Can we all just relax?

Young_Gun

There's still 3 weeks left til Guns rock Rio and there are already a plethora of threads about people complaining that new songs won't get played, that we won't get a new album this year, that Axl still has the mustache etc etc. Get a grip guys. Until it happens(or doesn't happen), don't vest too much energy into it. Tommy said the new album is 'not in production... yet', what is 'production? Yet could be next month. Maybe he doesn't want to ruin the surprise. Maybe it won't come out for 10 years. Just wait until the tour kicks off. Then if there are no new songs played, announcements for a new album etc, begin the hate threads or whatever. Most of the complaints this year were of Guns not touring the US, and now they finally are so be happy!

There's still 3 weeks left til Guns rock Rio and there are already a plethora of threads about people complaining that new songs won't get played, that we won't get a new album this year, that Axl still has the mustache etc etc. Get a grip guys. Until it happens(or doesn't happen), don't vest too much energy into it. Tommy said the new album is 'not in production... yet', what is 'production? Yet could be next month. Maybe he doesn't want to ruin the surprise. Maybe it won't come out for 10 years. Just wait until the tour kicks off. Then if there are no new songs played, announcements for a new album etc, begin the hate threads or whatever. Most of the complaints this year were of Guns not touring the US, and now they finally are so be happy!

Impossible, fans of the band are excited as GnR are about to headline the biggest entertainment event in the world and are about to embark on a US tour. Hopes of new music being released or played are also quite high.

The cupcakes on the other hand are pissed off at the same exact same reasons i mention above. Current status of band, new album, communication etc... doesn't really matter, they'll continue this way until Slash rejoins GnR, if ever. Expect the trolling to continue escalating as we close in on Rio.

Sit tight, we are in for a rollercoaster ride!!

Guest Len B'stard

a plethora huh? :D

This is what happens when you don't tell your fans shit about anything people begin to make up their own scenarios...can't blame them really..........

What? Tommy said very clearly the next album is not in production right now. That is what is happening. The focus is on touring. People are complaining because it isn't what they wanted to hear, not because they aren't hearing anything.

Ali

This is what happens when you don't tell your fans shit about anything people begin to make up their own scenarios...can't blame them really..........

What? Tommy said very clearly the next album is not in production right now. That is what is happening. The focus is on touring. People are complaining because it isn't what they wanted to hear, not because they aren't hearing anything.

Ali

True.

Ali

reread the posts Ali people are speculating on exaclty what that means...does it mean we will get ChiDem leftovers, when will they record again...In other threads they speculate if the band will play any new songs at the upcoming shows etc. all becasue we get little to no news...... :shrugs: Persnoally I don't see any harm in it becasue what the fuck else is there to talk about?..........

you have been around long enough to know the drill a member gives us a little nugget and people analyze it to death as to exactly what it means becasue that is all we have to go on......nature of the beast

Perhaps you should reread Tommy's comments. He said it's unsure yet what will happen. If there is no plan yet, how can anything definitive be said to the fans? This is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ali

Ali

reread the posts Ali people are speculating on exaclty what that means...does it mean we will get ChiDem leftovers, when will they record again...In other threads they speculate if the band will play any new songs at the upcoming shows etc. all becasue we get little to no news...... :shrugs: Persnoally I don't see any harm in it becasue what the fuck else is there to talk about?..........

you have been around long enough to know the drill a member gives us a little nugget and people analyze it to death as to exactly what it means becasue that is all we have to go on......nature of the beast

Perhaps you should reread Tommy's comments. He said it's unsure yet what will happen. If there is no plan yet, how can anything definitive be said to the fans? This is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ali

Come on, Ali. There's a bigger picture to CR's comments and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Tommy may be unsure what'll happen but do you really think Axl is? Fans are not kept in the loop and that has been an ongoing thing for the past 10 years. It doesn't bother me that much because even when we do get legitimate updates they are often unreliable. However it does lead to speculation and the only way to stop that is for the band to be more open when it comes to news and updates.

I don't see the harm in speculation anyways. It's just fans being fans. Sometimes I think some of the people here would rather see either an ambivalent fanbase (no interest at all) or one that doesn't think for itself (blindly supports the band). Neither would be good.

Edited by KBear

Ali

Ali

Come on, Ali. There's a bigger picture to CR's comments and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Tommy may be unsure what'll happen but do you really think Axl is? Fans are not kept in the loop and that has been an ongoing thing for the past 10 years. It doesn't bother me that much because even when we do get legitimate updates they are often unreliable. However it does lead to speculation and the only way to stop that is for the band to be more open when it comes to news and updates.

