Is GNR currently accepting applications for a new manager?

saber_

this the funniest thread ever! :rofl-lol:

cool for you to star it :thumbsup:

some of you, who replied already have a good sense of management Axl. you really understand the guy so :thumbsup: to you.

the one who said he'll start it by a drinking session is my favorite,

and I think he has a valid point.

and the rest of you, who expect to be fired in the first 5 min, well you got it! B)

well, first of first, I'd ask Axl why does he want a manager? what for?

what does he want to do with GNR?

after I get his answer, I'd calculate the time and the process needed to get things done,

and inform him about it, and that's the way I intended to do my job,

so after I'll get his approval, I'd start doing all the necessary things to accomplish the management target I got from him.

so, if a music manager would act like this, or something like it,

I guess all things would be grate between them.

and now to get a little crazy here,

I'd tell him to put out the rest of Chinese Democracy music as a double album.

I'd manage then this with the music company.

to make around 4 music videos and launch 2 of them in the same time with the singles, which would be release by a time spam of 2 weeks one after the other.

then, after another 2 weeks the albums would be release,

then, after another 2 weeks the other 2 videos would be put out there.

so, with 4 great music videos in GNR style, with 4 great songs

(which ever of them, because, this is how I like each song that I know of GNR, that each of them could have had a video)

GNR would be all over the place,

and the success of selling the albums would be immense,

kind of the UYI.

and you know why?

because that's why UYI sold that good, because they were promoted through music videos - that's how I got into GNR in the first place, and that's how a fresh new generation of teens would get into them all over again.

so, then the same people would get back to Chinese Democracy as they did back then in the '90,

after they heard UYI, loved the songs, and decided to have all GNR discography - that's how I did it,

and that's how a lot of people react when they get into a new band (for them new).

and my guess would be, that around 5 mil of people would increase the numbers of GNR fans, in one year.

then whenever they, the band would feel prepare for another world tour, I'd get things done so that they could do it.

so, do I have the job or what?

this the funniest thread ever! :rofl-lol:

cool for you to star it :thumbsup:

some of you, who replied already have a good sense of management Axl. you really understand the guy so :thumbsup: to you.

the one who said he'll start it by a drinking session is my favorite,

and I think he has a valid point.

and the rest of you, who expect to be fired in the first 5 min, well you got it! B)

well, first of first, I'd ask Axl why does he want a manager? what for?

what does he want to do with GNR?

after I get his answer, I'd calculate the time and the process needed to get things done,

and inform him about it, and that's the way I intended to do my job,

so after I'll get his approval, I'd start doing all the necessary things to accomplish the management target I got from him.

so, if a music manager would act like this, or something like it,

I guess all things would be grate between them.

and now to get a little crazy here,

I'd tell him to put out the rest of Chinese Democracy music as a double album.

I'd manage then this with the music company.

to make around 4 music videos and launch 2 of them in the same time with the singles, which would be release by a time spam of 2 weeks one after the other.

then, after another 2 weeks the albums would be release,

then, after another 2 weeks the other 2 videos would be put out there.

so, with 4 great music videos in GNR style, with 4 great songs

(which ever of them, because, this is how I like each song that I know of GNR, that each of them could have had a video)

GNR would be all over the place,

and the success of selling the albums would be immense,

kind of the UYI.

and you know why?

because that's why UYI sold that good, because they were promoted through music videos - that's how I got into GNR in the first place, and that's how a fresh new generation of teens would get into them all over again.

so, then the same people would get back to Chinese Democracy as they did back then in the '90,

after they heard UYI, loved the songs, and decided to have all GNR discography - that's how I did it,

and that's how a lot of people react when they get into a new band (for them new).

and my guess would be, that around 5 mil of people would increase the numbers of GNR fans, in one year.

then whenever they, the band would feel prepare for another world tour, I'd get things done so that they could do it.

so, do I have the job or what?

I wish you did.

I think that would go just peachy. Axl loves to be forced. Always great results. :thumbsup:

Exactly, and :lol: .

The first thing I'd do is say "Um... there must be some mistake, I've never managed a band, sorry to have troubled you." Cuz I can't manage a band and it would be horrific results, and I'd be fuck'n up the best one!

Funny as hell thread though, agreed.

If you were Guns n Roses' manager, what would you do?

- Fire half of the band and retire the entourage for a while.

- Release the leftovers as box set type of release and score soundtracks and commercials to get money and rid of that material.

- Call Izzy, Duff, Steven and Slash.

- Lock the guys into a room with no windows, no phone, no internet but lots of instruments and booze and a non Pro Tools recording device for two weeks.

- Release the result as the comeback album named "Guns N' Roses".

- Worldwide TV / radio / internet broadcast of reunion show and tour announcement.

- Reunite Led Zeppelin (+ Jason Bonham) and arrange co-headlining world tour.

- If Izzy and Steven don't feel like touring go with Richard and Frank. No CD/VR material.

- Retire.

:)

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

How the hell could you get the original line up into the studio? Nothing would be written or recorded because they are all so different musically now.

- Fire half of the band and retire the entourage for a while.

- Release the leftovers as box set type of release and score soundtracks and commercials to get money and rid of that material.

- Call Izzy, Duff, Steven and Slash.

- Lock the guys into a room with no windows, no phone, no internet but lots of instruments and booze and a non Pro Tools recording device for two weeks.

- Release the result as the comeback album named "Guns N' Roses".

- Worldwide TV / radio / internet broadcast of reunion show and tour announcement.

- Reunite Led Zeppelin (+ Jason Bonham) and arrange co-headlining world tour.

