Will Axl Ever Play With a "Star" Guitar Player Again?

cancerface

It does take a star guitar player to walk out and break up a band. *winks*

i would hardly call axl a star guitar player.

i would hardly call slash either a ''star'' OR a ''guitar player''

He is a star in that he is famous and a guitar player because well he plays guitar.

Well if being a star means sucking Fergies penis and wearing a bedazzled top hat at the SuperBowl Halftime Show, then I'll take DJ,Robin,Bumble,&BH.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really...

were-all-gonna-die-tour-2010-01.jpg

:rolleyes:

no matter how much you try to downplay how awesome Slash is you'll never convince anybody but your delusional self that he sucks. why all the hate?

really...

no matter how much you try to downplay how awesome Slash is you'll never convince anybody but your delusional self that he sucks. why all the hate?

There's a difference between Slash the star of the 80s-90s, and Slash the star of the 2000s. He's made himself noticeable in all the wrong ways recently. Infact Duff has replaced Slash as my first favorite ex-GNR membeber.

Edited by iftheworld

really...

There's a difference between Slash the star of the 80s-90s, and Slash the star of the 2000s. He's made himself noticeable in all the wrong ways recently.

Oh please. He's an aging rock star, what do you want him to do? I don't like that he's close with the Black Eyed Peas, I hate them more than any artist who's appeared on the billboard charts, but he's out there living the life and damnit I'm happy for him! He's had a lot of close calls and he's lucky to still be alive, let him take advantage of the amazing opportunities he gets in peace. He's a career musician, an entertainer, and that's what he does. I don't understand how that could be a bad thing, you must still be living by the childish "hate the sellouts" code. sooner or later you'll grow out of that

He is a star in that he is famous and a guitar player because well he plays guitar.

Well if being a star means sucking Fergies penis and wearing a bedazzled top hat at the SuperBowl Halftime Show, then I'll take DJ,Robin,Bumble,&BH.

yeah, dude. nobody's disputing your right to have that opinion. three cheers for you. but your opinions, no matter how passionately defended on an internet message forum, still don't represent anything more than you and your opinion.

the vast majority of people in the non gnr-forum world can't tell you the difference between a buckethead, a bumblefoot and a dildonose. that doesn't mean they suck, or you can't consider them to be stars in your own world. but slash is beloved by lots of people, which is why he was invited to wear a silly hat on the superbowl. that's what we're taking about when we talk about "stars." people who are able, for whatever reason, to capture hearts and imaginations on a grand, grand scale. hendrix, eddie van halen, keith richards, chuck berry, stevie ray vaughn, eric clapton, etc... that's what we're talking about when we use the world "star." at no point did we mean to imply by "star" that we meant your personal favorite.

also, don't kid yourself for a minute... if bumblefoot, finck, fortus, etc... were popular enough to be invited to play the super bowl, they would absolutely do it. just imagine how many official ashba pillow cases he could sell after that.

Edited by cancerface

really...

There's a difference between Slash the star of the 80s-90s, and Slash the star of the 2000s.

yeah, axl too. same for every artist who didn't die. people change. some people think for the better. some for the worse.

yeah, but he quit the band, forcing axl to get fat and get plastic surgery and corn rows and spend 15 years making a sonic pity fest that hardly anyone liked. so slash is a devil cancerface, regardless of whether or not he is famous for playing guitar.

He never had corn rows

Are we seriously arguing over Slash being a "star" or not? Of course Slash is a star guitar player, he's one of the biggest guitar player's of all time, his name is very synonymous with Rock Guitar playing, his top hat and look is very iconic, he's one of the most known and respected guitarist in the last 3 decades.

Come on people, you may not respect his decision's, or the kind of music he makes, but to say he's not a star guitar player is like saying that the world ended on May 21, 2011. It's completely false.

Are we seriously arguing over Slash being a "star" or not?

there are some very ill minded people who post on this forum

I agree, I understand people may not be huge fan's of him anymore, I'm not really either as far as the decisions he makes, but he's still an iconic guitarist.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Yes, I'm 100% certain Axl will play with the star guitarist Slash again, first thing tomorrow.

