Why does this band play with Axl?

Loaded

After watching Rio, i really don't get it. Aren't they embarrassed being on the same stage with him? I'm embarrassed that i'm a fan of Axl.

You could say that they do it because there is a fat paycheck?

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have my fair share of criticisms from Rio, one bad show isn't really enough to indicate what kind of person he is in any other capacity. The thing is when he is on, he's fuckin ON. They know the potential is there to create some amazing music together and that holds a lot of merit. I really don't see any of those guys being in it for the money, fame, etc. I doubt it'd be worth it...

yeah, a paycheck. but also the opportunity to play before huge, awesome crowds. that's why lots of people get into bands. i imagine that'd be a huge rush. they get to share their gifts with lots of people and make some good money doing it. that money affords them the opportunity to work on their own passion projects and allows those different projects the chance to find a whole new audience.

and even though axl's crazy and dysfunctional, he's still a legend. and it'd be cool to play with any of the greats.

the frustrations are obvious. so they do it as long as the goods out weight the bads. when things change, they find a new gig. happens with lots of musicians in lots of bands.

After watching Rio, i really don't get it. Aren't they embarrassed being on the same stage with him? I'm embarrassed that i'm a fan of Axl.

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

Because they are a bunch of "and you are who's"? sucking off the teet of Axl Rose. They don't give a crap about him or the GnR legacy.

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

You're so full of shit. If you really meant what you said, you'd leave. But no, you want attention. Just like all the other dipshits.

Perhaps you should take a trip through memory lane and go watch all the fucked up poor performances from the previous iterations of this band.

Axl was a little pitchy and a little rusty. Big fuckin deal!

You're just another moron with internet access.

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

You're so full of shit. If you really meant what you said, you'd leave. But no, you want attention. Just like all the other dipshits.

Perhaps you should take a trip through memory lane and go watch all the fucked up poor performances from the previous iterations of this band.

Everyone has bad shows. They know how Axl works, and that he doesn't rehearse, so I'm sure they're used to occasional shaky shows. But they're playing with one of the great rock singers of all time, a real legend. That's gotta count for something!

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

fuck you ! fyou.gif You wouldn't work with Axl if you had the chance ?

Because they are a bunch of "and you are who's"? sucking off the teet of Axl Rose. They don't give a crap about him or the GnR legacy.

and fuck you too!

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

WTF are you saying? Why should i leave? I said that i'm embarrassed to be an Axl fan. As in present tense which means that i still am a fan.

I'm not gonna bother to comment on the attention part.

He was off key ,losing breath and forgetting lyrics.That does not happen to a professional musician who has sold 100 million records.

And yes it is a big deal. He was on the biggest stage in the world and he didn't bother to put in some effort and rehearse with the band.

Edited by Loaded

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

WTF are you saying? Why should i leave? I said that i'm embarrassed to be an Axl fan. As in present tense which means that i still am a fan.

He was off key ,losing breath and forgetting lyrics.That does not happen to a professional musician who has sold 100 million records.

And yes it is a big deal. He was on the biggest stage in the world and he didn't bother to put in some effort and rehearse with the band.

You should leave because you're spinning and exaggerating. You're not a fan. You're just some scorned idiot. You know why Ron wore the clone army helmet? To make fun of assholes. Assholes like you.

He was off key... on some songs. Not every song.

He didn't practice. OH FUCKING WELL! Do you even know what rock n roll is? No, you clearly don't.

He was rusty. That's all it is. He didn't practice. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That's how Axl rolls. If you didn't know that by now, then you're no Guns n Roses fan.

And yes you very much do want attention. Don't fuckin lie to me and try to deny it.

And just so you know. I will be there. I will be there when Axl has great show after great show during the tour. And I will resurrect this fuckin thread and post youtube video after youtube video of all the good shows. And then what will you say? Eh? EH?! Now go away. Go away forever. You have accomplished nothing, other than your lame goal of trolling. Congratulations, you're a cupcake on the internet. THAT's what you should be embarrassed about. Of course I'm betting you're embarrassed about who you are in the real world, and that's why you come here to rile up true fans and draw attention to yourself.