- If Izzy and Steven don't feel like touring go with Richard and Frank. No CD/VR material.

- Retire.

:)

This is close enough to what I would do.

And this is the reason why you aren't real manager.

Me, I would force 'em in the studio to whip up a new album. I have no doubt I would be successful with that endeavor. ; )

I would invite Axl and Beta and friends, for dinner in a posh hollywood restaurant. If they'd accept, I'd do whatever it takes so that there wouldn't be anyone else there besides our crew and the restaurant staff.

After desserts, I'd order some drinks for everyone. Then I'd introduce the idea to Axl, that I would love to try to arrange for two months of studio time so that I'd get everyone in the new gang in the same place at the same time, to write and record maybe some new stuff. Just to see if anything comes out of it, no pressure and no strings attached. I'd tell Axl to sleep on it and that I'd call him the following evening to discuss this idea. I'd make it obvious that I would be willing to engage in all the hassle that would come out of trying to fit in everyones schedule like that.

The next evening, I'd call their house and see if I'm fired or not.

If I'm not fired, I'd tell him that it's all good, and to, if he feels like it, maybe write some lyrics down or whatever.

~10 months later, a two month Nu-GNR recording spree would ensue.

And boy would I love to be there to see what comes of it.

Hmm. First things first, get everyone minus DJ/Frank together, and get the general consensus on what capacity we should continue in. For all intents and purposes, I would try like hell to get Robin and Brain back, but it would have to be something that all parties agree on. If DJ/Frank both stay, that's great, too. Both amazingly talented.

*Once we get the line-up down, we announce a re-launch of 'Chinese Democracy', to be available May 17th. Above all, this album will be available at all retailers, and will be treated as a complete product re-launch with new cover art, a completely revamped (and correct) liner notes, photos, lyrics, etc.. The main album will remain as previously released, but will include a bonus disc that includes remixed and/or alternate versions of songs from the album (including earlier versions of "Street of Dreams" ('The Blues'), 'Madagascar', and 'Chinese Democracy', and remixes of 'Shackler's Revenge' and 'If the World'). On the same day, a 6-song EP will also be released, this one as a Best Buy exclusive, to include 6 previously unreleased tracks. Those tracks will be later determined.

*Once release plans are concrete, everyone reconvenes to the fort, and we set 1 month aside to record new material. After we've come up with at least what we feel is an album's worth of material, we begin to put things in motion for the follow up release. We'd begin to sort through older, top-tier material and see what good we could pull from it. We will lock in the track listing by beginning of April, and lock it down. No tampering, no modifying, it's done. 6 of those tracks that aren't used will be included on the Best Buy EP.

*A wise man once used the term "monumental promotion". No lie this time. We will coordinate a cover-story and sit-down with Rolling Stone magazine, with the interview to be conducted by music and pop culture critic Chuck Klosterman. Various band members will take part in many, many promotional activities such as Guitar World magazine, Game with Fame on XBOX Live, Yahoo! Live sessions, online chats, and a 90-minute tv special that will air on MTV, MTV2, Vh1, and Vh1 Classic. "Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy - A Revolution in the Making" will include studio footage, live footage, behind the scenes footage, and sit down interviews with Axl Rose, as well as the entire band, all conducted by the legendary Kurt Loder.

*In the month leading up to the album release, we will play a few small, intimate shows in the US, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Nashville, Las Vegas, Boston, and Miami. We will hold online contests and drawings allowing the true fans into these intense, intimate shows. Television performances will take place on all major late-night shows, including 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno', 'Late Night with David Letterman', 'Conan', 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon', as well as possible appearances on 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart' and something special on FUSE.

*During our promotional blitz, we will be uploading and releasing exclusive material to members of our newly launched 'GNR FNFC' (Guns N' Roses Fuckin' Fan Club). Oh, and did I mention when you join, you get an ULTRA-EXCLUSIVE copy of the infamous "re-recorded" 'Appetite'. And yeah, we'll also finally open up our brand spankin', new GNRShop.com

*Leading up to the album release, we will release 'Better' as the lead off single, complete with a new video, and a week later, we will release 'If the World' as the second single, again, with a new video. 'There Was A Time', 'This I Love', 'Shackler's Revenge', and 'Sorry' will also be released as we go.

*The all-new follow up album, which will simply be titled 'Guns N' Roses', will be released on September 13th. We will continue to release more information as we see fit and grow closer. On October 28th, we will launch our full-on North American tour, with supporting act Black Stone Cherry. We will hit ALL markets, yes, even Vancouver and Philly. Still not sure about St. Louis ;)

TiedHands - epic. That's what we need. Everything that should be done is there. Fucking brilliant.

If I was manager:

- Try and get the band in the studio or at least release some kind of vault leftovers

- Make sure more people are aware of them and see the music is legitimately good even under the label it currently is.

- Put out a DVD release and pay-per-view event.

Just something to make it seem like Guns actually want to do something.

Edited by Guest

easy,

first off, get the 'current' band out there and branded big time.

Release a music video of 'Blood in the water' , in the video showcase each of the members in some way, so everyone knows who is in guns n roses.

Release blood in the water on itunes and just promote the fuck of it on youtube/myspace/facebook/twitter,

Let Axl do some cryptic messages on twitter (i.e just let him talk normally on twitter) and create some buzz like nine inch nails did that time with their album,

Re release CD package it with a concert dvd, along with a HD of the music video, do tshirts,guitar pics, bandannas , rons beard people can buy lol like fancy dress,

just brand the fuck out of the band to the general public.