Oh My God on CD II?

volcano62

Im pretty sure he is done with that song, you havent seen it or Silkworms since the first times they were played for a reason.

He said in the Axl Chats that the song had been reworked and has some new guitar parts. He also confirmed that that the song was a demo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apologies to anyone who mixed the track. I don't think you're 5-year old. But I think you were in too much hurry.

I remember hearing a story that Axl and the crew (may have been Beaven and Critter at the time) were up all night mixing the track before turning it in at the last second for the MTV premiere.

Then it got a less than favourable reaction. It was then said it was only a demo and Doug Goldstein fell on his sword for it.

Don't like re-treads or remakes. OMG is what it is. Re-doing it would be admitting failure on some level. I don't need 5 versions of a song to appreciate it (I'm waiting for a GNR release, not a "Dr.Dre" album).

I would prefer 15 new songs (that haven't been leaked out on to the net by some production studio lackey). Thank you very much.

Edited by SWIFTSLICK

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

ugh no more 10 year old songs on CD 2 plz

Fine wine gets better with age - as does the phenomenon of songs on "Chinese Democracy" II.

Fine wine gets better with age - as does the phenomenon of songs on "Chinese Democracy" II.

Exactly. If we haven't heard them yet, they might as well have been recorded yesterday.

i LOVE this song, but don't want to see it on the next album. it's already been released, so I would rather see the space be used for another song we haven't heard yet.

I would really like to see them bring this song back to the live shows, though. along with shackler's revenge, this is one of the heaviest songs from the new stuff. I hope we get some more heavy rockers in the future. rock3 rock3 rock3 FUCK YEAH!

Oh My God is fuckin great, but how the hell does it sound like a demo? It sounds done to me.

The thing is, it doesn't sound like a demo if you have a brain+ears+knowledge.

People say it sounds like a demo because they eat any shit Axl Rose says or does without using their own brain/ears/whatever... (axl offered an explanation of it not becoming a hit saying it is 'just a demo', which is a big joke since you can hear that its not a demo.)

^^i don't think it sounds like a demo at all, i think it sounds perfect and fucking awesome. keep in mind this song was released in 1999 - 12 years ago - of course it's not going to sound like a song produced today.

i can't understand why people don't like this song, IT FUCKING ROCKS.

Right, instead let's wait 10 more years for 12 "new" songs. Please. :rolleyes:

Exactly. If we haven't heard them yet, they might as well have been recorded yesterday.

What I mean't is that id prefer them to do songs with the current line up

I can't understand why ass clowns like to hang around a forum of a band they dont even respect?

Dude I'm not saying you have to love every song but to say one of their songs suck that's just fucked up!

Beatles, Stones, ACDC, Metallica, Zep, Sabbath etc...all had songs that were better than others but i'm sure their fans don't think any of their material "sucks"

You know,in a forum with a band you like you can say not only what you like from this band but what you dont like too,right? For you maybe Oh My God is a fantastic mindblowing song,for me its just a mediocre/bad song,its annoying to saying each other here " I cant understand why ppl like or dont like Oh my god,if the world",or whatelse song. Every band has good songs and bad songs.

As for respect,i dont like a song or an album or im doing criticism in a band doesnt mean of course i dont respect...