Chinese Democracy 2 - Its a long way to the summit

Guest Gunns

Guest gunns5

Cd2 will be the final leg in the journey towards the GnR summit of success. At such a high altitude, the stakes have never been bigger, and there are only 2 possible outcomes, GnR match/or do better than CD in terms of quality and success or worse than CD.

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there? or when Axl finally gets around to releasing CD2,will it not be what we expected and in terms of quality or sound, and will it shade in comparison of every aspect to CD?

It really feels like this album will be the last chance to shutup all the reunionites and press who tore CD down primarily due to it being an 'Axl' band or the long wait/high expectations (even though CD is my favourite GnR album).

I love the current band, don't get me wrong, but apart from Axl's constant tinkering with songs and adding 'finishing touches', maybe a few current members who want to write new songs with Axl are the only ones in the way from a clean run in the CD2 sleigh to the top of Mt Release.

Edited by gunns5

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important thing this time around?

Make the band visible - CD might has well have been produced by a ghost band, as there wasn't that all-important visual component. Music vids, magazine cover stories, etc.

I'm sure the music will be up to expectation, just as it was with CD, but I think people really need to be able to see and process the image of new GN'R to get on board.

Guest siliconmessiah

I want GNR to survive, be an active band and release music on a regular basis. It would be a good move to release CD 2 in coincidence with the fall tour.

But I have never been as unsure about this during the years as a fan 1999-2011, as I am right now.

Another merry-go-round of CD/AFD-tour is not what this band needs to survive.

With that said, I won´t believe there´ll be a South American Tour until the minute the band hits that stage in October.

You may call me pessimistic. But...well, I´ve been around and seen it happen.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest gunns5

I think CD7 will be better than CD5 but CD6 will be the best.

I applaud your optimism for a Cd 5/6/7, it seems that GnR haven't really left base camp yet.

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there?

no.

Such positivity! I'm looking forward to the next step because I actually like GNR.

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there?

no.

Such positivity! I'm looking forward to the next step because I actually like GNR.

just answered question

I'm looking forward to the next step because I actually like GNR.

so do i

no.

just answered question

so do i

All your answers are like this, short and shit. You add nothing to this place.

Guest gunns5

For sunny, getting a response like 'no' is an accomplishment for him.

On topic, do you think the current guitarist care if they appear on old Chinese leftovers, or is there sole focus on creating fresh chinese dumplings?

Guest siliconmessiah

I doubt even Axl knows anymore... My hopes for GnR has long diminshed, especially after the handling of Chinese Democracy..

I once again agree with you on this topic Young Gun. Exactly my sentiments.

The way that things fucked up throughout 2001-2011 is amazing - from the "Detroit Incident" via the cancelled Euro Tour (2002), Bucketheads departure and the delay/forced release of CD, the empty promises, the videos that never appeared...the list could be made even longer.

I sometimes think about what would have happened if things had been handled in a better way.

What is GNR nowadays is something more of a desperate try of Axl to try and cover up what would have been, but fell apart. I don´t think it´s what he planned it to be.

Sadly, my favourite band is in a pretty bad state, but there is still time to do something good of it. But it´ll take time, effort and probably a little re-shuffling in the line-up.

Edited by siliconmessiah

you make no sense?

On topic, do you think the current guitarist care if they appear on old Chinese leftovers, or is there sole focus on creating fresh chinese dumplings?

maybe dj might a little, but i don't think the others care as long as they get paid. they have their solo careers.

no.

just answered question

so do i

You add nothing to this place.

i add my opinion. ^_^

Edited by SunnyDRE

I hope there's some short catchy songs on CD2, some happy tunes, and less angry, paranoid stuff.

I hope there are more rockers, Axl has prolly the best Rock voice ever (or at the very least of his generation) I just wish he would use it to rock more.

If another album is released I think this time it will be done right. I could be very wrong.

I think during the fall tour they will drop an album. Again I could be very wrong.

With the tour going on during they release it and would be promoted by the tour and whatever else they decide to try.

CD has some good songs on it but I still feel they picked alot of the weaker material due to all the BS done by the label, manager or Axl. CD was too bloated with ballads and not enough rockers to keep the alblum flowing.

I think they forced his hand and he gave them a album worth of material and told them to shove up there ass and that is way he didn't promote it hiself. Why would he act any different than he usually does we someone pisses him off????

Was it the right thing to do? depends on what angle you look at.

1. If Axl was forced to release it then yes to him it was a way to get back at them, even though it seems he was cutting his noise off to spite his face. I think at the time of the release he could give a fuck about CD and how well it sells. You fuck me I will fuck you and that was going both ways. I personally feel he was trying to get the label to drop him so he could be out of contract with them and go else where or just disappear.

2. Fans point of veiw hell no he should have promoted it hard and heavy.

3. Record company we are going to make him put it out and promote it but it's a GNR album so even if he doesn't tour or promote the album it still should sell. Which all in all it done OK, maybe not in the states but the global sales where not that terrible given the current state of album sales.

When you think about the songs on CD they changed very little since 2002. I think alot of the songs on CD where basicaly completed in 2002 and I would bet alot of the other songs not on CD where complete then also.

But hey what do I know.

you make no sense?

maybe dj might a little, but i don't think the others care as long as they get paid. they have their solo careers.

no.

just answered question

so do i

i add my opinion. ^_^

Yes and no answers to every thread are hardly opinions. Are those responses all you're able to articulate?

So do I it's just a shame they split up about 15 years ago.

Sigh. No they didn't.

Stop being obsessed with the "name" of a band. Duff and Izzy took the stage with the new guys.....maybe it is time a few fans were able to move on as well!!!!

Complain about the lack of albums. The lack of communication. Whether you like the album or not. I just don't understand why people are still complaining about Axl using the name that HE created and that he legally owns. The old guys have been gone for 15 years. Time to let it go!!!

Guest siliconmessiah

Complain about the lack of albums. The lack of communication. Whether you like the album or not.

The problem is, that even if you complain about the things above, some people, not many though, keeps on defending his actions.

Axl turned the GNR-ship into a nostalgia act with a Slash-wannabee aboard. His ego fucked up a couple of promising line-ups and the silence is killing this band day by day.

This is the truth. I´ve been here since 2001 and seen everything happen. It´s sad, because I really wanted Axl´s new guns to succeed.

There was a good album out (CD), but that is probably all we´ll hear from GNR again, other than AFD-shows.

Edited by siliconmessiah

They will never be on top ever again with it being the "Axl Rose Band." For the most part I am a big fan of anything that Axl does musically, and I really did/do enjoy all of the CD Tour Lineups.

I'm positive that when that interview was done with Axl in 99', I wasn't the only one that thought we'd be seeing new music soon! Too bad soon meant almost 10 years.

From what we know, or what we can speculate from if you will, there is so much music out there, with so many different musicians with Axl. Personally I think most GN'R fans wouldn't even be satisfied if we heard all those sessions/demos from the late 90's to present, we'd still want more.

I think the thing that would bring GN'R back to the top is a reunion and a lot of press coverage and promotion, and that isn't happening.

If there is a CD2...I really do believe that will be the last album.

you make no sense?

no.

just answered question

so do i

i add my opinion. ^_^

Yes and no answers to every thread are hardly opinions. Are those responses all you're able to articulate?

i'm not seeking your approval.

no.

just answered question

so do i

All your answers are like this, short and shit. You add nothing to this place.

I agree Sunnydre never has anything positive to say. cupcakes will be cupcakes.