I'm worried about Axl...is he sick or on drugs?

watchman

Wow. The NR clip is like nothing I've seen from Axl before. On a whole, compare Axl of last night to Axl of last year or 2006 etc: Is this the same guy? The Axl in 2006 looked like a guy ready to take over the world. Last year he came back heftier, but looked badass, and performed incredibly.

I think the original poster is on to something. I didn't think of it before, but I think Axl does have a drug problem, prescribed or otherwise. Maybe health problems: thyroid or some metabolic problems or something. But something isn't right.

This guy went from giving the best performances of his career a year ago, to what we saw at Rio last night. I don't think this was just an "off night" either.

If he needs medication to function, that's great. A lot of people do, and it's a really good thing. But, there are ways to medicate without it hindering you like this. Time for Axl to find a new psychiatrist.

And if it's a self medicating thing, then people in his inner circle need find a way to get through to him and get him on track.

I could say maybe he was drunk or something, but have we ever seen Axl like this before? Never. Even during his bad performances, he is crisp and powerful, giving it his all.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've rewatched that November Rain video again and again and I still have no idea what the hell he was thinking. He just started mumbling words and even right before where he's supposed to sing "Nothing lasts forever, even cold November Rain" he still should've been alert enough to realize that part was coming up. It was honestly like he was drunk or something.

God, some of you people are making me crazy with all your opinions about Axl and the Rio show.

I'm totally confused now. lol

Anyway, hope the US tour goes off without any problems, but afterall, we are all human and sometimes there are fuckups. You just have to roll with them and move on.

Sounds like at least Axl continued to sing and the band played on, so it was better than Axl throwing a fit and storming off the stage and no one getting to see them.

As for missing the old members. Let me tell you sometimes a song will take you to another place and time and you may have a good memory or a sad one. that's what probably happened to Axl when singing Estranged. Wasn't he with Stephanie Seymour then and of course the original members. Who knows what Axl was thinking, but like I said, songs bring both good and sad and bad memories sometimes when you sing or hear them. I know it's that way with me. Sometimes it's too painful for me to hear a song because the people who were around when I was younger and listened to that song are no longer here and it makes me very sad to remember how much fun it was to be with them and how much I would give to return to those days, but we know it's not possible and since I don't believe we will see all our dead family and friends and it makes those songs even sadder.

Sorry for sounding so mundane, but the older you get, your thoughts about things change alot. I think that's what happening with Axl. He will be 50 soon and maybe he's thinking how much more time does he have to be doing this? Although, there are many musicians who rock until they die, but who knows? It's scary to have to face huge changes in your life.

Am I the only one that heard Axl say something to the effect of "This shit keeps ... And it keeps fucking me up..."

It was either during Patience it after it, can't recall, but I heard it clear as day on the YouTube feed. I didn't say anything because I thought you guys would have heard it too and been talking about it.

I don't like how this conversation went from he needs to rehearse to he's gonna die soon. You guys are making some pretty serious accusations based on his performance from one show. I think he was just unprepared for the elements and having some tech problems of some kind. Just sayin.

Wow. The NR clip is like nothing I've seen from Axl before. On a whole, compare Axl of last night to Axl of last year or 2006 etc: Is this the same guy? The Axl in 2006 looked like a guy ready to take over the world. Last year he came back heftier, but looked badass, and performed incredibly.

I think the original poster is on to something. I didn't think of it before, but I think Axl does have a drug problem, prescribed or otherwise. Maybe health problems: thyroid or some metabolic problems or something. But something isn't right.

This guy went from giving the best performances of his career a year ago, to what we saw at Rio last night. I don't think this was just an "off night" either.

If he needs medication to function, that's great. A lot of people do, and it's a really good thing. But, there are ways to medicate without it hindering you like this. Time for Axl to find a new psychiatrist.

And if it's a self medicating thing, then people in his inner circle need find a way to get through to him and get him on track.

I could say maybe he was drunk or something, but have we ever seen Axl like this before? Never. Even during his bad performances, he is crisp and powerful, giving it his all.

When he performed NR, it was downright hilarious and endearing. The funniest part was when he mumbled the words to try and pass it on as part of the song, and then he looked straight toward the front of the stage, like he was saying, where is those damn teleprompters when I need them, DAMN IT!!!! and as far as him having these up and down moments, if we havent excepted it by now we may never, just listen to scraped and know his life is a roller coaster. I hope that he is not on drugs, he is such a private person, the world may never know, I just hope beta taking care of him the right way, and making sure he is alright since she has the biggest influence over him.

When he performed NR, it was downright hilarious and endearing. The funniest part was when he mumbled the words to try and pass it on as part of the song, and then he looked straight toward the front of the stage, like he was saying, where is those damn teleprompters when I need them, DAMN IT!!!! and as far as him having these up and down moments, if we havent excepted it by now we may never, just listen to scraped and know his life is a roller coaster. I hope that he is not on drugs, he is such a private person, the world may never know, I just hope beta taking care of him the right way, and making sure he is alright since she has the biggest influence over him.

Yeah, I'm wondering how much influence this Beta has on Axl, I only know she is Axl's "mother" from LAX incident and a housekeeper or something...I really wonder what type of people is Axl surrounded with, any ideas?

Guest gunns5

Some of you people are scary!

WTF is wrong with you people!

agreed, a little moderation in the thread on those saying he's gonna die soon and other dumb shit would be good.

Edited by gunns5

Guest gunns5

Axl was either drunk or on some drugs, he was going along fine then all of a sudden it's like someone pulled the rug , or in this case the stage, out from underneath him.

Just listened and Axl really sucked at this gig. But everyone makes mistake, he's messed up a lot of lyrics in his day but always seemed to bounce back. On this night he couldn't do it and he really, really lost his confidence. Every professional messes up, vocalists, guitarists, pro sports players but usually figure out ways to bounce back. Axl really got down on himself. I think it's foolish to sit here and tear him apart over it. I feel pretty bad for him.