Why does this band play with Axl?

Loaded

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. One conclusion can only be made. Slash respects his fans, Axl does not. This is clear.

Axl sang Estranged...for the fans.

He sang one song without messing it up completely, you must feel so privileged.

I feel privileged that a guy like Axl is around still rocking at age 50. One bad show doesn't change that. He's been consistently great the last few years. Give him a break. Don't take it for granted, because he's one of the only remaining true rockstars.

Great post. One conclusion can only be made. Slash respects his fans, Axl does not. This is clear.

Well who the fuck are you? Go see Slash then.

You Axl fanatics are so insecure about Slash.

When there's no one else to blame

*Puff puff puff

*Blank stare into oblivion

LOL

What about Axls vocal abilities in the outro of November Rain, I bet it was the best ever right? lolll

I feel privileged that a guy like Axl is around still rocking at age 50. One bad show doesn't change that. He's been consistently great the last few years. Give him a break. Don't take it for granted, because he's one of the only remaining true rockstars.

Actually, I think Axl should not take his fans for granted and get off his arse and rehearse before playing to a worldwide audience. Don't you think?

Well who the fuck are you? Go see Slash then

*Puff puff puff

LOL

What about Axls vocal abilities in the outro of November Rain, I bet it was the best ever right? lolll

So insecure about Slash? Why are we even talking about Slash? What does Slash have to do with anything related to GNR in 2011?

What did Slash have to do with Rio?

Don't get me wrong, I love Slash. Seen him twice. It was great. But honestly, who gives a fuck about Slash when it comes to GNR 2011? What does Slash have to do with Axl's voice or remembering lyrics?

And why did you create an account the day after Rio?

Well who the fuck are you? Go see Slash then

*Puff puff puff

LOL

So insecure about Slash? Why are we even talking about Slash? What does Slash have to do with anything related to GNR in 2011?

What did Slash have to do with Rio?

Don't get me wrong, I love Slash. Seen him twice. It was great. But honestly, who gives a fuck about Slash when it comes to GNR 2011? What does Slash have to do with Axl's voice or remembering lyrics?

And why did you create an account the day after Rio?

I won't mention Slash as long as you don't. I'm not here as you think I am to do the whole slash is better than axl thing. I don't care for it.

I'm just pointing out the truth about Rio.

Not that it's any of your business, and of course your just eluding to the fact that I'm some Slash spy....I have been looking at this site for years. I only bothered to register and post now because Rio was, as I've stated, the darkest day in GNR's history as a whole. I feel so strongly about it that I had to vent my disgust at Axl's complete disrespect shown for his fans who went through a monsoon just to see his sorry arse.

Edited by lespaul954

The darkest day in GNR history is that of your opinion. I'm still failing to see how Axl disrespected the fans at Rio, as from what I hear the people there live loved the show. Talk about fans going thru a monsoon to see him, Axl's the one who had to sing in that monsoon.

Yes you're right it is my opinion. I would say there are plenty of videos on youtube to back up my opinion. All he had to do was remember words and sing. He couldn't. The band actually have to do the work by playing their instruments and seemed to do ok. Axl was the only one butchering every song. So, if the weather was so bad why wasn't everyone else affected? Tell me that.

Clearly Axl kicking puddles like some kid and just giving up singing his parts after stuffing up is a win for the band. On the biggest stage in the world and on a broadcast shown around the world. You may have convinced yourself it was a great concert but let's be honest, you are at a point where he could mime on stage and it would send you crazy. You are a glorified Britney Spears fan with no soul. All you see is the celebrity. You don't have it in you to actually objectively critique what happened, then say you know what... he fucked up royal but tomorrow is another day. You just deny it completely as it ruins your little world that Axl is perfect. Even when he's gasping for air and mumbling through songs.

If you can't see how turning up completely unprepared is disrespectful I don't know what to tell you. You cannot understand.

Edited by lespaul954

Guest ben9785

packersnroses hey just take it easy OK people can share a opinion here, people have said much worse things about the show than what lespaul954 did. From what I understand lespaul954 was comparing the quality of the Rio show to that of Slash and fair enough to use those as examples because of their shared history, status in the industry etc. But you could compare the Rio show to any other major touring act and at the end it just comes down to how well the artist is prepared, well rehearsed and so on to deliver the level of show under question.

Anyway, look there's another show coming up within the next 12-48 hours, lets see how that goes, hopefully they will be on top form and we can all forget about Rio and have something positive to talk about.

Thanks for your time.

