GNR were not any different from Poison!

lost in the garden

Poison has fun songs and they're not THAT bad to be honest, and Bret Michaels is kinda cool (in a very weird way :D). But Guns' songs are better, more complex and sometimes have a very deep and dark meaning. They're also more fun, cause they're dirtier. Also ballads by Guns are far better than Poison's. Only hard rock band better than Guns is Aerosmith. But back on topic, there's a great difference between Poison and Guns.

Try listening to both debut albums back to back. Call me crazy, but I think there's a slight difference there.

..listen to Motley's Too Fast..and Appetite.. back to back. Call me crazy, but I there are a lot of similarities there.

Huh? I thought we were talking about Guns/Poison? :)

When it comes down to the origins of either band, they all left their hometowns and moved out to LA. You do what it takes to be successful.

Slash and Adler are the only true "Hollywood" people in either band, Slash more so because of his parents connections to entertainment, which he had never used to get GNR's foot in the door. He had said David Geffen didn't even know who he was, even though his dad did a bunch of work for him.

Image was important to both bands. Even the image of not giving a shit of how you look on stage is still an image.

I don't consider either one posers. A poser is pretty much a bandwagon jumper to keep up with what's popular at the time.

Ozzy glammed it up around '86 and he had some radio hits. Same with KISS. So are they posers?

Slash didn't want to conform to the glam look. That doesn't make them posers. They wanted to look a certain way. In the 90s, people stopped focusing on what a band should look like.

Either way, the songs matter to a lot of people and both have found ways to reach a new audience. I'm not saying by Bret being a reality TV star is noble, but when he goes out on the road, he has a whole new fanbase because of it. I don't think it's any different than Slash's presence with Michael Jackson or with Fergie, or some of the flat out whoring Dave Navarro's done by appearing in a Mariah Carey video covering a Def Leppard song that he didn't even play on.