Support for the band?

CoBrA2168

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was supposed to be the summit of NuGnr's career.

No offense, but according to who was this supposed to the be the summit of this band's "career"?

Ali

Anybody with a shred of common sense

Damn, what a ridiculous remark. Why is this any more important than RIR III? Why is this any more important the 2002 VMA's?

RIR III was the introduction of a new era of GN'R. It was a FAR more important gig.

Ali

No offense, but according to who was this supposed to the be the summit of this band's "career"?

Ali

Damn, what a ridiculous remark. Why is this any more important than RIR III? Why is this any more important the 2002 VMA's?

RIR III was the introduction of a new era of GN'R. It was a FAR more important gig.

Ali

A literal worldwide audience, a once a year festival, (a once a decade festival), and Axl's supposed love for Brazil...he should have showed up.

people shouldnt base their opinions on 1 night, hell if that was the case then all we would be left with is fucking x factor shit. im sure every band in the entire history of music has had a bad night.

if you are a real and true fan past to present you shouldnt care about last night, i know i dont.

i just hope axl doesnt take it to personal and end up giving it up, or going awol for another 10 years.

long may he live to produce quality records and give us live shows ( including the bad ones )

Edited by phil666

Guest ben9785

At the end of the day, critical or not, people here are just sincere and honest about their opinion because they care.

The band was great at Rio. Axl obviously wasn't at his best, which was disappointing considering the scale of the show.

Hopefully things will get better..

Ali

Ali

A literal worldwide audience, a once a year festival, (a once a decade festival), and Axl's supposed love for Brazil...he should have showed up.

Agreed. But, that doesn't make this gig more important that RIR III in my book.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Ali

your absolutely right.

it doesnt matter if its RIR, Download, or your grandma's outhouse. no gig is more important than another they are all of equal importance.

Edited by phil666

I haven't given up, am just in shock though. I've never seen a performer forget his lyrics, not just a performer but Axl! He's played November Rain and Patience over 100 times, and he has no excuse for showing up out of shape like that.

dont try to be a smartass, but, ive seen Axl messing up the lyrics lot of times... but yes, the show was kinda weird, i think Axl was looking at something during NR that caught his eye and distracted him... dunno what happened...

top hat

I haven't given up, am just in shock though. I've never seen a performer forget his lyrics, not just a performer but Axl! He's played November Rain and Patience over 100 times, and he has no excuse for showing up out of shape like that.

dont try to be a smartass, but, ive seen Axl messing up the lyrics lot of times... but yes, the show was kinda weird, i think Axl was looking at something during NR that caught his eye and distracted him... dunno what happened...

top hat

Maybe Slash was in the audience =)

man fuck all the haters.. I'm just as fuckin stoked for Atlanta as ever. I'm glad I stayed up super late to catch the show.. I never thought id see nuguns in the pouring rain. Shit they were getting drowned so of course Axl isn't gonna sound 100%. Axl even said at the start of the show no running around, he wants everybody safe.. I fully support Axl and the guys

Ali

Ali

Ali

your absolutely right.

it doesnt matter if its RIR, Download, or your grandma's outhouse. no gig is more important than another they are all of equal importance.

I think the two shows are very alike..

RIR 2001 was an opportunity to start something great... That didn't happen.. It went downhill from there untill late 2008 as far as I see it..

Now ten years later Axl had the exact same shot (maybe even bigger)... and he blew it even before the show was over..

Edited by MrWong86

man fuck all the haters.. I'm just as fuckin stoked for Atlanta as ever. I'm glad I stayed up super late to catch the show.. I never thought id see nuguns in the pouring rain. Shit they were getting drowned so of course Axl isn't gonna sound 100%. Axl even said at the start of the show no running around, he wants everybody safe.. I fully support Axl and the guys

denial. not just a river in egypt.

denial. not just a river in egypt.

Yeah I'm seeing that those who go with the "it was awesome, fuck the haters!" mentality didn't expect much from the show and will take anything that happens and think that it's gold. Those who care for the band deeply are more critical and are frustrated with how things went down.