Like I said, the people who were actually in attendance for the show seemed to like it. Were you in attendance? Will you be attending a show? If not, what does it matter to you? I know there were screw ups in Rio. I'm not denying that. This is Guns N Roses after all. I just don't see how this is the darkest day in GnR history. If they cancel the tour and I don't get to see them, then that would be the darkest day to me. And when I do see them, I'm not going to be bitching about how Axl sounds. I'll just be happy to see my favorite band live. And if that makes me a Britney Spears-like fan, so be it. At least I'm not a negative douchebag who creates an account just to bitch. :thumbsup:

Edit: you are right ben9785

Edited by packersnroses

Like I said, the people who were actually in attendance for the show seemed to like it. Were you in attendance? Will you be attending a show? If not, what does it matter to you? I know there were screw ups in Rio. I'm not denying that. This is Guns N Roses after all. I just don't see how this is the darkest day in GnR history. If they cancel the tour I don't get to see them, then that would be the darkest day to me. And when I do see them, I'm not going to be bitching about how Axl sounds. I'll just be happy to see my favorite band live. And if that makes me a Brittany Spears-like fan, so be it. At least I'm not a negative douchebag who creates an account just to bitch. :thumbsup:

Edit: thx ben9785

Were you in the room when they recorded Chinese Democracy? If not, how do you know it's good?? Is that what you want to bring your logic down to. The fact I wasn't there? There's high quality videos all over youtube you moron. Do you watch sport? How do you know the game was good if your not there?!?!

Anyway, this is useless. You can't even figure out how a band who is paid millions of dollars is disrespecting their fans (who have provided the lifestyle they live) by showing up completely unprepared and unrehearsed, putting on a shit show.

No one is saying don't like the band, but be realistic. It's not healthy to be as delusional as you are. And I'm not bitching pal, I'm stating facts.

Go watch November Rain from Rio. It's an awesome version if you havn't seen it. Or maybe Patience? lolll

I was comparing the difference between watching on YouTube and actually being there live in person. If you didn't like what was on YouTube, who cares? You didn't pay for it. That's why I brought up how people who actually were there, actually paid, haven't been bitching. It must not have been a shit show for them, even tho it was for you on YouTube. If Axl sang Omaha like he did Rio, I'll be happy. Why? Because I don't care how he sounds, that's not why I paid for a ticket.

I can go all night.

I was comparing the difference between watching on YouTube and actually being there live in person. If you didn't like what was on YouTube, who cares? You didn't pay for it. That's why I brought up how people who actually were there, actually paid, haven't been bitching. It must not have been a shit show for them, even tho it was for you on YouTube. If Axl sang Omaha like he did Rio, I'll be happy. Why? Because I don't care how he sounds, that's not why I paid for a ticket.

I can go all night.

It's obvious you don't care how Axl sounds. This is why you are oblivious to how he actually sounded at Rio. The fact that you don't care how he sounds even compromises your opinion on the issue as a whole.

Let me ask you, if you don't care what he sounds like, what is it you do pay for and want to see/hear?

If Axl sang Omaha like he did Rio, I'll be happy. Why? Because I don't care how he sounds, that's not why I paid for a ticket.

Then....ummm...why DID you pay for a ticket?

Umm...to see my favorite band live? If I want to hear the songs perfectly note for note, I'll just listen to the album.

@lespaul

I'm not oblivious to what he sounded like in Rio. I expected it. First live show in almost a year. I know Axl doesn't rehearse. Look back at Taipei 2009. Basically the same, but he got better. I guess I should just cancel my tickets because Axl's voice doesn't satisfy you.

Edited by packersnroses

If Axl sang Omaha like he did Rio, I'll be happy. Why? Because I don't care how he sounds, that's not why I paid for a ticket.

Umm...to see my favorite band live? If I want to hear the songs perfectly note for note, I'll just listen to the album.

So, you don't care what they sound like right? You just want to "see" them. Correct?

So, you don't care what they sound like right? You just want to "see" them. Correct?

I answered you above in an edit. I don't care if Axl is Mickey Mouse on acid, I'll still pay to see him live. And Rio wasn't that bad.

I answered you above in an edit. I don't care if Axl is Mickey Mouse on acid, I'll still pay to see him live. And Rio wasn't that bad.

Ok so at least you admit that you don't go to actually listen to the music. That really explains a lot. Axl knows you fanatics are like this, that's why he doesn't rehearse. He doesn't need to. He could turn up farting for 2.5 hours and you guys would scream like 11 year old girls.

Ok so at least you admit that you don't go to actually listen to the music. That really explains a lot. Axl knows you fanatics are like this, that's why he doesn't rehearse. He doesn't need to. He could turn up farting for 2.5 hours and you guys would scream like

11 year old girls.

You are such an idiot. Good thing you don't have to worry about spending money on seeing this band live if they come to your neighborhood, right? I'll make sure to bring a note pad when I go so I can write down how many times Axl misses a note and I'll get back to you.

Ok so at least you admit that you don't go to actually listen to the music. That really explains a lot. Axl knows you fanatics are like this, that's why he doesn't rehearse. He doesn't need to. He could turn up farting for 2.5 hours and you guys would scream like

11 year old girls.

You are such an idiot. Good thing you don't have to worry about spending money on seeing this band live if they come to your neighborhood, right? I'll make sure to bring a note pad when I go so I can write down how many times Axl misses a note and I'll get back to you.

Yeah and you don't have to worry about hearing them. Because you don't care about the music! Go watch some of their greatest performances on youtube on mute. You can stare at Axl with love in your eyes and drool over his costumes!