Mod team demotions

eRomano

As part of recent turnover of some members of the moderating team (resignations, promotions), the admins and global moderators have analyzed all moderating team positions and has decided to make the following changes:

Kasanova King -> Demoted form the moderating team, moved to Supporter status

Estranged Reality -> Demoted from moderating team, moved to Supporter status

Jackie Moon -> Demoted form the moderating team, moved to Supporter status

On behalf of Forum members, the moderating team wishes to thank those members for their help over time with the Forum. They have all been moved to Supporter status.

Eric (admin)

As part of recent turnover of some members of the moderating team (resignations, promotions), the admins and global moderators have analyzed all moderating team positions and has decided to make the following changes:

On behalf of Forum members, the moderating team wishes to thank those members for their help over time with the Forum. They have all been moved to Supporter status.

Eric (admin)

May I ask specifically why each moderator was demoded?

There is no Roseablity.

on topic, i'm sure ER's negative sentiment toward how eric handled uk subs' demotion was what got him the boot.

I'll give eric the benefit of the doubt. How about the fact, that ER isn't really that active?

Guest gunns5

I was told Gunsguy was promoted but not officiay anyway who cares, lets see if these changes actually change the forum for the better

on topic, i'm sure ER's negative sentiment toward how eric handled uk subs' demotion was what got him the boot.

I'll give eric the benefit of the doubt. How about the fact, that ER isn't really that active?

if that was the reasoning, explain ssicool's promotion. :rolleyes:

Perhaps ssicool was up for demotion and told eric he would be more active?

anyways who are you with two posts? can't post all your bullshit under one username?

pathetic.

ssiscool seems to have fooled us by making posts like crazy in the past few days and creating the illusion he is active when he is infact not. and eric fell for it.

You've barely been here a week, yet you seem to think you know the forum politics?

Stop being a bitch.........BITCH!!

Post your bullshit under the name we know, PUSSY!!!

calm down son

Post your bullshit under the name we know, PUSSY!!!

looks like sunny's jerking off over the phone ass is bucking for his own promotion. :rolleyes:

you caught me........but at least, I post all my BULLSHIT on one account.

Eric (admin)

May I ask specifically why each moderator was demoded?

There is no Roseablity.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Just because I haven't been posting as much lately doesn't mean I haven't been around or handling reports, though I will admit that recent events left me somewhat less-than-motivated. I don't think people understand that a lot of times the moderators are working hard behind-the-scenes and people don't even realize they're there (and I'm not just talking about myself -- Mont' and zint have constantly been moderating lately and you might not have even noticed).

The most amusing part about this, to me, is that I didn't receive any sort of advance notice from Eric. I didn't even realize I'd been demoted until I saw this topic. I do find the fact that I was apparently randomly demoted rather interesting given what I had been told about my future as part of the staff just a few weeks prior, but I don't want to be accused of airing dirty laundry or causing the thread to head south. I'm not really upset about the demotion. I had a feeling it would happen when I spoke my mind in the UK SUBS thread, and if that's the price to pay for being honest then I can live with that. I can't say it doesn't hurt just a little bit, though, to be kinda dismissed without so much as a quick "Thanks." Moderators here aren't paid and devote a huge chunk of their personal lives to helping out, so in that regard it feels a bit insulting to get the can in such a manner.

Nevertheless, it was an honor to help moderate the forum and I had a great time "working" with Montrealer, zint, highvoltage and Subsy in particular. They're great guys. And I love the MyGNR community or I never would have invested the time in the first place.

- ER

Edited by Estranged Reality

I didn't receive any sort of advance notice from Eric. I didn't even realize I'd been demoted until I saw this topic

words for the new mods to keep in mind you will recieve no pay and no respect for your hard work in the end .

The decision to remove Estranged Reality from the mod team is a really poor one (in my opinion). Then to do so in the manner ER has described in his post is just really poor form - Words just escape me!

I got on with all mods really well and infact (just incase anyone thinks myself and ER set this up to be you know ...'in it together') he actually is a person I rarely speak with. I appreciate his HONESTY in supporting me and in doing so, it's fairly clear what went down as a consiquence of that fact.

I think the board lost one it its most under-rated mods. But hey, just my honest opinion.

By the way, no offense at all to JM and KK.

Edited by UK Subs

Interesting how ER wasn't even warned

He warned himself no?

ER: "If Eric wishes to terminate my position as a moderator after reading this, I don't blame him and I will accept the consequences of my actions."

or thanked before getting demoted

He was thanked in the first post in this thread.

Interesting how ER wasn't even warned

He warned himself no?

ER: "If Eric wishes to terminate my position as a moderator after reading this, I don't blame him and I will accept the consequences of my actions."

or thanked before getting demoted

He was thanked in the first post in this thread.

Well as I said, it wasn't really the fact that I was demoted that surprised me, but the fact that I had to see this thread a day or two after the fact to realize it. :shrugs: I guess I would have just expected a little note beforehand or at least some fashion of a heads-up.

I appreciate the kind words from people both here and in private but I don't want to make a big deal out of this. ( :violin: ) Shit happens. I guess I was just a little hurt by how it happened? Oh well -- the new moderators that have been chosen are great posters and I think they'll do a solid job. :thumbsup: Time to move on.

I guess I would have just expected a little note beforehand or at least some fashion of a heads-up.

I guess I was just a little hurt by how it happened?

I understand your point..but you do recall what you wrote about the guy right?

You wanted a thank-you card from him for that?

I'm not judging what you wrote,but you did write it,for all to see.

I completely agree that you had to be honest about your feelings on the situation,but you chose to do it on the forum.

If you really wanted to remain a mod on Eric's forum,maybe you could have hashed it out with him via PM?

Come on man...you gave yourself a "heads up" and I'm pretty sure you know that.

I guess I would have just expected a little note beforehand or at least some fashion of a heads-up.

I guess I was just a little hurt by how it happened?

I understand your point..but you do recall what you wrote about the guy right?

You wanted a thank-you card from him for that?

I'm not judging what you wrote,but you did write it,for all to see.

I completely agree that you had to be honest about your feelings on the situation,but you chose to do it on the forum.

If you really wanted to remain a mod on Eric's forum,maybe you could have hashed it out with him via PM?

Come on man...you gave yourself a "heads up" and I'm pretty sure you know that.

I think it's cool that you understand why ER said what he did, but I think Eric did jump the gun a bit with the demotion. It is his forum, but then why were Jackie Moon and KK also demoted? The whole situation with Eric saying the forum is closing, then not closing, then packing out of a deal with Subs was sketchy at best, surely Eric knew people were going to comment... If this forum is just going to be run by yes-men(not saying you are Zint), then I won't be posting here.

Edited by Young_Gun