How are U.S. ticket sales going?

burden

Just went to purchase Wilkes-Barre tickets thinking I may not get any or would be at top of arena and there seems to be ton of tickets avail. Small market but if any indication of a broader issue they better get the promo out soon!!!

Just went to purchase Wilkes-Barre tickets thinking I may not get any or would be at top of arena and there seems to be ton of tickets avail. Small market but if any indication of a broader issue they better get the promo out soon!!!

I always though he should have done a smaller venue tour, but it is what it is. Minneapolis (Target Center) if you poke aropund on TM, lower bowl appears to have sold fairly well so far. Upper deck looks 'ok' for sales.

So getting up at 10am for the pre-sale wasn't necessary. Damnit.

Yeah I know what you mean. I got up 7am Pacific time every single time, for Hartford, Worcester and Albany. To be more exact 6.55, thinking that maybe I won't be able to get tickets if I wait. The Dallas floor tickets sold out pretty fast, at least when I checked I wasn't able to find any, and that was like a week ago. I think getting tickets in the first hour of the pre-sale is only necessary if they were to do like a MSG, LA or San Francisco (e.g. Warfield Theater) show.

Edited by ppruks

some of it has to do with which seats. Most american fans dont want floor. if you check best available only it takes you to floor 'seats" so it may be misleading.

Despite that sales are not gonna be great until the reunite or Axl unleashes a great radio single.

Wasn't it predictable that the ticket sale for the U.S. tour would fail? Touring a 2 year old album, no sign of a new album in the near future, no radio single, no bandphoto's, no interviews, lack of promotion,... When you think of this you can ask yourself how big the chance is that the regular man/ woman on the street is gonna dig up some 70+$ to attend one of the shows.

Wasn't it predictable that the ticket sale for the U.S. tour would fail? Touring a 2 year old album, no sign of a new album in the near future, no radio single, no bandphoto's, no interviews, lack of promotion,... When you think of this you can ask yourself how big the chance is that the regular man/ woman on the street is gonna dig up some 70+$ to attend one of the shows.

Pretty much will be a 3 year old album by the time the U.S tour hits...

Pretty much will be a 3 year old album by the time the U.S tour hits...

Truth. :thumbsup:

My local radio stations have been giving away TONS of pairs of tix for the Chicago date. I don't know if that's any indication of slow sales or not, but they have been giving away more GnR tickets than any other show.

I use to call into The Rock 103.5 Chicago all the time when I was a teenager. I was caller #10 in 1996 and 1997 for Rockstock tickets. I miss that station.

Edited by Nintari

+1. I still think this tour wreaks of legal obligation. I really don't know what they're doing...

Maybe but why almost no promotion? If Azoff had a stack in this you would think he would promote the shit out of it? bascially nothing............

Don't know... Maybe it was killing two birds with one stone. Guns could finally tour the States and Azoff gets his compensation from the tour. The lack of promotion is startling though...

If they promoted it more and more people would know that this is not the old band, and armed with that knowledge many people would probably change their mind about going.

Yes in the US people don't know what Velvet Revolver is, and that Slash has a new album out and is working with Myles Kennedy on a new album and that GN'R broke up ages ago.

It all happened there you tool.

American music fans puzzle me... In most countries in Europe & around the world, Gn'R can still sell out large venues and most importantly fans are real true fans at the shows, chanting & jumping along every music. Most shows I see from the states, people look like zombies! WTF is wrong with you guys!? :shrugs:

Just take a look at this audience (in Portugal) during WTTJ and explain me why we don't see this everywhere?

http://youtu.be/mkXEyUVKt_Y

Edited by trqster

American music fans puzzle me... In most countries in Europe & around the world, Gn'R can still sell out large venues and most importantly fans are real true fans at the shows, chanting & jumping along every music. Most shows I see from the states, people look like zombies! WTF is wrong with you guys!? :shrugs:

Just take a look at this audience (in Portugal) during WTTJ and explain me why we don't see this everywhere?

http://youtu.be/mkXEyUVKt_Y

Americans are more into Beyoncé, Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga.

If they promoted it more and more people would know that this is not the old band, and armed with that knowledge many people would probably change their mind about going.

Yes in the US people don't know what Velvet Revolver is, and that Slash has a new album out and is working with Myles Kennedy on a new album and that GN'R broke up ages ago.

The casual music fan may not.

Casual music fan hears radio ad about tour. Casual music fan remembers that he was big fan of the band in his teens and thinks about catching a show in his area. Casual music fan hears interview with Axl or sees a print ad, showing him that this is a totally different band then when he was younger. Casual music fan debates as to whether or not he wants to go.

That is why I think Axl does little to no promotion.

The casual music fan may not.

Casual music fan hears radio ad about tour. Casual music fan remembers that he was big fan of the band in his teens and thinks about catching a show in his area. Casual music fan hears interview with Axl or sees a print ad, showing him that this is a totally different band then when he was younger. Casual music fan debates as to whether or not he wants to go.

That is why I think Axl does little to no promotion.

They toured in 2002, came on the VMA's in 2002, there were loads of TV reports in 2002 and 2006. They toured the US in 2006. All of which showed a band without it's former members.

There is little to none chance that ''casual'' US fans don't know that Saul Hudson, Michael McKagan, Jeffrey Isbell and Michael Coletti left GN'R ages ago.