Can we puh-lease forget Slash for once, for one thread at least?

I can't believe Chinese Democracy was released almost 2,5 years ago and we're still talking about Slash? Let's move on, shall we? Just a teeny-weeny bit?

I whole-heartily agree.

I understand his contribution's to the bands history, but this is the Guns N' Roses discussion section, he hasn't been in GN'R for over 15 year's.

ah the age old argument

Slash shouldn't be blacklisted from this section. As long as he isnt mentioned for the purpose of demeaning the new lineup he should be able to be brought up. Like when comparing note structures of the original solos he plays versus the new bands interpretations, how the new members perceive his guitar parts, your favorite GNR song in general, etc.

Slash shouldn't be blacklisted from this section. As long as he isnt mentioned for the purpose of demeaning the new lineup he should be able to be brought up.

Yes.

This is what I wanted to say. :)

And Slash should not be demeaned here either.

Exactly. Cause after all we are all here because of the music, and IMHO all GNR lineups fucking rock rock3

Slash shouldn't be blacklisted from this section. As long as he isnt mentioned for the purpose of demeaning the new lineup he should be able to be brought up.

Yes.

This is what I wanted to say. :)

And Slash should not be demeaned here either.

Exactly. Cause after all we are all here because of the music, and IMHO all GNR lineups fucking rock rock3

Agreed 100%!! :thumbsup:

progressive thinking on mygnr? are we entering a new era?? hope so

Axl has a thing about being able to squeeze 100% of the talent outa another person. This is my own observation, when I saw DJ AShba both in videos and then live, my attention immediately was drawn to him. Given time to prove himself on the next record, I think that Ashba will make a name for himself. At least, from my point of view, my motive for going to the Gn'R show in Sydney last year was due to Ashba being in the band, I wouldn't have done so if Robin had still been there instead...

Axl has a thing about being able to squeeze 100% of the talent outa another person.

Well Bumblefoot is nowhere near his best with GnR. He's clearly holding himself back live ( especially since 2009 ) and his lead parts on the record were nowhere near as good as his best solo material.

Buckethead was underused too...

That's the problem with having 3 lead guitar players. Sure, they all play in their own style and complement each other but none of them gets to shine ( despite their talent ).

cancerface, ask 20 strangers about slash too, in your street for example.

in the artistic world, ashba is a star.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Wow, that one made my day :thumbsup:

Just for fun, I asked all the people at my work right now. We are 38 people from 18 to 65 years, and 32 people knew who Slash was and not one person knew who Ashba was. Not one! Ashba is an OK guitar player, but far from a star. And he will never become one either now that he has tried to fill Slash's shoes...

Axl will never have a big star in Fake GNR, unless John Frusciante for some insane reason should join.

Just for fun, I asked all the people at my work right now. We are 38 people from 18 to 65 years, and 32 people knew who Slash was and not one person knew who Ashba was. Not one! Ashba is an OK guitar player, but far from a star. And he will never become one either now that he has tried to fill Slash's shoes...

Axl will never have a big star in Fake GNR, unless John Frusciante for some insane reason should join.

hahaha that's funny, when i ask random people on the streets about slash, about 7 out of 60 know who he is. there were 12 people who knew who dj ashba was

hahaha that's funny, when i ask random people on the streets about slash, about 7 out of 60 know who he is. there were 12 people who knew who dj ashba was

Was that outside a Sixx:A.M. concert? Don't even try to convince me that more people knows who DJ Ashba is, because that is just plain bullscheisse.

Next time don't hang outside a Hot Topic. Go down a normal street

Was that outside a Sixx:A.M. concert? Don't even try to convince me that more people knows who DJ Ashba is, because that is just plain bullscheisse.

mantits

mantits

he loves them

Well, technically they are womantits (believe it or not). It's not my fault your mother has a hairy chest.