Who is the most exciting act around?

JAC185

Until Year of the Black Rainbow I would have easily said Coheed & Cambria, their material was so involving and exciting that keeping up with them was a joy. Their last album was such a horrendous disappointment that I don't know if I'd say I'm excited for the next, but if they return to form...

I'm finding myself loving Coheed lately, it really intrigues me how they have a running storyline throughout all of their music. I'd say it's unheard of but I'm not sure on that, but I do love the band. (I also like Black Rainbow...)

For most exciting live act, I'd say Dillinger Escape Plan. They put on an absolute hell of a turbo-charged show, they're the most involved performers I've ever seen. I've seen them work the crowd into such a frenzy they've literally torn the ceiling in the venue apart.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you actually listened to any music they've made over the past decade?! They've essentially ditched the short, speed-metal tracks like 'Run To The Hills' in favour of prog-tinged epics, and they're bloody fantastic at that as well. 'When The Wild Wind Blows' was easily one of the best songs of last year.

Having a style. Most bands, even established ones are lucky if the ever find it.

Although like you mentioned lately with A Matter, and Frontier even that's being stretched to new limits. They definitely left 80s Maiden in the dust ages ago...

Killers owns all other Maiden albums.