MYGNR US Tour Date 1st Show Pregame Bar Party??

Birk

Well not sure how many of you were at the 1st NY Hammerstain show in 2006, but i was there, and we had a meeting of MYGNR members at some bar called Mustangs or something like that. Considering its been 4yrs since GNR has played the US besides the 1 biker show, i plan on flying to wherever the first show is for the night, and hoping we can maybe do something like we did in 06. Whomever was there please do a shout out. I did remember meeting a handicapped gnr fan there, and we carried him up the stairs to the 2nd floor and brought his wheelchair up there, and GNR was blasting..god was i wasted there... This is all assuming there is a US Tour.

I liked the guy wearing the homemade "Mysteron" t-shirt. And the G4 film crew.

I still have a pen from Mustang Harry's.

'06 = so much hope / such a letdown.

Well we did hear TWAT for the first time ever being played live..i had a great time at that show.

Mustang Harry's! Yes I was there for the pregame before the 4th show. Went upstairs and there were about 10 ppl hanging out from the forum. I remember talking about the band, the album that we thought we would get by Thanksgiving, and how lame HTGTH was compared to our forum.

I even had my old forum name then... I was Outtagetme until I was banned for no reason in 2008 after bombing HTGTH with some truth. I felt like I had been extradited back to HTGTH for punishment even though I had only been a reasonable contributing member to this forum and the message board that preceded it back in 1999 - 2001 time frame.

I remember after the gig there was rumors of where the band was, but my friend was so drunk from doing tons of shots at mustang harrys we made it to some motel to pass out, but i would like to do the same this year...what are the odds of meeting axl outside after a gig?

I would say a good 30-40 people were at the bar the 1st show.

Edited by Birk

I was so drunk at the show, i even tried to jump on stage during Paradise City, like right towards the end which the streamers shoot everywhere, i must say in mid air i was tackled by security and thrown out the backdoor, not sure what i was thinking, i guess drinking for 12hrs straight can cause dumb shit to happen. I was first row the whole 1st set, and noone there knew Madagascar at that time, except hardcore fans obviously and Better was just leaked recently before that i believe.

Edited by Birk

I was at Mustang Harry's before the first show. I remember we left there a bit late thinking that we wouldn't have to wait in line at Hammerstein, but I guess everybody else did the same thing because the lineup was around the block when we got there. There was a lot of puke on the floor as we walked out of Hammerstein that night.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't think they have a usual starting point. But I'm the same way. Thinking about going to the tour opener no matter where it is, then hitting the cities around Detroit later.

NY was kinda cool, i just flew out that morning and went home the next day, if the first show is a festival i will not go. It has to be a venue.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I know most of you will disagree with this but :lol:

I can't understand people who come to gigs and spend their time in and out getting drinks and missing the show. I also don't understand why you'd get so wasted you don't remember what is going on :shrugs:

I can't understand people who come to gigs and spend their time in and out getting drinks and missing the show. I also don't understand why you'd get so wasted you don't remember what is going on :shrugs:

Well when you fly from chicago and land in NY and meet abunch of GNR fans at a bar, you get wasted...i do agree not to get to ripped...but fuck it, its New York!!!! Dont be jealous cause you werent there ;)

I was at Mustang Harry's before the first show. I remember we left there a bit late thinking that we wouldn't have to wait in line at Hammerstein, but I guess everybody else did the same thing because the lineup was around the block when we got there. There was a lot of puke on the floor as we walked out of Hammerstein that night.

Is there any pics from Mustang Harrys???

Well when you fly from chicago and land in NY and meet abunch of GNR fans at a bar, you get wasted...i do agree not to get to ripped...but fuck it, its New York!!!! Dont be jealous cause you werent there ;)

:lol: Can't argue with that. Seeing GN'R in NY would be insane. I think if this tour is imminent (almost!?) I need to get saving. You have given me a new goal. Thanks!

Is there any pics from Mustang Harrys???

I don't have any.

:lol: Can't argue with that. Seeing GN'R in NY would be insane. I think if this tour is imminent (almost!?) I need to get saving. You have given me a new goal. Thanks!

Its worth it for 1 night 2 day stay, after a GNR show and waking up the next day you are ready to go home lol....

Its worth it for 1 night 2 day stay, after a GNR show and waking up the next day you are ready to go home lol....

If I'm going to fly to NY I'm coming for a week at least. The place is so amazing :wub:

Can get some shopping in too hehe

Well not sure how many of you were at the 1st NY Hammerstain show in 2006, but i was there, and we had a meeting of MYGNR members at some bar called Mustangs or something like that. Considering its been 4yrs since GNR has played the US besides the 1 biker show, i plan on flying to wherever the first show is for the night, and hoping we can maybe do something like we did in 06. Whomever was there please do a shout out. I did remember meeting a handicapped gnr fan there, and we carried him up the stairs to the 2nd floor and brought his wheelchair up there, and GNR was blasting..god was i wasted there... This is all assuming there is a US Tour.

Thanks for carrying my plastered ass back down the stairs, too!

I remember losing my shoe on the way down...HA

My wife and I had our chairs flailing around all night with the utter insanity that being crammed up front by the bass amp usually involves...Got an unexpected flying lap dance from Robin...Amazing set of nights they were

Edited by oneway23