Axl will get it together. And I will be sure to rub your face in it.

And just so you know. I will be there. I will be there when Axl has great show after great show during the tour. And I will resurrect this fuckin thread and post youtube video after youtube video of all the good shows. And then what will you say? Eh? EH?! Now go away. Go away forever. You have accomplished nothing, other than your lame goal of trolling. Congratulations, you're a cupcake on the internet. THAT's what you should be embarrassed about. Of course I'm betting you're embarrassed about who you are in the real world, and that's why you come here to rile up true fans and draw attention to yourself.

vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time.

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

You should leave because you're spinning and exaggerating. You're not a fan. You're just some scorned idiot. You know why Ron wore the clone army helmet? To make fun of assholes. Assholes like you.

He was off key... on some songs. Not every song.

He didn't practice. OH FUCKING WELL! Do you even know what rock n roll is? No, you clearly don't.

He was rusty. That's all it is. He didn't practice. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That's how Axl rolls. If you didn't know that by now, then you're no Guns n Roses fan.

And yes you very much do want attention. Don't fuckin lie to me and try to deny it.

Calm the fuck down ok? You're saying all these things because don't want to comprehend the truth. I'm not here to talk about rock n' roll. I'm talking about music ,so cut it with the "this is the rock n' roll attitude", because it's bullshit. Let's stick to music.

I don't give a fuck where you will be when Axl has a great concert or takes a piss.

I can't believe that you think that this is not a big deal. Not that the world is gonna end but for guns N' roses it's a pretty big deal.

One more thing. You're saying that i'm a cupcake right?

I asked about people's opinion.

You started commenting about who i was ,my private life, trolling,where you'll be when this or that happens etc.

If you want to comment on the subject please be my guest ,if not don't choke me and the other members on this forum with talking about me ,you or your dog. Stick to the topic ,if you don't have anything to say about it ,ignore it.

Loyalty?

They enjoy it?

Great pay and lots of blow jobs. I think the only ones there who care enough to play for next to nothing are Dizzy and Tommy.

I don't get why Tommy's there. Never will. :shrugs:

What else is he going to do. Without this he'd be playing clubs in the night and flipping burgers during the day. I'm realistic enough to know why he's there.

Um, he's Tommy Stinson. He was in The motherfucking Replacements. He could be doing all manner of creative and productive things. I don't care how much money he's making, the fact that he's been there for so long mystifies me. :shrugs:

What else is he going to do. Without this he'd be playing clubs in the night and flipping burgers during the day. I'm realistic enough to know why he's there.

Um, he's Tommy Stinson. He was in The motherfucking Replacements. He could be doing all manner of creative and productive things. I don't care how much money he's making, the fact that he's been there for so long mystifies me. :shrugs:

yeah. tommy's been at it since he was 14. his burger flipping days have been over for a while.

in fact, as i've said before, tommy's the only guy in gnr (other than axl) that belongs in the RRHoF.

yeah. tommy's been at it since he was 14. his burger flipping days have been over for a while.

in fact, as i've said before, tommy's the only guy in gnr (other than axl) that belongs in the RRHoF.

My comment was harsh and I retract it. I was only trying to highlight the fact that anything he would be doing would not be in the same league as "being in GNR". I think he knows that and that's why he's there.

My comment was harsh and I retract it. I was only trying to highlight the fact that anything he would be doing would not be in the same league as "being in GNR". I think he knows that and that's why he's there.

That's true. None of them ever had any gig comparable to being in GnR. Maybe only Fortus, but nothing steady. It's their job, not their hobby, you know. They play to live, not live to play.

except maybe getting back with westerberg.

it wouldn't be as "big" as gnr, but i don't think tommy's a guy that necessarily thinks bigger is better.

Edited by Sonny Largo