02' Interview from Detroit - 2 Pt's.

John Doe

First part of it is really similar to that which was recently posted. These are longer though and switches into topics on:

* Why no interviews

* Not being a media Whore

* The band coming together and the amount of type to assemble them (Robin vs. bucket / Zakk vs. Slash)

* Concerns (for lack of better) on integrity of new material (not selling out)

* Industry and album trouble due to not having any support

* Axl's Roles in the album on managing, A&R'ing, etc.

* Says album is a 3 stage thing & lots of touring

* Talking about the old guys and not wanting to get into it with the others and thereby supporting their album

* Explaining how the differences with the others (Why the fuck have I not heard this before - So interesting)

Don't know if its been posted - Here it is anyway..

Guest siliconmessiah

So, the supposed and famous "trilogy of albums" was in the works and planned already in 2002.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

So, the supposed and famous "trilogy of albums" was in the works and planned already in 2002.

I sincerely believe we aren't as far from the second album as some would like to think. There's a buzz, whether justified or not, suggesting something is going to happen.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No.

Yes. There's an expectation, whether legitimate or otherwise, deriving from the reality of Rio's confirmation and Dj's complimenting comments.

Good interview. Is it me or he does not sound bitter at all with Slash in this interview.

Yeh ya can hear it in his voice. His neg feelings about Slash where not as strong as they are now. I don't think Axl had completely "shut the door" on playing with Slash back in 02 as when he talks and recalls stories about Slash he sounds nostalgic and like he has a fondness for the days when they played together. But this is before Velvet Revolver got together right? and then Slash started doing his press tours for VR and he and the oth guys started dissing Axl. and I think that must have further alienated Axl from the rest of the guys. Marc Canter said Slash's heavy criticism of Axl didn't start till VR began?

cool interview. heard it before. but what happened at the detroit show ? he was bummed about the shit reviews for the chicago show and in detroit during patience he tossed his mic up and left. they did play rhiad that nite in detroit tho.

• 2 years later...

sorry for bumping this, but still to this day this interview is where we get 90% of our knowledge on new music from Axl.

-one thing that still holds true is Axl not wanting to promote himself before something is ready. (possibly why gnr isn't going to discuss a new record)

-I do find it sad how Axl's vision hasn't panned out exactly how he saw it.

- I wonder if he feels the same about the record companies not wanting to deal with older bands.

- The amount of work that he put on his shoulders for chinese makes me think that the task of taking on a new album with essentially a completely new band from 02 is daunting in his mind. (might be why he has seemingly lost a drive for putting out new material.)

-still shocking to hear him talk about 2 other albums, if the songs from these albums ever see the light of day then the evolution from what they were in 02 to the time they get released will be drastic. (assuming he has tinkered with the albums as new members of the band have come in)

-always interesting to hear him talk about Slash, especially in such a lighthearted way.

Never heard this before, and I live in the Detroit area. Great interview. Really depresses me though, things could of been sooo different if this record would of come out in 2002. What happenned to the 3 stage thing. We got 3 stages of touring, just not the last two records. I wish someone could get a good interview with him today. It would be nice to know where he wants to go from here at this point. I can't believe its been 11 yrs since this and we basically don't know any more than this and we are still waiting and waiting.

I sincerely believe we aren't as far from the second album as some would like to think. There's a buzz, whether justified or not, suggesting something is going to happen.

No.

Yes. There's an expectation, whether legitimate or otherwise, deriving from the reality of Rio's confirmation and Dj's complimenting comments.

Lol :lol: Do you still feel the same?