Support for the band?

CoBrA2168

So it's a fact that tonight's performance wasn't the best, or wasn't what a lot of us expected. A few mistakes here and there, but what can we really expect when it's the first show they've played In a while?

I personally can't wait to see them in November for the us tour. But by the sounds of it you guys have given up on this band because of one off performance (that in my opinion was still pretty sweet)

So axl, my message to you is good work tonight, you'll get em next time. (and by next time, I mean during the us tour!)

Edited by CoBrA2168

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was supposed to be the summit of NuGnr's career.

This was supposed to help with the upcoming tour.

Fans thought it was supposed to be the beginning of something new.

Axl's great return.

What we got instead ?

A good Estranged, Mickey Mouse, Axhole Rose being pissed at the band for his own shitty performance, horribad WTTJ solo, shittiest NR performance EVER, Tommy and Axl hating each other on stage...

Tonight was a shit joke.

I haven't given up, am just in shock though. I've never seen a performer forget his lyrics, not just a performer but Axl! He's played November Rain and Patience over 100 times, and he has no excuse for showing up out of shape like that. It was ridiculous really. I loved Estranged, it was perfect, but after You Could Be Mine, everything kind of crumbled.

I just hope that the tour isn't cancelled, that Axl gets it together, that they change up the setlist this time. But if none of those things happen, that would seal the deal for me.

I had fun watching the show. So, everything didn't go as planned, big deal! It's only rock n roll... (And I say that as a huge music and Gn'R fan)...

Likewise.

But that's the internet for you. A mediocre show (with a few highlights and a few flubs) can't just be that, it's got to be the end of the world and someone needs to retire and boo hoo fucking hoo.

Has Axl forgotten lyrics before? Countless times

Has Axl got pissed off onstage before? Countless times

Has Axl done a sub-par performance on TV before? Yes

Big deal, he's still here, life goes on, the band goes on, hopefully another victory is around the corner.

I haven't given up, am just in shock though. I've never seen a performer forget his lyrics, not just a performer but Axl! He's played November Rain and Patience over 100 times, and he has no excuse for showing up out of shape like that.

dont try to be a smartass, but, ive seen Axl messing up the lyrics lot of times... but yes, the show was kinda weird, i think Axl was looking at something during NR that caught his eye and distracted him... dunno what happened...

I think Axl was just sick as in not feeling well.

I also think he got it from Beta Due to him have the crowd say Who's fault is it? Beta

I think he was tring to make the best of it and gut the show out insteed of just cancelling which would have been a very bad move.

I expect the next show in the South American tour to be cancelled due to him being sick.

And after about 2 more shows youtube will let us know 100% what happened. If he sounds good then it was as simple as him being sick and if not it was most likely him being lazy.

Have any of you been sick before??????????

I think people got way too worked up over one show and when it wasn't the BEST GIG ON EARTH they didn't know what to think. I never thought Rio 01 was that great and still don't see how Rock in Rio is so important.

It always seems to go wrong on the big televised shows, remember Reading but I saw them last year a couple of times and they were great and Axls voice was superb so hopefully only a blip, but I so wanted them to kick ass last night and show how good they can be.

Was the matter with the show? Stop spread shit, always the same, when GNR performs in RIR 2001, was the end of GNR, when they play in 2006, was the end of GNR again, and now once more.

Was a good show, good moments, bad moments, but people don't realize that is so dificult to play under the rain? Try to do somethin like that durin an hour, n then write here. Axl has a mistake in November Rain, and he went down, is sad, but the show was great.

The best performance of Estranged, n we have another angry nightrain, really good. I think that the people in the show have a very good time.

All the band (Axl too), play so hard to did this show, try to run against the rain n you realize what I talkin' about.

Congratulations Guns N' Roses, I know that you will do a very very great tour, like the last year. :thumbsup:

Was the matter with the show? Stop spread shit, always the same, when GNR performs in RIR 2001, was the end of GNR, when they play in 2006, was the end of GNR again, and now once more.

Was a good show, good moments, bad moments, but people don't realize that is so dificult to play under the rain? Try to do somethin like that durin an hour, n then write here. Axl has a mistake in November Rain, and he went down, is sad, but the show was great.

The best performance of Estranged, n we have another angry nightrain, really good. I think that the people in the show have a very good time.

All the band (Axl too), play so hard to did this show, try to run against the rain n you realize what I talkin' about.

Congratulations Guns N' Roses, I know that you will do a very very great tour, like the last year. :thumbsup:

slut

This is not the site to call your mother, better ask for her on the streets

The band were great, Axl not so much

For the live streem Axl didn't get the a mix with the band for some of it. Some of it was a bit raw. When you start to see the videos that turn up on Utube that were filmed by the fans, you will hear what the crowd heard and it will be so much better than that utube live stream. What you heard was almost like a board tape. I have some board tapes from the Roxy and the Whisky from 1986 and they don't sound that good because it's not a good mix with the music. Axl is too loud and it was too raw. The one I made from the crowd of the Roxy and Whisky those same nights sounded great.

Edited by recklessroad

For the live streem Axl didn't get the best mix for some of it. Some of it was a bit raw. When you start to see the videos that turn up on Utube that were filmed by the fans, you will hear what the crowd heard and it will be so much better than that utube live stream. What you heard was almost like a board tape. I have some board tapes from the Roxy and the Whisky from 1986 and they don't sound that good because it's not a good mix with the music. Axl is too loud and it was too raw. The one I made from the crowd of the Roxy and Whisky those same nights sounded great.

Marc, did you enjoy the show? AFAIUI you've seen one hell of a lot of GN'R shows.

I had fun watching the show. So, everything didn't go as planned, big deal! It's only rock n roll... (And I say that as a huge music and Gn'R fan)...

Has Axl forgotten lyrics before? Countless times

Unacceptable when there are 10 lyrical monitors all over the stage...

Usually they're switched on/not covered in rainsoaked plastic.