Is Slash still doing something that pisses off Axl?

stratus

Slash has refered to nugnr as Axl's employees (that is what they are). He has also said when asked about a reunion that it won't happen. He says he has moved on. And that Axl and his band seem to be doing well. Axl will almost be saying the same things if he ever does an honest interview again.

Tbh, he has said that he doesn't like any of Slash's work since his days in GN'R and that it seems he's lost his inspiration. I don't think we'll be hearing Axl saying Slash seems to be doing well anytime soon, unfortunately.

Do you have a link to where axl said that specifically?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash has refered to nugnr as Axl's employees (that is what they are). He has also said when asked about a reunion that it won't happen. He says he has moved on. And that Axl and his band seem to be doing well. Axl will almost be saying the same things if he ever does an honest interview again.

Tbh, he has said that he doesn't like any of Slash's work since his days in GN'R and that it seems he's lost his inspiration. I don't think we'll be hearing Axl saying Slash seems to be doing well anytime soon, unfortunately.

Do you have a link to where axl said that specifically?

It's either from the Mygnr chats or the "recent" Del James interview

I think what would probably make Axl upset more than anything would be if Slash never listened to Chinese Democracy (along with Erin Everly and Stephanie Seymour). I know from interviews that Slash said he heard it, and liked it maybe on the radio but it didn't sound like he listened to it the whole way through. I don't know for sure.

Last interview I read in the New York Post years back quoting Stephanie Seymour (still married at the time to that rich guy) and she didn't have anything positive to say in response to a question on Axl Rose. I think she has moved on and probably doesn't care anymore.

I haven't read anything about Erin Everly but she probably moved on a long time ago. I really don't know anything bout her.

Except for the song 'Chinese Democracy', much of the album is personally directed at people as in "I'm sorry for you." I think I remember Axl Saying in the New York Post like in 2002 that he wanted Stephanie's son Dylan to hear it.

I think Axl wanted people he knew personally to hear the album more than the fans.

Slash, as well as Duff (only ones that matter in this regard), were freakin JUNKIES from 88-94. These guys weren't just getting high, they nearly died several times and were barely able to speak or reason. It is entirely reasonable that Axl during this time gained more and more ownership over the band. Axl was the band leader, biggest contributor to the music itself as well as the bands founder. Given the circumstances it seems impossible for anything else than what happened to have happened.

Axl is mostly pissed off at Slash for the media witchhunt that ensued after the breakup. I think Slash did play a part but not as big as Axl probably thinks, Axl's the biggest rock star in the world, it comes with the territory.

For a reunion to ever happen, IMO, Slash needs to come out and publically tell Axl, 'dude i'm sorry for my part in the media lynching that still goes on to this day'. I was under substance abuse and could barely reason, everything that happened is not entirely Axl's fault.

Whether justified or not, right or not, i think that such a statement must happen for a reunion to even start to be contemplated by Axl.

it is hard to believe Axl cancelled a tour AND became suicidal to a degree where he could not be left alone because of an incident that had happened 10 years ago.

NO the fuck it isnt! Half of Chinese Democracy is about shit that happend 10-15v years prior. He obviously holds on to everything, doesnt apologize, and doesnt take responsibility for anything he has done wrong.

And YES, please post links to were Slash bashes Axl in the media bc I havent seen it. Prove me Wrong PLEEEZ!

I have seen him either dismiss Axl questions, say their having creative differeces, or say POSiTIVE things about Axl, but never anything remotely like he is a CANCER and shit like that.

I Hope the Steph Seymore story is true because I find it Hillarious!

it is hard to believe Axl cancelled a tour AND became suicidal to a degree where he could not be left alone because of an incident that had happened 10 years ago.

NO the fuck it isnt! Half of Chinese Democracy is about shit that happend 10-15v years prior. He obviously holds on to everything, doesnt apologize, and doesnt take responsibility for anything he has done wrong.

And YES, please post links to were Slash bashes Axl in the media bc I havent seen it. Prove me Wrong PLEEEZ!

I have seen him either dismiss Axl questions, say their having creative differeces, or say POSiTIVE things about Axl, but never anything remotely like he is a CANCER and shit like that.

