I'm worried about Axl...is he sick or on drugs?

watchman

Hi, first post here to voice an honest concern.

I'm not complaining about the show because my expetations haven't been fullfilled, I'm worried because I saw a man suffer.

Not to be overdramatic here, but what I saw last night reminded me of the final show of Amy Winehouse. I am very worried about Axl.

To me it looked like Axl was totally exchausted and on quite heavy drugs, come to think of it he probably has been like this since 2009, hence the weight gain, the stary look, the mental absence, forgetting the lyrics to „November Rain" wich to Axl must be like forgetting the name of your own child.

Don't you see how bad this man is suffering?

It's not lack of confidence, pressure to be perfect, the age or not giving a shit. He is sick in like not being healthy. I don't know what it is, physical or mental, but something is eating him.

I don't think he was using playback in 2010 but I saw him in person on that tour and no professional singer could go from this amazing to this horrible by just not practising anymore in only a couple of months. I know people have been saying „it's the end" after the VMA or Dublin too but never has Axl looked this....gone. He should stop drinking today and immediately get a doctor who doesn't want his money but a healthy patient.

In criticising the Rio show, are you a true fan or just an unhappy customer? Axl did a lot for us with his music, I say let's support him now through whatever shit he is going through right now. So he is sick? We all get sick, no big deal. I'm a fan anyway. No need for him to suffer this badly in putting up this "show".

You hear me Beta, Fernando, Jarmo, Del, Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Richard, Frank, Ron and Chris....everyone? Axl was literally sceaming HELP ME for 2 and a half hours last night. But all you heard was Jungle/Easy/Brownstone and all you saw was dollars and a safe paycheck and reputation. I beg all of you, everyone in his entourage, the band, literally everyone to urge this man to accept help. Hide the bottles, flush the pills, go on strike in refusing to perform or not attending shows anymore, whatever. But please don't turn your back on him when he needs you the most.

I hope this won't get moved or deleted. I'm not trying to cupcake, hurt anyone's feelings or be disrespectful here, just trying to give some food for thought.

You're just an idiot. You have no data to back up any of your assertions. Oh and I love how you created this account just to post this dipshit nonsense. Go away.

I'm agree with you!!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE SHIT

WE DON'T NEED A CONCERT PSYCHOLOGIST :rofl-lol:

Edited by Blummas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually kind of agreeing, he said at one point in a teary voice 'damn i didn't even want to be here' almost crying for some sort of help.

Umm did I miss something? Was that when messed up the Patience lyrics and mumbled something to the mike? Have to see that again.

Maybe he was just drunk. First gig, biggest gig in the world. I would be.

He said, "You know what, I'm really getting pissed off... See, I got no patience."

People are just deaf and somehow misinterpreted something he enunciated very clearly.

I actually kind of agreeing, he said at one point in a teary voice 'damn i didn't even want to be here' almost crying for some sort of help. Maybe he just going through a rough time, don't we all some stage ! I thought Estranged, Knockin and Street of dreams were quite good, the rest was waful and i love Axl

When did he say that? I don't think he ever said that

It sounds like he said that after PC, but I'm not sure if that was him or part of My Way kicking in.

You know what, I agree.

His behavior was very strange and inconsistent. Sure, that's the definition of Axl but something was off here. His eyes looked wrong, empty somehow, didn't have the usual intensity even the fat Axl had a year ago. His trademark stare also looked wrong.

Sure, you could just say he's washed up and that's all there is to it but looks to me that alcohol is a part of the problem.

His eyes looked wrong, empty somehow, didn't have the usual intensity even the fat Axl had a year ago.

I doubt he's on drugs... you know, when I met him, that's the thing that struck me. His eyes are empty when he's in the streets, he doesn't have anything in common with the Axl on stage, he's looking down most of the time and he's like the nicest guy in the world. Really moving guy. The eyes thing you noticed is him being him. No drugs, just someone who's suffered a lot during the past 10/15 years. I don't know if he always was like this but it's indeed sad that he didn't have it at all on the stage last night, but the saddest was the unprepared aspect.

C`mon, typical Axl. He was pissed through the whole night. back in a day he would have stop the show. First show, mickey mouse....not the first time. I actually think he looked pretty good. Was there those teleprompters (or whatever in english)?

Yeah like I said in another topic it didn't even feel like GNR to me. It was one of the strangest shows I have seen. I have never seen Axl give just a blank stare before...

Dublin 2010, Download 2006?

Anyway, the biggest catastrophy in this show were the cameramen. What the heck was it?! Throughout the night they had like maybe 2 or 3 long shots in total. That means they didn't have shots were a person is fully visible in shot, from head to toes and focused on that person. I felt claustrophobic watching that. Most of the shots were from head to belly (midshots). Unprofessional and painful to watch, whether one's conscious about the reason or not. That must've contributed to the "weird" feeling I had watching this gig.

Yeah, the camera work was sub-par for certain. Anyone notice that they labeled the Fortus Bond solo as TWAT? After that, i kept expecting them to play it, but no dice...

Did anyone hear when he said about drugs to tommy?

yeah i thought he was fucking around but after november rain and all that i started thinking about what he said, i dont know if he was on drugs or not i just thought maybe he had an off night.

the fat Axl had a year ago.

I don't think Axl was ever a fat man? And who in the fuck are you to label anybody?

Oh fuck off, I can label whoever I want.

