Still not convinced by Ashba

W. Adam S

I like Dj, His and My style just match, Big fan of Dj and Axl here ;). Dj is a very good Guitarist, I like his style, Alot of people say he dressed stupid of whatever, but I like it!, He seems like a nice guy, He has a great stage presence He also wrote alot of good music; Beautiful creatures, Mötley Crüe and Sixx: A.M.(and more). I'm really excited to see what he is going to bring to the new GN'R Record. And off course Bumblefoot and Fortus are really good too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I miss Robin Finck!

DJ reminds me too much of Slash. It makes GnR again seem like a whore rock band from the '80s. He brings that whole Sixx AM vibe to GnR which is so uncool.

Let's remember why Axl wanted Robin Finck in the first place:

1. Because Finck is a genius in creating cutting edge industrial and alternative rock music!

Because of Finck's credentials, Finck gave GnR more credibility and respect. You may not like NiN music but you sure would not disrespect them.

With Finck in GnR, it was that same thing. Non-GnR fans have to think twice before dissing GnR once they know Robin Finck - from NiN - was the main guitarist.

You don't get the same kind of respect with DJ (or Slash for the matter).

Not sure if you know this, but Robin didnt do any writing in NIN. Everything was written by Trent, but he hired Robin to play guitar live

He looks like a douche. But he clearly is a great guitar player, and he clearly loves to play rock music.

I've posted it ten times, but I would have DJ replace Beta as the bands decision maker. I guarantee you we would get regular new music like most normal bands.

He looks like a douche. But he clearly is a great guitar player, and he clearly loves to play rock music.

I've posted it ten times, but I would have DJ replace Beta as the bands decision maker. I guarantee you we would get regular new music like most normal bands.

yep, he dresses like a fag

True dat... he might dress like Nikki Sixx had sex with a Scarecrow but if he were in charge of GnR, we'd probably have things under way.

I like Dj, His and My style just match, Big fan of Dj and Axl here ;). Dj is a very good Guitarist, I like his style, Alot of people say he dressed stupid of whatever, but I like it!, He seems like a nice guy, He has a great stage presence He also wrote alot of good music; Beautiful creatures, Mötley Crüe and Sixx: A.M.(and more). I'm really excited to see what he is going to bring to the new GN'R Record. And off course Bumblefoot and Fortus are really good too.

the problem is with Axl's work ethic... when we'll ever see new material surface

I've never agreed with that philosophy.

First, were not talking every year. Axl has put out one album in 15 years. That is ludicrous.

Second, it is rock and roll. I guarantee you Axl and this band can write and record 14 songs every year...heck, 14 songs every two years and the music won't be "shitty." If big name musicians can't write 5-6 songs a year......that's just sad.

Axl can write and record 15 songs every two years and they won't be shitty albums.

First, were not talking every year. Axl has put out one album in 15 years. That is ludicrous.

Second, it is rock and roll. I guarantee you Axl and this band can write and record 14 songs every year...heck, 14 songs every two years and the music won't be "shitty." If big name musicians can't write 5-6 songs a year......that's just sad.

Axl can write and record 15 songs every two years and they won't be shitty albums.

yeah agreed, but Axl wants everything perfect, what I've heard Axl plays and sings something on piano and Dj is like Whoa! and Axl is like Nah.... There Isn't a single Guns N' Roses song I don't like, and I can't say that about any other band! might be 'cause he wants everything perfect...

and okay, 1 album in 15 years is not enough, but Axl has gone trough alot of shit those years....

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

Beta running gnr is a fucking joke. Do they have a manager other than her or has axls delusion become so grand that he can't even have a real manager around who says "you know axl, perhaps you should release an album and put yourself out there a little bit"?

She apparently texted Bach and asked if he wanted to go on the road with them. Crazy.

yeah agreed, but Axl wants everything perfect, what I've heard Axl plays and sings something on piano and Dj is like Whoa! and Axl is like Nah.... There Isn't a single Guns N' Roses song I don't like, and I can't say that about any other band! might be 'cause he wants everything perfect...

and okay, 1 album in 15 years is not enough, but Axl has gone trough alot of shit those years....

Ok, fine- Axl is a perfectionist and he's been through a lot (most of which he brought on himself), noone questions that... but in the 15 year wait- there was definitely also just general lack of motivation involved in great spells...

Ashba's solo sounds like dogshit I can't believe people were praising that tripe...

Fortus should be the lead in this band ffs.

+1

Ashba is a generic and ordinary 80s guitar player. There are thousands of dudes on youtube that play as good as him. there dozens/hundred of dudes in hollywood that have the look/charisma/average-playing ability that DJ has.

He's just a lucky dude but his not unique by any means. The sixx AM solos are just more of the same and over produced...

Fortus is a more complete player. Is technically on another level, and has that "bluesy feeling" that's much needed in GnR.

I agree 4tus should be lead and not just the "gilby clarke/izzy stradlin" of the band...

so many dumb comments in this post. DJ plays more of an Izzy role. Its obvious from comments that he has been writing with Axl. Who was the last member that could say that? Bucket? If he gets Axl to let go of the damn vault then he will have earned his place even if he couldn't play a damn lick. which in fact he can. He sounded better than anyone at Rio while i was watching. he takes the band very seriously and respects the legacy. and you guys bitch about how he dresses? Fags.

If DJ is so average, why did established veterans like Sixx and Axl pick him for their bands?

because in hollywood, once you're in the medium, and you know people, you may get lucky. that's what happened to him and to a lot of folks day in and day out in other bands...he just happened to hit the jackpot in a band like guns.

average player at best. can't comment on his producer skills as I really don't follow his work outside of guns (i do have both six am records where he plays though).

What has he wrote/produced in his career that's worth a shit?

This guy is a fame whore - that's all he cares about.

He butchers every solo he plays live - I'm not impressed with him at all - he's average.

Well nikki sixx and Axl rose likes him.....even if you don't.

Guy is doing what he loves, for a living, in front of millions of people. Fame whore? Jealous much???

Are you a musician? If so, please let us know what you have achieved in the music world.

What you want him to be isn't a concern to him trust me and it shouldn't be. I love delusional internet people that think just because they're fans means they can have it their way.

How does me thinking a guitar player isn't as good as I had hoped "delusional"? Why would I think my opinion would concern him?

Most people on this forum these days are overly aggressive and thick as shit.

Ashba is a very important member IMO. Both on-stage and off-stage. He is our link to the past and our hope for the future.

Speaking about guitarists, Ron does a great job on Estranged, but Slash' magic was that he was imperfect. THAT, Ron can never be.

I love Bumble but he's not a perfect guitar player, and even if he was, he still wouldn't sounds like Slash. Every guitar player is different and I like that as it makes it more interesting to me.

Different brain, different fingers, different people.

Ron does come with a lot of cool things exclusive to him in Guns like the fretless playing, his perfect pitch and amazing technical abilities

not to mention a rare understanding of music and Zappa-like versatility as a musician.

Bucket is closer to 'perfect' as an example to me anyway, but yeah in his own way, Slash was perfect for Guns more then anyone else,

at least for what musical direction they were going for with Apetite and Illusions.

so many dumb comments in this post. DJ plays more of an Izzy role. Its obvious from comments that he has been writing with Axl. Who was the last member that could say that? Bucket? If he gets Axl to let go of the damn vault then he will have earned his place even if he couldn't play a damn lick. which in fact he can. He sounded better than anyone at Rio while i was watching. he takes the band very seriously and respects the legacy. and you guys bitch about how he dresses? Fags.

i'm agree with you!