years to release Chinese Democracy -- so anticipation was high for their first live gigs in its support. Rose and his band of hired Guns delivered. They launched a Canadian tour (sorry, America!) with a "full-out rock'n'roll spectacle -- explosions and confetti, along with seven video screens and a massive mobile lighting rig -- that requires 15 semis of equipment and eight buses for the band and crew," wrote SPIN's Rob Williams. Over three hours, GNR played 25 songs, covering most of the new album and their greatest hits. "At 47, Rose looked and sounded as good as ever... but next time, don't wait so long."

http://www.spin.com/gallery/30-biggest-concerts-2010?page=2

They deserve some recognition for this awesome tour.

Guy's, let's give SPIN praise--for having the balls to tell the truth (amazing what journalism has come to these days)! This tour is one of the highest grossing $$ tours in the world this year, kicked major ass, a legend was re-born, and barely any of the North American press even mentions it, other than slogging Axl for some imaginary thing he did 15 years ago.

Fucking SPIN--telling the truth to the peoples!

this might not be the right thread but I saw some stuff on yahoo about Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Gaga topping the tour list. I think it was a top 10. U2 were on it for overseas touring. I found it strange Guns weren't on this list.

Edited by wasted

The Canada shows were the peak of the tour, setlist wise, but Axl seems to have been more "consistent" in later Europe/Australia.

Fucken niceeeee. I hope they don't go on hiatus for too long, Axl's voice is in prime shape and it would be a big downer if he lets it go.

this might not be the right thread but I saw some stuff on yahoo about Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Gaga topping the tour list. I think it was a top 10. U2 were on it for overseas touring. I found it strange Guns weren't on this list.

They are on the list, it's in another thread. It's PollStar's top 50, although some articles just look at the top 10. GN'R were 28th for the year out of the top 50 tours worldwide.

They are on the list, it's in another thread. It's PollStar's top 50, although some articles just look at the top 10. GN'R were 28th for the year out of the top 50 tours worldwide.

Ok, that makes sense. I guess those other bands have much bigger tours. Maybe if they do US 2011...