"Euphoria Morning" by Chris Cornell

Spoon87

Does anyone else here love this album as much as I do?

I bought it almost exactly two years ago, gave it a spin back then and thought it was rubbish. Not enough Soundgarden or whatever my reason for letting that record collect dust may have been.

Now 2 months ago, I searched for my copy of Chris' "Unplugged in Sweden" concert, but I found "Euphoria Morning" instead. I decided to give it another chance and what the fuck? :blink: I listened to this album almost every night for nearly 2 months straight.

Seriously, this album gets better with every listen! With every listen I loved one more song! Almost every song is in the range of really good to absolutely fantastic. The only two songs I still don't dig are "Mission" and "Pillow of your bones".

I can't name a top favourite song, it would be either "Disappearing One", "Sweet Euphoria", "Can't change me" or "When I'm down".

So, show some love for this mindblowing album.

Edited by Spoon87

I haven't listened to it in a while now, but yes, it is amazing, and it's one of my favorite albums. It's perfect to listen to late at night, and not very loud. I agree about Mision and Pillow of Your Bones being way bellow the album average. Although I kinda dig POYB, there's something about the chorus. I'd say Steel Rain also isn't exceptional, I'd rate about equal to POYB, but they're both good. So Mission is the only one sub par, everything else is mindblowing. Preaching the End of the World and Sweet Euphoria are my favorites.

I was talking to someone about Temple of the Dog recently and I told them this: put together TOTD and every other album by anyone that played on TOTD (Soundgarden, Cornell solo, Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone etc). Temple of the Dog is my favorite out of the bunch, clearly, no question about it, miles ahead. Then I added: ok, maybe Euphoria Morning for a close second..

I haven't listened to it in a while now, but yes, it is amazing, and it's one of my favorite albums. It's perfect to listen to late at night, and not very loud. I agree about Mision and Pillow of Your Bones being way bellow the album average. Although I kinda dig POYB, there's something about the chorus. I'd say Steel Rain also isn't exceptional, I'd rate about equal to POYB, but they're both good. So Mission is the only one sub par, everything else is mindblowing. Preaching the End of the World and Sweet Euphoria are my favorites

Fuck yes, "Preaching the End of the World" is also such a sweet, mellow, yet really sad song! The whole album has this sad vibe, which makes it perfect for late-night listening-sessions.

"Steel Rain" is way above POYB and Mission, the way he belts out that chorus is just :ph34r: .

Its actually an amazing album! The same happens with every chris cornell solo album, first time you listen to it its kinda like, meh, but gets better and better and soon your fixed! Happened with scream, just the idea of that album seemed crap, but cant stop listning to it!

Its actually an amazing album! The same happens with every chris cornell solo album, first time you listen to it its kinda like, meh, but gets better and better and soon your fixed! Happened with scream, just the idea of that album seemed crap, but cant stop listning to it!

Wow really? for me Scream is the definition of a bad album.

Exactly!!!

I have discarded most Cornell albums to the junk pile. Then I rediscovered them, and they became soundtracks to my life.

Euphoria Morning is such a great album, but it has to be listened to at the right time in someone's life. Really great though.

Also, Carry On is a great album too.

I'd love to add more to this thread, but Shearaxl said what I would have said.

On that note, I need another Cornell album. It's definitely time. Whether it's with Soundgarden or solo.

I listened to euphoria morning for the first time in pretty much forever earlier tonight and it's definitely a good album. not amazing, but it's easily cornell's best solo effort although that's not really saying much considering that carry on was mediocre and scream was terrible. I'd rank it above all three audioslave albums too.

Wow really? for me Scream is the definition of a bad album.

Really really. Well thats what i thought, just gotta keep whacking it on and soon you'll love it.

Chris cornell is easy my fav musician. Some people find him boring like, dont know why.