Actually I find you as well as the insane accusations hilarious, you aren't here to discuss, you are here to incite and spread lies,this has become bullshit piled higher and deeper,if you had bothered to read the statements slash has made over the years,you would have your answer,and your speculations are unfounded,speculative,uninformed,bitter,and hateful,as well as erroneous,I'm really finding it impossible to take you seriously,get a real life so you can worry about your own life instead of committing character assasination and slander on someone you are obviously enamored with,supporting and spreading shit lies is not needed nor appreciated,Slash is and will always be a junkie,alchoholic, once that addiction is established; and nourished as long as it was,it is always a factor,even if dormant,This entire thread has descended from discussion into a cesspool clusterfuck of epic proportions,and hopefully will be abandoned now by anyone with common fucking sense so that the

idiots and assholes can escalate it into extinction.

you'll be waiting a long time.

Actually I find you as well as the insane accusations hilarious, you aren't here to discuss, you are here to incite and spread lies,this has become bullshit piled higher and deeper,if you had bothered to read the statements slash has made over the years,you would have your answer,and your speculations are unfounded,speculative,uninformed,bitter,and hateful,as well as erroneous,I'm really finding it impossible to take you seriously,get a real life so you can worry about your own life instead of committing character assasination and slander on someone you are obviously enamored with,supporting and spreading shit lies is not needed nor appreciated,Slash is and will always be a junkie,alchoholic, once that addiction is established; and nourished as long as it was,it is always a factor,even if dormant,This entire thread has descended from discussion into a cesspool clusterfuck of epic proportions,and hopefully will be abandoned now by anyone with common fucking sense so that the

Trilogy:

You didnt give me a link. Hell, just name the intervew and Ill find it myself. I really want to know why you hate Slash, besides his Sparlky tophat or his Fergie duet ( which was a terrible performance, on FERGIES PART, but no reason to hate him). Where is this slanderous media frenzy? What specific lies am I spreadin exactly? YOU SIR ARE PATHETIC.

I have heard Slash say things along the lines of, Axl is difficult to work with or the band turned into dictatorship. These are things echoed anyone from any old lineup. Truth is Axl was hours late for many shows, walked off stage countless times, encited riots,cancelled shows, showed up in Chicago for the illusion sessions eight weeks late , hired and fired band members without consulting anyone, all for no reason. Axl didnt need drugs to fuck up the band, he could just be himself. If your so-antidrugs mabey you should go post on a Martha Stewart forum, this is rock n roll, YOU R DEFINATELY NOT!

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Trilogy:

You didnt give me a link. Hell, just name the intervew and Ill find it myself. I really want to know why you hate Slash, besides his Sparlky tophat or his Fergie duet ( which was a terrible performance, on FERGIES PART, but no reason to hate him). Where is this slanderous media frenzy? What specific lies am I spreadin exactly? YOU SIR ARE PATHETIC.

Wicked, Your wasting your time debating with Trilogy as he will never acknowledge that Axl is responsible for anything that happend in the past no matter how much proof you produce...As far as he is concerned Axl can do no wrong and Slash is the antichrist...don't waste your breath........

Nope, I'm done with this topic,arguing with ignorant lying,shit spreading assholes,am copy/reporting this thread

So you fuckheads can have fun rolling in your pathetic little circle jerk of bullshit and lies,I won't be a part of this.

Trilogy:

I have heard Slash say things along the lines of, Axl is difficult to work with or the band turned into dictatorship. These are things echoed anyone from any old lineup. Truth is Axl was hours late for many shows, walked off stage countless times, encited riots,cancelled shows, showed up in Chicago for the illusion sessions eight weeks late , hired and fired band members without consulting anyone, all for no reason. Axl didnt need drugs to fuck up the band, he could just be himself. If your so-antidrugs mabey you should go post on a Martha Stewart forum, this is rock n roll, YOU R DEFINATELY NOT!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

im a fan of new guns, but honestly, they are kind of pathetic aren't they? And whose fault is that? Slash's? Nah ...

Again, that's besides the point. Whether or not GN'R (ala 2001 onwards) is “pathetic” is irrelevant. I expect Slash to be man enough to refrain from pettiness (e.g. referring to Bumblefoot, Dj etc. as “Axl's Hired Guns”). Have you ever heard Ron goad Slash with a remark such as “Fergie's Hired Gun”?

