[RUMOR] - Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2011

uruguns

According to Argentinan website Glamnation RockParty, brazilian producer TIME FOR FUN, 3rd bigger event promoter in the world is negoating a new South American Tour with Guns N' Roses.

They claimed the concert in Buenos Aires would be on the River Plate Stadium, that shares with the Morumbi Stadium, at São Paulo, Brazil, the title of biggest private stadium in South America, with capacity for 72 thousand each.

Glamnation RockParty claimed to have many contacts with T4F (Time For Fun), and they also said that new information about this new SA Tour will be revealed soon.

Guns N' Roses latest South American Tour, last year, was fully managed by T4F and it was a major sucess, with great promotion and multiple sell-outs. The concert in Buenos Aires was going to be at the River Plate Stadium, and they even sold the tickets. It was the bigger and fastest sold-out of the whole Chinese Democracy World Tour, selling out in just a few days. But some days after it sold out, the city prohibited rock concerts to happen there, because after AC/DC recording their DVD there, Metallica and Coldplay all in close dates, the neighbourhood was literally being cracked by all the crowd jumping. After the reform, and all the engineering problems fixed, the stadium can now receive rock concerts again.

Guns N' Roses will be the main headliner of the Rock in Rio, the biggest entertainement festival in the world, also on October.

SOURCE: http://www.gnronlinebr.com/time-for-fun-negocia-com-o-guns-n%E2%80%99-roses/

hope it isnt true

1. it'll make rock in rio less magical

2. pretty much proves they can't make it anywhere else

1 It'll make it less magical.. how exactly?

2 Perhaps you should brush up on your "proof."

Oh I forgot, you're one of those people who spends his time discussing ways to cupcake this board over at other gnr boards.

hope it isnt true

Oh I forgot, you're one of those people who spends his time discussing ways to cupcake this board over at other gnr boards.

1. If they go and play 12 identical shows in South America, it'll take away from the magic that is RIR. Unless of course RIR has a special setlist of some sort (which I doubt)

2. why would they tour SA twice without touring USA once?

USA TOUR GOD DAMMIT

I hope Gn´R toured in US this year,but unfortunately most people in US dont pay too much attention to rock music these days..or not?

They can play smaller venues then. American fans are just as important as Brazilian fans. There's no reason to not play for us. :shrugs:

Yes, I agree with you

hope it isnt true

True statement Mindsaber,seen his posts,along with "others" which everybody knows,but I refuse to mention names,unless the mods would like to know :D

Hope it's after Rock In Rio.

RIR has to be the first we see GNR in 2011

Why?

I'd like to see them do at least 5 if not more shows prior to rock in rio, there is no doubt that Axl and the band sound better the longer the tour goes on. They will have been on a year off by rir!

Can't wait though, just get on the road!

I'd like to see them do at least 5 if not more shows prior to rock in rio, there is no doubt that Axl and the band sound better the longer the tour goes on. They will have been on a year off by rir!

YES! They need to do some 'warm-up' shows and shows leading up to RIR to be at their best. Hopefully they'll all be well into their groove and we'll get a killer performance, not a rusty one like say, Reading. Axl coming to perform straight off the couch is not the best. All the tours from recent years, 2007, 2009, 2010 show that he gets much better some way into the tour.

GNR should just do large-venue North American shows where they know they can sell out - New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto. Then maybe do smaller venues in other cities.

What if they did a 3-night stand at MSG like Zeppelin did in the 1970's?

yep. this