He's not obese but compared to 2006 and earlier he's pretty fat.

Maybe this kind of talk should be kept to oneself anyway. It has nothing to do with the things we as band's fans should pay attention to. For example, music.

Take a look at the name of the thread, it's not just about the music but also about his looks.

Besides I didn't mean that in a derogatory way. I don't give two shits how Axl looks, I kinda like the new edition.

Yeah, my mom was really pissed that Axl didn't look like '87. Which is funny because I think he looks better now than '87.

'90s Axl FTW though.

It does make me sad to know that he's probably reading these boards. Professional or not, it's hard to read shit like this. It is what it is.

Yeah, my mom was really pissed that Axl didn't look like '87. Which is funny because I think he looks better now than '87.

'90s Axl FTW though.

It does make me sad to know that he's probably reading these boards. Professional or not, it's hard to read shit like this. It is what it is.

Dude, I posted what I had to say in the wrong thread. I moved it here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=179364&st=360

Tabitha....nice post.

But most of us would love to be Axl for one year. I would have hired a vocal coach and personal trainer three months ago and walked into the Rio stage in top form.

Then I would release an album of all the old songs, all the cd leftovers, any song not created with the current band.

You don't need 3 guitar players and 3 keyboard players. So pittman and one guitar player would be released.

Then I would rent a studio and bring the remaining current band together and write and record an album, like every other namd in the world does.

Within a year I would give you 30-35 new songs, a smaller tighter band, a lead singer in vocal shape.....and then a your where at least half the songs were new.

Tabitha....nice post.

But most of us would love to be Axl for one year. I would have hired a vocal coach and personal trainer three months ago and walked into the Rio stage in top form.

Then I would release an album of all the old songs, all the cd leftovers, any song not created with the current band.

You don't need 3 guitar players and 3 keyboard players. So pittman and one guitar player would be released.

Then I would rent a studio and bring the remaining current band together and write and record an album, like every other namd in the world does.

Within a year I would give you 30-35 new songs, a smaller tighter band, a lead singer in vocal shape.....and then a your where at least half the songs were new.

Groghan, thank you.

But again, you are not seeing the bigger picture here. I can guarantee you that you would not want to trade places with Axl. His life isn't all sex, drugs, and rock n' rolll.

He can't even as much as fart without someone reporting it, distorting it, and saying that he had a massive diarreah shit when it was just a fart.

Yes, some will say, "well that is the price you have to pay when you are famous".

To most people, yes.

Not to excuse his actions due to him being bipolar or manic depressive. But, that does have a lot to do with the way he acts. Axl will take something so ridiculous like someone cutting him off in traffic and harp on it for days where you and I would just say an explicitive or two and be done with it.

Axl is Axl.

Edited by Tabitha27

Watch 4:30 into this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW3H6bnaez8

Clearly Axl sees something or someone that makes him react and thats just before he plays the wrong keys. He could be llooking at the monitor for lyrics also but it sure looks like he sees something that makes him distracted.

I find this moment the strangest of the whole concert.

Edited by gokken

Tabitha I understand what you are saying. And you are basically spot on.

But the fart thing is a little off. I've been a fan since 1987 and there have literally been blockage of YEARS at time where we didnt hear anything from or about Axl. Years at a time.

Unfortunately, a lot of the negative press he brings onto himself. Like last night. How do u not start getting in shape before the show? How do u not rehearse with your band before a tour? How do u keep the name GnR for personal reasons, but only put out one album in 15 years?

Put out an album every three years, get in shape for tours, do a couple interviews now and then.....and 85% of the critics and haters go away!!!!!!!!!

I seriously think he needs to let Dj take over for beta in terms of what he and the band does. She doesn't seem to have a Passion for the music.

Edited by Groghan

Yeah like I said in another topic it didn't even feel like GNR to me. It was one of the strangest shows I have seen. I have never seen Axl give just a blank stare before...

Dublin 2010, Download 2006?

Anyway, the biggest catastrophy in this show were the cameramen. What the heck was it?! Throughout the night they had like maybe 2 or 3 long shots in total. That means they didn't have shots were a person is fully visible in shot, from head to toes and focused on that person. I felt claustrophobic watching that. Most of the shots were from head to belly (midshots). Unprofessional and painful to watch, whether one's conscious about the reason or not. That must've contributed to the "weird" feeling I had watching this gig.

if so then explain this...

even at that concert when unhappy he was still amazing

Tabitha I understand what you are saying. And you are basically spot on.

But the fart thing is a little off. I've been a fan since 1987 and there have literally been blockage of YEARS at time where we didnt hear anything from or about Axl. Years at a time.

Unfortunately, a lot of the negative press he brings onto himself. Like last night. How do u not start getting in shape before the show? How do u not rehearse with your band before a tour? How do u keep the name GnR for personal reasons, but only put out one album in 15 years?

Put out an album every three years, get in shape for tours, do a couple interviews now and then.....and 85% of the critics and haters go away!!!!!!!!!

I seriously think he needs to let Dj take over for beta in terms of what he and the band does. She doesn't seem to have a Passion for the music.

Thanks again Groghan. I see your point of view too.

When I talked about the fart scenario, that is how Axl sees things. Again, you and I see it differently.

Axl's "friends" are not healthy for him either. He surrounds himself with "yes" men and "yes women" and instead of telling him the truth, they try and shield the truth from him which is extremely unhealthy.