Slash was the lead guitarist of GnR when thy were at the height of their power. he had a hand in writing most of the music the band is famous for and like Axl is one of the most recognizable icons form the old band. People are always going to associate him with GnR just as they will associate Macca with the Beatles even though he has a successful solo career.

I will have to take your word for it that he refers to Axl's current band mates as "hired guns" but lets be honest that is pretty much what they are Yes? They are Axl's employees who have yet to write and record a note of original music together so what would you call them? I find it interesting people get pissed at Slash for stating the truth when asked during an interview....

I have no problem with Slash's historical association with Guns N' Roses. My issue is with the false notion that Slash continues to play a part in GN'R (in that the concept ceased to exist upon his departure in 1996). Slash actively fuels that idea (through subtly dissing Guns N' Roses post-himself as illegitimate etc.).

Whether or not GN'R (ala 2001 onwards) is “pathetic” is irrelevant. I expect Slash to be man enough to refrain from pettiness (e.g. referring to Bumblefoot, Dj etc. as “Axl's Hired Guns”). Have you ever heard Ron goad Slash with a remark such as “Fergie's Hired Gun”? There's simply no place in professionalism for these sorts of antics.

Trilogy:

Wicked, Your wasting your time debating with Trilogy as he will never acknowledge that Axl is responsible for anything that happend in the past no matter how much proof you produce...As far as he is concerned Axl can do no wrong and Slash is the antichrist...don't waste your breath........

Nope, I'm done with this topic,arguing with ignorant lying,shit spreading assholes,am copy/reporting this thread

So you fuckheads can have fun rolling in your pathetic little circle jerk of bullshit and lies,I won't be a part of this.

Dude YOU are the one spewing hateful bullshit towards Slash for no good reason.

Whether or not GN'R (ala 2001 onwards) is pathetic is irrelevant. I expect Slash to be man enough to refrain from pettiness (e.g. referring to Bumblefoot, Dj etc. as Axl's Hired Guns). Have you ever heard Ron goad Slash with a remark such as Fergie's Hired Gun? There's simply no place in professionalism for these sorts of antics.

NuGNR are Axl's hired guns! Slash referred to them as Axl's employess which is what they are. Why would Ron refer to Slash as Fergie's Hired Gun. As far as I know Ferigie has not paid Slash to do anything. Most of their appearances have been for charity or to promote her part in Slash's solo record. If anyone was paid for their part in the solo record it would have been Slash paying Fergie. No one was paid anything for their SB appearance except expenses.

Edited by sleeper

No individual can be blamed for the demise of that incarnation of GN'R. It was a collective effort.

I will be the first to say that no one is perfect. Im sure Slash, Duff, Izzy, all did things at times that weren't the best. But they all say the same things about Axl. Im going to beive the ones who are somewhat stable. There is no conspiracy against Axl Rose. I really doubt those guys give a fuck.

Slash had a story in his book that really drove home my opinion of Axls character. Slash was driving with axl somewhere and Slash asks Axl to please apologize to his GRANDMOTHER for telling her to, "FUCK OFF". Axl was asleep on her couch and she asked him to please move back downstairs where she was LETTING HIM LIVE, so she could watch her soap operas, and he told Slash's grandmother to, FUCK OFF. When Slash asked him to apologize, Axl opened the car door and jumped out onto freeway from a car going 60 miles an hour.

This is the sory of a man with a mind full of problems that I will never understand and a person who is completely irrational.

No doubt Slash n co. had their part in it. Hell, Slash quit. HE left. But it was due to the way AXL acted and the walk offs, the cancelled shows, the no-shows, the no comunication, extravigant tour spending. I could go on forever. Slash was on heroin.......just like the majority of famous rock stars are at one point or another. AT least he SHOWED UP FOR HIS JOB.

No individual can be blamed for the demise of that incarnation of GN'R. It was a collective effort.

Slash was on heroin.......just like the majority of famous rock stars are at one point or another. AT least he SHOWED UP FOR HIS JOB.

Nice. Slash was on heroin, but, hey, so were a majority of famous rock stars. So, no big deal, right? :rolleyes:

Maybe the addictions of Slash and Duff made were issues in and of themselves and created other issues that affected the band, more specifically Axl? All I'm saying is don't discount and dismiss the seriousness of addiction and the effects it can have on trust in working and personal relationships. Maybe the addictions and everything that went with it were the contributions those guys made to the demise of the old band?