I don't see the harm in speculation anyways. It's just fans being fans. Sometimes I think some of the people here would rather see either an ambivalent fanbase (no interest at all) or one that doesn't think for itself (blindly supports the band). Neither would be good.

The "bigger picture" has nothing to do with comments over the last day. People didn't like what they read and bitched accordingly.

And, yes, it's entirely possible no definitive plan is in place for the next album and therefore there is nothing really worth knowing about.

Ali

Ali

Ali

That is the truth,people will find something to nitpick and bicker about regardless of news,no news,communication or lack thereof.

Edited by sailaway

Ali

Ali

The "bigger picture" has nothing to do with comments over the last day. People didn't like what they read and bitched accordingly.

And, yes, it's entirely possible no definitive plan is in place for the next album and therefore there is nothing really worth knowing about.

Ali

If the bigger picture was different there wouldn't be speculation about vague comments made by band members. On the contrary, we'd have a lot more concrete information to discuss. It's likely that Tommy doesn't even make those comments if there was a steady stream of information from Axl. But you are right, it's not just the lack of updates but often times the message. After all, fans generally want bands that are a little more productive than GN'R is.

As for there being no definitive plan in place and therefore nothing worth knowing about - how do you explain all the years before this one? Face it, no news to report is not the reason for the lack of updates. It has been the modus operandi for years and years and won't change soon.

Anyways, I'm not arguing that we should get more updates. Only that the lack of them leads to speculation and negativity, and it's not like that's actually hurting anyone.

Ali

Ali

Ali

If the bigger picture was different there wouldn't be speculation about vague comments made by band members. On the contrary, we'd have a lot more concrete information to discuss. It's likely that Tommy doesn't even make those comments if there was a steady stream of information from Axl. But you are right, it's not just the lack of updates but often times the message. After all, fans generally want bands that are a little more productive than GN'R is.

As for there being no definitive plan in place and therefore nothing worth knowing about - how do you explain all the years before this one? Face it, no news to report is not the reason for the lack of updates. It has been the modus operandi for years and years and won't change soon.

Anyways, I'm not arguing that we should get more updates. Only that the lack of them leads to speculation and negativity, and it's not like that's actually hurting anyone.

As far as all the years before this, when there was something worth knowing, like tour dates and an album release, we have been told. Right now, there very well be may nothing to report. If people can't deal with that uncertainty and accept it, without running away with speculation to the point of creating unfounded rumors, really that's on them.

Ali

If we don't get an album in five minutes I'll chop off my right arm.

Yeah,that is the mindset here :lol:

Come on I mean really some of the fans here suffered through 14 years waiting for Axl to put out new music..Not saying he owes us anything but you can't blame fans for being anxious..........

Easy man,you are among the most intelligent and informed posters here,we don't agree on a lot of issues but its okay. I was just laughing at what birdcatcher said, I don't look at it as suffering.

I have been following GNR since the late 80s,and its a great,crazy ride. :)

If we don't get an album in five minutes I'll chop off my right arm.

Yeah,that is the mindset here :lol:

Come on I mean really some of the fans here suffered through 14 years waiting for Axl to put out new music..Not saying he owes us anything but you can't blame fans for being anxious..........

Easy man,you are among the most intelligent and informed posters here,we don't agree on a lot of issues but its okay. I was just laughing at what birdcatcher said, I don't look at it as suffering.

I have been following GNR since the late 80s,and its a great,crazy ride. :)

No doubt I have been a fan since 86 and saw them twice in 87.........the only version I ahve not seen is the current band......I don't take any of this serious or personal as it is only music .....What would be the fun if we all agreed?............. :D

Cool, first in 86, last time caught a few in 2010,with too many in the middle to mention without hijacking this thread.

hope you get to catch a couple this go round. Are we the senior citizens here? You have a great archive of material as well. :thumbsup:

I would love to go to a concert but I will probably choose to sit in the stands. I hate to be among the young fucktards who know nothing about the band and only know like three songs. As well the old farts who bitch and complain about Slash not being in the band.

Yeah, nothing to be alarmed about. In the last 24 hours we have learned that Ron may or may not be able to tour (Not his fault, obviously, but still puts the tour in question) and also Tommy tells us that not only is the next album is not due out soon, it may actually be rerecorded before it's considered for release.

Or was that just the serial-hacker? :rolleyes:

How can we relax when Ron is posting stuff like this?

Bumblefoot

First rehearsal = chugging a bottle of Advil, playing sitting on a chair unable to get comfortable. Don't know if I'm able to do this.

36 min ago

Bumblefoot

Will try and get some physical therapy out here...

32 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/bumblefoot

My thoughts exactly