Rock in Rio - Full Soundboard + Pro-Shot

ChristianGNR

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, it says GN'R are schedule to hit the stage on Oct 2nd @ 0H50...so does that actually mean the morning of october 3rd at 12:50am. Now is that local time or EST?

That is the 3rd yes, it is also local time. I have a funny feeling they will be playing longer than the schedule says though

so, it says GN'R are schedule to hit the stage on Oct 2nd @ 0H50...so does that actually mean the morning of october 3rd at 12:50am. Now is that local time or EST?

That is the 3rd yes, it is also local time. I have a funny feeling they will be playing longer than the schedule says though

so 12:50am Rio time is 11:50pm EST. what are the chances GN'R take the stage at that time? haha

actually, arent they usually good when it comes to taking the stage on time at festivals? I mean, they are going on late as is

Here is an example of 1080P HD from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM58AsPw3fA

go to watch on youtube and select 1080p

it will be amazing to see GN'R like that!!

On this and Elton's videos, the lead vocals don't sound right in the mix. Same thing that happened with Axl at Rio in 2001 - they need to amp his vocals up or he'll get drowned out.

Can someone tell me if globoHD and tvGloboHD are the same?? I would assume so. I found a rtmp dump from Portugal and it lists a tvGlobo but not a globoHD. Trying to find a rtmp dump so I can directly record the feed without having to go through YouTube.

EDIT: found it. They are one and the same. If anyone here is familiar with rtmp and in the USA, watching it this way will be far better then YouTube IMO. This being as it's a direct feed of globoHD.

Edited by systronic

The feed is taking parts of the songs out and it is really pissing me off!!!! Has to be done on perpuse... Which sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I hope GNR is not like this!!!!!!

It's still fucked up 10 mins later skipping ahead and back so they need to take the live off of it's delayed at least 30 mins so they can cut parts out.

Edited by bigcountry

GLad your TV is working great because the feed on youtube sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I was making this post it jumped ahead again!!

I mean damn you get into a song and they do this to the feed to fuck it up.

This will be my last bitching post about this shit unless they fix it.....

I guess it is better than nothing but it suck big time if you are going to say it's LIVE it should be but there is NO WAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I May have figured out the reason for the skipping. I'm not really sure, but it seems when I'm on another window (or tab) it skips around alot. But, just watching the stream full on seems to not skip as much.

Try watching it without on typing or looking on another tab and see if it skips.

Still jumping around no matter what I do

I think it would be better for you to find a TV Streaming software, then look up for "MultiShow" and you'll probably get a better quality. I'm watching through MultiShow because audio at Globo really sucks here.

How do you go about this, by this I mean is there any good free programs out there and how do you find the channel they are streaming on.

Thanks

Maybe you need super fast download speeds. I have decent speeds, not blazing fast, that's for sure.

Anyone using another browser other than Firefox? I guess the show just ended, but I caught the final minute with Opera. Not even the most current version and it seems to run smoother than Firefox. Google Chrome?

Might d/l the latest version of Opera and try to find a way to get rid of the twitter feed.

Hey, all things considered even if the GN'R stream has the same problems as Metallica, this still beats the live streams in 2006 (we got two I think).

Maybe you need super fast download speeds. I have decent speeds, not blazing fast, that's for sure.

Anyone using another browser other than Firefox? I guess the show just ended, but I caught the final minute with Opera. Not even the most current version and it seems to run smoother than Firefox. Google Chrome?

Might d/l the latest version of Opera and try to find a way to get rid of the twitter feed.

Hey, all things considered even if the GN'R stream has the same problems as Metallica, this still beats the live streams in 2006 (we got two I think).

I checked my download speeds at a couple places one had me at 19.4 Mb/sec the other 20.1 MB/sec so download speed is not the problem. Hell I can upload at close to 2 mb/sec and if that was my download speed I should be able to get a desent stream.

I tried Firefox, Google Chrome and IE 9 all had the same problems, I even went so far as to have all 3 running the Rio youtube stream there was 5 seconds around about difference in the video and audio where they at during the song and all 3 skipped at the same time in the song.

Either they had serious problems (which I hope) or they done it because it was free and they did want us to have the full show as far as each song went. It may have been an agreement with Metallica to do that, which I doubt.

With all the problems there is NO WAY it was live, of that was the case we would either loose the feed or have freeze ups. It has to be on a delay of about 20-30mins to miss that much of each song.

I would like to have 2-3 places I could go to get the live stream and pick the best for the Guns show. Hope someone will help with this!!!!

If I had problems before Metallica I would have tried to figure somthing different out.

I remember in 2001 when they streamed the entire guns set on AOL and it was actually pretty good considering how long ago it was and the internet speed we had back then, bet the hell out of the Metallica feed.

Edited by bigcountry

I am not tring to hijack this thread with Metallica stuff just letting you know the problems I had.

With the hopes we can get a few things lined up of one of the feeds is fucked.

I love metallica but GNR is my main reason for watching Rockin Rio and what the best quality I can get. I can handle some pixelised stuff but the other just isn't how I want to experiance GNR

Any one with alternitives please share with some instructions.

Guest BarbiStolatVonG

I am not tring to hijack this thread with Metallica stuff just letting you know the problems I had.

With the hopes we can get a few things lined up of one of the feeds is fucked.

I love metallica but GNR is my main reason for watching Rockin Rio and what the best quality I can get. I can handle some pixelised stuff but the other just isn't how I want to experiance GNR

Any one with alternitives please share with some instructions.

I've been tweeting the organisers about this problem for the past two days!

Part of the problem is that the camera men are moving their hand held cameras too fast, to try and get close ups of the band/crowd - the vision is much better when the performers are standing still and the camera is still as well.

By the end of the day I guess they are tired from holding those cameras, that's why the last acts are always the worse. Snowpatrol was crystal clear. - it would be probably be much better if the cameras are all on tripods.

It also seems that the camera guys are mucking about with fancy camera shots/angles as if they are testing out the cameras for the first time as toys - you know, oh, I wonder what this button does.....

VW are the ones who have advertised on the RIR Youtube page that they are the ones responsible for the live stream - I would expect that VW would have this issue sorted. I'm sure that other sponsors have also paid VW in trust that the streaming is visible - for example there is a huge Heineken billboard in the crowd that they would probably want seen.

RIR wants the festival to draw attention from the rest of the world, the stream is letting this 'international' aspiration down.

Metallica as well as the other big bands wanted their fans around the world to enjoy the music as well.

I too am suprised at how bad the quality is.

If they cant fix it, Axl may have to bring in his own camera crew!

BTW. it is LIVE, it just appears that some corners are being cut in getting the telecast out there.

Edited by BarbiStolatVonG

IMHO, the issue you guys were getting on the YouTube stream is because of the huge audience. I dunno how it works on YouTube, but maybe they didn't think it would be so viewed.

Here in Brazil, I've been usually watching the internet feed on Globo.com and the main band on TV. The stream works fine with a few hicups specially in the begining. It has pixelation too, but I don't think its as bad as the YouTube issues you're talking about.

But the audio seems mono. I didn't have the chance to check if the HDTV broadcast is also mono, but I sure hope not.