Biography Channel

Val22

I checked my tv guide and it says that next week on the Bio channel there will be a special about Queen and it's being hosted by Axl Rose.

I'm hoping we actually get to see Axl and not just hear his voice, but I'm not sure. I know I'll be watching to hopefully see and hear Axl host this special.

I checked my tv guide and it says that next week on the Bio channel there will be a special about Queen and it's being hosted by Axl Rose.

I'm hoping we actually get to see Axl and not just hear his voice, but I'm not sure. I know I'll be watching to hopefully see and hear Axl host this special.

It's from the 90s, and yes you'll see him.

This was a pretty good one- Magic Years is pretty detailed, and there's another one that talked about Freddie's "secret life" where he spent a lot of time in NYC in the early 80s and you could see the writing on the wall, and I remember he was doing a radio promo tour for "Innuendo" where Scott Muni said he looked great... I'm sure Fred was completely spent by then as soon as he got out of the studio, and was putting on a brave face.

Now if someone says they have HIV, people show a lot of love for them and way more support than back then.

I've seen backstage footage of the Jazz tour, and I doubt they're showing some of that on Bio.

Still no word on the movie with Sacha Baron Cohen, or Miles Davis with Don Cheadle... or Marvin Gaye.

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely be watching for sure now.

I assume since it's the 90's that Axl has those horrible dreads on his head! lol

Nah, it's from 90 or 91 I think.

Yeah, after I realized it was the 90's I knew Axl would look really good.

Anyway, can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the video. Axl looked so good and he really did a good job.

God, I remember Queen. They were huge in the 70's and their music was so amazing. My husband's favorite song was We are the Champions. They would always play it when the hockey team the Islanders would win. lol

This was a pretty good one- Magic Years is pretty detailed, and there's another one that talked about Freddie's "secret life" where he spent a lot of time in NYC in the early 80s and you could see the writing on the wall, and I remember he was doing a radio promo tour for "Innuendo" where Scott Muni said he looked great... I'm sure Fred was completely spent by then as soon as he got out of the studio, and was putting on a brave face.

Now if someone says they have HIV, people show a lot of love for them and way more support than back then.

I've seen backstage footage of the Jazz tour, and I doubt they're showing some of that on Bio.

Still no word on the movie with Sacha Baron Cohen, or Miles Davis with Don Cheadle... or Marvin Gaye.

It's a shame that Freddy had to die so young. He lived his life the way he wanted to, no excuses. Unfortunately, AIDS was kept a big secret because the powers that be thought it was the gay disease. Maybe if people were more tolerant of others and more honest this disease would die out.

Anyway, Freddy Mercury was one of a kind and so is Queen's music.

Where?

Anyone else see the documentaries on BBC the other week there? was a brilliant watch.

There's 2 more documentaries on You Tube - Untold Story (mostly interviews) and Freddie's Loves (mostly about his gay lifestyle).

The footage I'm talking about could be on one of them or an unauthorized bio, sorry I can't remember where exactly.... it was a short clip.

I think the best thing that happened in the 90s is that people in the closet started to come out little by little and other than Westboro Church, people didn't really care that much, and now we're seeing gay marriage becoming a part of society. My opinion is that it helps promote monogamy and doesn't make people feel they should be ashamed of who they love. It's not like we're going to see some fucking going on in the streets. I don't want to see a middle aged couple getting it on with the windows open either, or be in a hotel room listening to it at 2AM, but we've all experienced one or the other.

There's 2 more documentaries on You Tube - Untold Story (mostly interviews) and Freddie's Loves (mostly about his gay lifestyle).

The footage I'm talking about could be on one of them or an unauthorized bio, sorry I can't remember where exactly.... it was a short clip.

I think the best thing that happened in the 90s is that people in the closet started to come out little by little and other than Westboro Church, people didn't really care that much, and now we're seeing gay marriage becoming a part of society. My opinion is that it helps promote monogamy and doesn't make people feel they should be ashamed of who they love. It's not like we're going to see some fucking going on in the streets. I don't want to see a middle aged couple getting it on with the windows open either, or be in a hotel room listening to it at 2AM, but we've all experienced one or the other.

Yeah, congratulations to the state of New York for making gay marriage legal. I know gays are hoping that one day it'll be legal in all 50 states, but coming from NY and now living in Dallas, I don't see it happening especially in the southern states.

The south is still very much about 50 years behind the north in their way of thinking. It's all due to their religious beliefs. I say that if there is an all mightly God he made all things and that includes gay people.

I say live and let live. If you choose to be gay or straight or whatever and you are happy and not harming yourself or anyone, God bless you.