I agree that it was most likely a collective effort. Everyone plays a role in a dysfunctional dynamic like that.

Ali

Slash was on heroin.......just like the majority of famous rock stars are at one point or another. AT least he SHOWED UP FOR HIS JOB.

Nice. Slash was on heroin, but, hey, so were a majority of famous rock stars. So, no big deal, right? :rolleyes:

Maybe the addictions of Slash and Duff made were issues in and of themselves and created other issues that affected the band, more specifically Axl? All I'm saying is don't discount and dismiss the seriousness of addiction and the effects it can have on trust in working and personal relationships. Maybe the addictions and everything that went with it were the contributions those guys made to the demise of the old band?

I agree that it was most likely a collective effort. Everyone plays a role in a dysfunctional dynamic like that.

Ali

Well Ali...........How did this effect the band? Because unless you have examples of times were their drug use effected them doin their job, then you are just speculating. Axl did drugs too. He even admitted to using Heroin on ocassion. The drug excuse is just that.........an excuse for Axlites to use because they have nothing else to pin on Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt.

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No doubt Slash n co. had their part in it. Hell, Slash quit. HE left. But it was due to the way AXL acted and the walk offs, the cancelled shows, the no-shows, the no comunication, extravigant tour spending. I could go on forever. Slash was on heroin.......just like the majority of famous rock stars are at one point or another. AT least he SHOWED UP FOR HIS JOB.

Axl is eccentric. Certainly he might have played a more significant role than others but he can't be solely blamed (especially considering his “incompetences” mightn't necessarily be of his own accord – mental complexities etc.). Slash had a drug problem (not justified even in that scene of drug normality). Duff had an alcohol issue. Izzy was eccentric but in ways different to Axl. Steven was well...need I say more?

The reality is that whilst Guns N' Roses (late eighties or “Appetite” edition) couldn't have been more able music wise, those who comprised the then line-up couldn't have been more incompatible as people.

Axl's adamance or stubbornness (whatever way you're looking at it) can rub people up the wrong way. On one hand you have a majority seeking to sustain Guns' hard rock roots and on the other you have Axl wanting to pursue something else entirely. You can say “oh well why didn't Axl operate in accordance with the democratic will of the band” or “I believe in Axl and whatever he perceives to be in the best interests of Guns N' Roses is in the best interests of GN'R”. It's yet another subjective matter.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

And Axl got in a coma after he took an overdose of medication.

Axl is eccentric. Certainly he might have played a more significant role than others but he can't be solely blamed (especially considering his “incompetences” mightn't necessarily be of his own accord – mental complexities etc.). Slash had a drug problem (not justified even in that scene of drug normality). Duff had an alcohol issue. Izzy was eccentric but in ways different to Axl. Steven was well...need I say more?

The reality is that whilst Guns N' Roses (late eighties or “Appetite” edition) couldn't have been more able music wise, those who comprised the then line-up couldn't have been more incompatible as people.

Axl's adamance or stubbornness (whatever way you're looking at it) can rub people up the wrong way. On one hand you have a majority seeking to sustain Guns' hard rock roots and on the other you have Axl wanting to pursue something else entirely. You can say “oh well why didn't Axl operate in accordance with the democratic will of the band” or “I believe in Axl and whatever he perceives to be in the best interests of Guns N' Roses is in the best interests of GN'R”. It's yet another subjective matter.

I can respect that reply...

Trilogy:

whatever he's said countless times that axl is dragging the GNR in the mud i mean WTF????

what do you call butchinering GNR classics with fergie?????

you know what he can fuck off and so can all his loser supporters (he doesnt have many left because that superbowl "performance" really killed all credibility he had)

ALSO it is and always has been Axl's band he can fire who the fuck he wants when he wants.

whatever he's said countless times that axl is dragging the GNR in the mud i mean WTF????

I dont understand what you are trying to get across. Slash dragging the GNR name in the mudd. What interview? Be specific.

I didnt like Slash's performance, but no reason to stop liking the guy. He's just working with other people in popualr music and one of Perlas close friends. Mabey Slash just wanted to take the kids to the Superbowl for free( IDK).

You obviously have a deeper issue with Slash to begin with. What is it? Be specific.